****ING VIRUSES...DONT' YOU ****ING NERDS HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO?!

Fishooked

I got the worst virus every last night...

And yeah, it's my own fault for attempting to download a key generataor... :hand: - ironically enough the actual keys themselves worked.

Stupid AVG found the virus but I guess it couldnt remove it in time...what this POS

does is this:

>changes your wallpaper to a black background with some bogus error message saying your pc is infected with spyware

>keep receiving notifications in your taskbar that your pc has been infected with spyware, use the Windows Malicious Software Removal tool...which is actually disables

>disables task manager

>when attempting to run a system restore, the only restore point available to you is the time you actually received the virus, all of your other system restore points are unavailable.

Now I have to rebuild my ****ing PC...at least all the pictures of my kids are safe on a portable hard drive.

Oh yeah, and BIG **** YOU TO ALL THOSE NERDS OUT THERE LIVING IN YOUR PARENTS' BASEMENTS!

:hand:

First try Spybot Search and Destroy & AdAware... also see if you can figure out exactly which one it is... then google it and someone is sure to know how to rid of it...

The price we... I mean you... pay for stealing software... :lol:

the Windows Malicious Software Removal is actually from MS

Yeah I know...it actually opened multiple balloon messages of it, but I couldnt actually run it. Or Ad-aware. Or Spybot.

Anyyone know what the defauly command key is to boot Windows in Safe Mode at startup?

Yeah I know...it actually opened multiple balloon messages of it, but I couldnt actually run it. Or Ad-aware. Or Spybot.

Anyyone know what the defauly command key is to boot Windows in Safe Mode at startup?

wow... a fun one I see...

SOB's!

F8

Thanks! And stop making viruses, nerd.

We know you email the code to a bunch of Romanian teens rife with angst, so this way it's untraceable to you.

lol.. i have toyed around a bit, but not in a long time and I never released anything ;)

As a so-called "nerd", I take personal offense to this. I don't go around ****ing up anyone's computers and resent the implication.

Hell, I'm too lazy to actually program at work when they're paying me, you think I'm going to do it for free just to screw with someone? I don't need to anonymously drive people insane through computer viruses, that's what I post on an internet message board for.

I find it funny that all the macs fans are trying to get more people to buy macs. The only reason people don't code malware and virus for the mac is because they represent such a small market share that it isn't wort the time and effort.

I find it funny that all the macs fans are trying to get more people to buy macs. The only reason people don't code malware and virus for the mac is because they represent such a small market share that it isn't wort the time and effort.

I'm fine with that. Love my mac, btw.

Apple is the #1 creator of malware for Windows based PC's... seriously...

That's a problem?, why? You can always use Linux, correct me if I'm wrong but both OS'es are Unix based, truth is no OS is immune to viruses. An educated user is the only way.

Apple is the #1 creator of malware for Windows based PC's... seriously...

Link? or spreading fud?

fishhooked - this is all fixable without too much headache. you are going to want to download the freeware hijackthis and malwarebytes anti-malware. you can google both of them and find out how to remove the virus.

to get the task manager working again you are going to have to edit the registry - follow these instructions: http://ask-leo.com/why_is_my_task_manager_disabled_and_how_do_i_fix_it.html

there is also a rededit for the background wallpaper.

once you run hijackthis you should find all of the 'rogue' processes that are running. if you google them one at a time you can find a way to remove each of them. it will probably take you a few hours but it is all doable.

Archived