****ING VIRUSES...DONT' YOU ****ING NERDS HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO?!

Fishooked

Fish that really stinks, hope you can recover those family photos and things. Good luck getting it fixed!

I'd be surprised to find out that Fish doesn't have an external HD.

Fish if you don't, I think slightly less of you.

It happened trying to generate a key for SnagIt9.

In this economy, how can you NOT steal software? :confused:

And yeah, I have an external drive for pictures of the kids...and animated gifs.

I have a Windows XP cd if I need to as a last resort.

Still..dont feel like sitting there for hours download & installing old HotFixes... :hand:

It happened trying to generate a key for SnagIt9.

In this economy, how can you NOT steal software? :confused:

And yeah, I have an external drive for pictures of the kids...and animated gifs.

I have a Windows XP cd if I need to as a last resort.

Still..dont feel like sitting there for hours download & installing old HotFixes... :hand:

Every computer in my office had this last week. http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm fixes it.

So I tried just about everything last night and I'm not sure if my system will ever be the same.

Even after running SpyBot several times, Ad-Aware, several Virus Scans, my pc still has problems, and all my system restore points are all gone.

My task manager is still disabled.

Apparently I got some Vondo virus or Virtuamond variations...pretty nasty stuff.

Now if I can't do a system restore, what else is left?

:fan:

I had the same thing happen awhile back and this saved alot of my stuff

http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

It is linux based but bascially download it and burn it to CD. If your pc is totally fried and won't boot up use it to boot up and then you can move and pictures or important files over to an external hard drive.

Shut the pc down and use your system recovery disks or backups and you should be good to go.

Also if you should have some kind of backup. Something like Nortons Ghost where you can take an image of your entire hard drive is a life saver.

Rebuilt mine in about 2 hours.

You'd think these pricks would spend their extra time doing something to help people. Why don't these Einsteins try to find a cure for cancer or something ? Worthless turds.

I agree. What a colossal waste of time.

I must have run eleventy-billion scans using HijackThis, Spybot, Ad-Aware, Avast....

And I damn near got the thing totally clean.

Until Avast kept saying that my user32.dll file was infected. I used a XP Ulitmate Boot Disc to replace that file with the one on the DVD. That was the very last issue I had...and once I did that, it told me 'winserv' was missing or some ****.

At that point I had just about reached my breaking point, my brain was melted from troubleshooting & reading cyber-nerd message boards to fix these problems.

However, in all of this it was probably a good thing - I had gotten pretty sloppy with some of my installs and uninstalls, so maybe it had to get done.

Another positive is this program - MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE - excellent free program -

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?tag=mncol

You'd think these pricks would spend their extra time doing something to help people. Why don't these Einsteins try to find a cure for cancer or something ? Worthless turds.

These 'worthless turds' are probably the same people who design antivirus software.

What would they do for a living?

These 'worthless turds' are probably the same people who design antivirus software.

What would they do for a living?

You're probably right - job security.

After thousands of pc's get infected, they somehow come up with a 'fix'. :bs:

Apparently my machine had teh 'Vundo' virus.... not pretty at all.

Archived