BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Ryno the Jet

This is what Jet fans should be drinking. Green label, made in NY, delicious:

02_brooklyn_brewery.jpg

That was a big fave in my drinking days, when I wasn't completely entrenched in my primary hobby back then:

473207456_47c7c037b3.jpg

Brought down by too many Triples, and that other green monster: absinth. Oh well.

Brooklyn Lager is great, but a tad light for my liking...tripels on the other hand...

westmalle_tripel.jpg

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

smlabel_ipa.jpg

award_westcoast3.gifaward_westcoast2.gif

West Coast I.P.A.

This West Coast-Style India Pale Ale is extravagantly hopped, full flavored, medium bodied and copper colored. A menagerie of hops is combined throughout the brewing process to impart specific characteristics. Hops used include Simcoe for a unique fruitiness and grapefruit zest, Columbus for strong hop pungency, Centennial for pine and citrus notes, and Cascade for floral aroma.

ABV: 7.8%

IBU

Sweet jesus. I just polished off two 20 oz. Boulevard Pale Ales with a roast beef and turkey on wheat. I feel like I have a freakin' bowling ball in my stomach. Thank god it doesn't have butcher knives attached.

Sweet jesus. I just polished off two 20 oz. Boulevard Pale Ales with a roast beef and turkey on wheat. I feel like I have a freakin' bowling ball in my stomach. Thank god it doesn't have butcher knives attached.

i could go for a nice pastrami sub with swiss cheese and LTO. and wash it down with a yuengling lager.

sweet jesus that would be heaven

i could go for a nice pastrami sub with swiss cheese and LTO. and wash it down with a yuengling lager.

sweet jesus that would be heaven

So I see you've visited the HOF. What did you think? I went the year after the Patriots won their first Super Bowl. Wasn't all that impressed to tell the truth.

So I see you've visited the HOF. What did you think? I went the year after the Patriots won their first Super Bowl. Wasn't all that impressed to tell the truth.

i thought it was going to be bigger. it kinda seemed to me like a whole lot of memorabilia just kind of thrown together in some places. I did like the room with all the busts. they way they keep it somewhat dark and light up the busts gives it a mystical (not the right word) feeling. but other then that it wasnt someplace that i need to rush to get back too. until a special HOF induction.

I'm not sure how I feel about this but will probably pick up a six pack anyway.

Guinness puts 'zing' in new stout

300h.jpg

MILWAUKEE - The makers of Guinness are touting a new stout beer in the United States, a maltier, fizzier version of its older, creamier sibling, the world's best-selling stout.

"This is more about refreshment and zing," said Guinness master brewer Fergal Murray, who created the new carbonated brew.

The limited-edition Guinness 250 Anniversary Stout celebrates Arthur Guinness's signing of a 9,000-year lease in 1759 at St. James's Gate Brewery in Dublin, still the company's main brewery.

When it arrives in US bars and stores April 24, the anniversary brew will be the first new stout Guinness has exported to the United States since it brought over Guinness Draught in the mid-1960s.

The anniversary stout will be available only in the United States, Australia, and Singapore, according to Diageo PLC, owner of Guinness and the world's largest liquor producer. The company's other brands include Johnnie Walker and Baileys.

The beer is expected to be available for about six months, said Patrick Hughes, brand director for Diageo Guinness USA.

http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2009/04/08/guinness_puts_zing_in_new_stout/?p1=Well_MostPop_Emailed2

Dude have you ever met a beer that you didn't like? :lol:

They are few and far between, but I shy away from light beer. Why bother?

OTOH, I have always lived by the creed of the best beer by far is the beer that is FREE!

Not free, but close to the best is Victory Brewing Company's Golden Monkey:

victory%20golden%20monkey.jpg

Grabbed a sixer last night.

9.5 Alc%

WOWZA! A true to form Tripel. Great Beer!

Today I will have BBQ and:

lagunitas.jpg

Lagunitas IPA

Lagunitas Brewing Co.

Petaluma, CA,

Available: CA, OR, WA, ID, NV, AZ, CO, TX, VA, DC, NY, PA, MA

Comment:

Alcohol (wt.): 5.7

Alcohol (vol.): 7.2

Color: 9-12

Bitterness: 42

Original Gravity: 1056

Final gravity: 1011

Malts used: We use Great Western Pale Malt and a variety of other specialty malts for color and texture

Hops used: Our hop bill includes Horizon, Cascade, Pathetique, Emperor, and Eroica....

Had this one before; quality craft beer.

WHOOO-HOOOOO! Hops and ribs!

Okay, you guys have exactly 18 minutes to suggest a new beer for me to try tonight. GO!!

Sorry I caught this too late Alk. What did you go with?

For future reference, I always choose a style of beer before I move to brand selection. Like wine, you can pair your beer with the food/event/occasion for which you are selecting.

For instance, if you are just going to have 2 or 3, but you want the benefit most six-packs provide :) , then you should opt for something like a Tripel, Double IPA, etc.

If you are planning to drink for hours, and you need to stay civil, then you would want something like a Pilsner, Blonde Ale, etc.

Regardless, if you're drinking beer, and you do not run out before you are ready to quit, then you should be fine!

Sorry I caught this too late Alk. What did you go with?

For future reference, I always choose a style of beer before I move to brand selection. Like wine, you can pair your beer with the food/event/occasion for which you are selecting.

For instance, if you are just going to have 2 or 3, but you want the benefit most six-packs provide :) , then you should opt for something like a Tripel, Double IPA, etc.

If you are planning to drink for hours, and you need to stay civil, then you would want something like a Pilsner, Blonde Ale, etc.

Regardless, if you're drinking beer, and you do not run out before you are ready to quit, then you should be fine!

What's your recommendation for summer quaffing? German wheat? Pilsner?

What's your recommendation for summer quaffing? German wheat? Pilsner?

Both great choices, a nice Bock or Kolsch is great too! If you can find a Helles style Lager, grab it! Perfect for a hot summer day. Bavarian Ambers are nice when it is not blistering hot.

All that said, IPAs are awesome year round! But I am biased as a Hop Head!

I like Corona but I was told ( by 124) that it was inferior Mexican piss masquerading as Beer.

Corona is fine, especially if you plan to drink 10-20! Goes down easy, and not too strong.

There are actually numerous quality Mexican brews of various styles. I doubt 124 has a clue about quality craft beer; he's still a boy and all. icon12.gif

see page 9

icon12.gif

EDIT: AAMOF, I had some Red Stripe yesterday! HOOOOORAAAYYYYYYY BEER!

lol@ Hooray beer. The Jamaicans arent known for Beer, but Red Stripe is really good. For people who like variety:

weisse.jpg

lol@ Hooray beer. The Jamaicans arent known for Beer, but Red Stripe is really good. For people who like variety:

weisse.jpg

Not to be a smarta$$, but there is not much variety there; just different brands of wheat beers (Hefes). I would like to try them all though!

Both great choices, a nice Bock or Kolsch is great too! If you can find a Helles style Lager, grab it! Perfect for a hot summer day. Bavarian Ambers are nice when it is not blistering hot.

All that said, IPAs are awesome year round! But I am biased as a Hop Head!

Thanks for the response, Ryno. Now I can't wait 'til it gets hot.

Archived