CB Samari Rolle to vist Jets ~ ProFootballTalk

i think it's safe to say it certainly wasn't Roethlisberger, just to be devil's advocate, and also because I think the advantage Revis gives us is absolutely immeasurable, He is a SHUT-DOWN CORNER. Cutler, as much as I think we DEFINITELY would have a great need for him, He ISN'T PROVEN AT ALL TO BE A WINNER, blah blah excuses, no RB's, and whatever else, but what this is really all about is not whether a star CB is better than a star QB, but rather,

IS REVIS A BETTER PLAYER THAN CUTLER!!!!! (and then eventually, is Revis a FAIR trade amongst other things we'd have to give up to the broncos for CUTLER)

and In My Own Humble Opinion, Revis is by far better and PROVEN

J

E

T

S!!

I think Revis has been more impressive as a starting CB from what I've seen then Cutler has been as a starting QB, but that being said this is a offensive/QB driven league and that becomes more true every year with new rule changes. Jay Cultler is a legitimate franchise QB, something it's very hard to find and win without.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Revis has been more impressive as a starting CB from what I've seen then Cutler has been as a starting QB, but that being said this is a offensive/QB driven league and that becomes more true every year with new rule changes. Jay Cultler is a legitimate franchise QB, something it's very hard to find and win without.

Agreed. Earlier in this thread, Aten posted some technical article rating CBs. It had Revis third overall behind Asomugha and Corey Webster. IIRC, the Raiders had #1, Chris Johnson #6 and Stanford Routt at #11. What was their record?

Yet, somehow, with "Christ in Cleats" Revis patrolling our secondary, we managed to finish 27th in the league in pass defense.

Look, he's a good player, but his impact in minimal. If we had the option to trade him for Jay Cutler and refused, then we'd deserve another forty years of misery.

Who do you think they were throwing to?? Because if you watched any games, they weren't throwing to Revis at all, and we were very weak at CB, i mean we had to depend upon Hank Poteat, Drew Coleman, Dwight Lowery A ROOKIE, WHO STARTED at the beginning of the season, and then we signed a 40+ Vet in Ty Law.

Who are you kidding man, how much of a franchise QB is a franchise QB who hasn't done **** in the playoffs, or even GOTTEN TO THE PLAYOFFS.

REVIS and CUTLER are INCOMPARABLE. Just face it. You can't equate an entire Secondary's poor performance, of the likes were mostly a direct result of our PU$$Y DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR who stopped blitzing after we got any lead whatsoever.

Cutler is good. Revis is better. Bottom Line

Who do you think they were throwing to?? Because if you watched any games, they weren't throwing to Revis at all, and we were very weak at CB, i mean we had to depend upon Hank Poteat, Drew Coleman, Dwight Lowery A ROOKIE, WHO STARTED at the beginning of the season, and then we signed a 40+ Vet in Ty Law.

Who are you kidding man, how much of a franchise QB is a franchise QB who hasn't done **** in the playoffs, or even GOTTEN TO THE PLAYOFFS.

REVIS and CUTLER are INCOMPARABLE. Just face it. You can't equate an entire Secondary's poor performance, of the likes were mostly a direct result of our PU$$Y DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR who stopped blitzing after we got any lead whatsoever.

Cutler is good. Revis is better. Bottom Line

The point is that Revis does not make much of a difference.

Cutler does. He's the ****ing QB.

The point is that Revis does not make much of a difference.

Cutler does. He's the ****ing QB.

ok when you can calculate the exact difference, show us and explain, I will declare you winner?? HAHA I mean this is an endless debate, because you're not really taking into account when they don't throw to Revis at all, as opposed to the calculable statistics that a QB can accumulate.

I think it's harsh on Revis to describe his impact as "minimal". CB isn't a HUGE position of importance, especially not when compared to a QB. That being said, if we can generate a pass rush consistently (Even a decent one, not asking to be the Pittsburgh Steelers here) then I honestly believe we could have an elite pass defense with Revis and especially now with Sheppard back there. Take out Revis and that would probably fall back down to the mid 20's.

I think it's harsh on Revis to describe his impact as "minimal". CB isn't a HUGE position of importance, especially not when compared to a QB. That being said, if we can generate a pass rush consistently (Even a decent one, not asking to be the Pittsburgh Steelers here) then I honestly believe we could have an elite pass defense with Revis and especially now with Sheppard back there. Take out Revis and that would probably fall back down to the mid 20's.

very good mediation. totally agree. Couldn't have said it better, and I didn't lol.

GO JETS!!!

Here's how I see it.

With Revis and an adequate pass rush + the rest of that secondary I think we could have an elite defense. One that would actually just dominate offenses in both areas of the game.

Without Revis we couldn't have an elite D, not with Dwight ****ing Lowery starting again. And don't give me that BS about the Steelers or the Ravens secondary. First of all, Ike Taylor is a pretty decent, very underrated CB while Chris McCallister for years was one of the top CB's in the league. He was terrible last season and if he was playing like he was a few years ago in the playoffs for the Ravens last season, maybe they could have stopped Santonio Holmes and made the SB, but who knows?

Secondly, unless the Jets are going to pull a James Harrison, Lamar Woodley, Terrell Suggs type pass rusher out of their ass you can rest assured, they will NOT be able to take pressure of the CB's like the Steelers or Ravens can.

My point is that I believe Revis is an integral part of this team. I wouldn't trade him easily and I sure as Hell would at least have to think long and hard before trading him and a 1st rounder for Jay Cutler, who BTW, I'm starting to think is getting very overrated among Jet fans.

I've said that I'd like to see the Jets get Cutler and all, but not to that extent.

ok when you can calculate the exact difference, show us and explain, I will declare you winner?? HAHA I mean this is an endless debate, because you're not really taking into account when they don't throw to Revis at all, as opposed to the calculable statistics that a QB can accumulate.

Scroll up to #27TheDominator's post a few posts up in this thread.

The Raiders had the #1, #6, and #11 cornerback last year. They have the #7 pick in the draft.

I'm done defending my position.

I think it's absolutely dumb to think about trading Darrelle Revis for Jay Cutler. The drop-off defensively to the next cornerback who would replace him (Donald Strickland or Dwight Lowery) is FAR FAR FAR larger than adding Cutler to this offense which can already run on every opponent this upcoming year for 120+ 2 TD's EVERY GAME, even with Kellen or Brett, or even Sanchez!

IS ANYONE WITH ME ON THIS AT ALLLLL!!!!!!!

WHAT IS GOING ON!>!?!??!?!

I wouldn't trade him easily and I sure as Hell would at least have to think long and hard before trading him and a 1st rounder for Jay Cutler, who BTW, I'm starting to think is getting very overrated among Jet fans.

I've said that I'd like to see the Jets get Cutler and all, but not to that extent.

I'm not too embarrassed about agreeing with you so consistently, but that is exactly where my opinion falls as well. I probably wouldn't even trade Revis for Cutler straight up.

Archived