CB Samari Rolle to vist Jets ~ ProFootballTalk

:Typotux:

ROLLE TO VISIT JETS

Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 19, 2009, 3:34 p.m.

Former Baltimore Ravens cornerback Samari Rolle is scheduled to arrive in New York tonight to visit the Jets, according to Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News and Jets blogger Lisa Zimmerman.

Rolle was cut by the Ravens on Wednesday in a transaction that saved the team $4.1 million against the 2009 salary cap.

Jets coach Rex Ryan is a big fan of Rolle

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i know people love revis......and he is a great corner. but i'd make that trade straight up in a heartbeat.

No way. I like the idea of getting Cutler, he definetly is an upgrade over our 2 guys. But I thnk he is overrated. And I sure as hell wouldn't give up one of the top 5 corners in the game for him.

Revis is not Deion ****ing Sanders.

If we could trade him straight-up for a franchise QB, we should do it without even thinking.

That's just a pipe dream, anyway. No way Denver would ever do that.

Don't understand (if it was even remotely possible) how anyone could have a issue with it. I am hoping Ratliff works out as our QB but there is noone we should hesitate to trade in a Cutler deal period.

No way. I like the idea of getting Cutler, he definetly is an upgrade over our 2 guys. But I thnk he is overrated. And I sure as hell wouldn't give up one of the top 5 corners in the game for him.

lol.....dude he's still just a cornerback. cutler is a franchise caliber quarterback. there isn't a position on any team in any sport more important than quarterback. if you can get a franchose quarterback...who will be in his prime years when you have him.....well it's a fu*king no-brainer for a team with a quarterback situation like the jets have. there isn't a player on the team i would hesitate trading for cutler. not one.

Revis is not Deion ****ing Sanders.

If we could trade him straight-up for a franchise QB, we should do it without even thinking.

That's just a pipe dream, anyway. No way Denver would ever do that.

Revis hasn't even entered his prime. Revis is getting that much better.

lol.....dude he's still just a cornerback. cutler is a franchise caliber quarterback. there isn't a position on any team in any sport more important than quarterback. if you can get a franchose quarterback...who will be in his prime years when you have him.....well it's a fu*king no-brainer for a team with a quarterback situation like the jets have. there isn't a player on the team i would hesitate trading for cutler. not one.

Revis is the only one I would hesitate on.

But ultimately, even with Revis and the <cough> all pro Rhodes manning 1/2 our secondary, our pass defense was one of the worst in the league last year. A start CB just isn't worth a star QB

Revis hasn't even entered his prime. Revis is getting that much better.

He's a CORNERBACK.

Assomuagha out in Oakland is unquestionably the best CB in football, and where exactly has that got the Raiders? If you look at recent Super Bowl champions, they had a pretty sorry list of starting corners.

Revis is a good player, but he is not worth Cutler. It's not even the same ballpark. You can win championships with subpar corners. Subpar QBs is a different story.

At best he's short-term insurance for Lito in case he blows, nothing more, nothing less. And anyone who thinks the possible acquisition of Rolle means anything towards Revis' security in a hypothetical Cutler scenario hasn't seen him play recently.

1. Rolle

2. ?

3. Cutler!

There's no such thing as security in a hypothetical Cutler scenario. Who in the league would you not trade straight up for him?

1. Rolle

2. ?

3. Cutler!

There's no such thing as security in a hypothetical Cutler scenario. Who in the league would you not trade straight up for him?

Not sure, but I know I'd trade away the combination of 'Nova putting me through this and one of your normal responses for Cutler in a second.

I assume there's a rather substantial cap hit with trading Revis.

he would count about 8 million on the books if cut. 500k more than his cap value right now. so while it would be 8 million in dead money it wouldn't be too bad since it's only 500k more than what we're paying him this year anyway.

He's a CORNERBACK.

Assomuagha out in Oakland is unquestionably the best CB in football, and where exactly has that got the Raiders? If you look at recent Super Bowl champions, they had a pretty sorry list of starting corners.

Revis is a good player, but he is not worth Cutler. It's not even the same ballpark. You can win championships with subpar corners. Subpar QBs is a different story.

Good point.

he would count about 8 million on the books if cut. 500k more than his cap value right now. so while it would be 8 million in dead money it wouldn't be too bad since it's only 500k more than what we're paying him this year anyway.

Well his salary would not count as the new team would pay that... so subtract about 500k for his base salary...

5.7 million is a roster bonus... does the new team pay that?

I would think the JETS should only be on the hook for his pro-rated signing bonus...

I know right!!!!!

HAVE YOU PEOPLE LOST YOUR MINDS!!!!!!!!!!!! REVIS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!

i am so angry that the thought could even be entertained, those of you who would trade revis, see a doctor.

Those of you that wouldn't part ways with a ****ing CORNERBACK to get a FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK, see a Super Bowl DVD.

Those of you that wouldn't part ways with a ****ing CORNERBACK to get a FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK, see a Super Bowl DVD.

I still wouldn't do it. I'd rather keep Revis and draft a QB if that were the case. If Revis isn't in the discussion, though, we need to get Cutler now and give him more time to learn the playbook rather than doing what we did with Favre.

Archived