Would you be Madoff?

ZachEY

Would you be Madoff?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you be Madoff?

• Yes, take the money
    • No, jail isn't worth it

No way. First, even with all of that money, I'd be too paranoid to be able to sleep or enjoy it. Second, if there is an afterlife, whether you go to heaven or hell, if you thought jail was bad, there probably will be a gonga line waiting to plow your a$$ every day (in a spiritual way ;)). For eternity! And finally, your legacy will be right up there with Hitler and Hussein.

What is the big deal about a yacht or a penthouse anyway? I can afford a milkshake or a pizza whenever I want. Me happy. :D

No. You could live to 100. That would be a LONG time in prison.

Plus how hey had to go about it, hurting people, stealing like that. I couldn't do that. I would much rather live and die broke.

Money doesn't equate to happiness.

No. You could live to 100. That would be a LONG time in prison.

Plus how hey had to go about it, hurting people, stealing like that. I couldn't do that. I would much rather live and die broke.

Money doesn't equate to happiness.

I did not know we were supposed to talk realistically in this thread... lol...

If we are going to though...

Money usually creates more problems for you than being broke does... it eases some problems while creating other problems...

In other words... if your not happy without money, you will not be happy with money.

What if you didn't have to do anything immoral.

Simply, billionaire to 65, then jail (guilt free) for the rest of your life.

Still a no for me. Life is too important to waste even one day imo.

In that case... I would use my original answer...

I would be the smarter version that took my money and ran the **** out of the country before the **** hit the fan...

lots of unanswered questions here.

when would you become a billionaire? are you one from the age of 16 and forward?

because let me tell you this.. 65 is pretty young nowadays.. and the years come speeding by once you reach my age.. 65 doesnt seem that far off. :lol:

It's just too much jail. Even assuming he only lives another five years, it would still be about 7% of his life behind bars. That's really a lot.

No way. First, even with all of that money, I'd be too paranoid to be able to sleep or enjoy it. Second, if there is an afterlife, whether you go to heaven or hell, if you thought jail was bad, there probably will be a gonga line waiting to plow your a$$ every day (in a spiritual way ;)). For eternity! And finally, your legacy will be right up there with Hitler and Hussein.

What is the big deal about a yacht or a penthouse anyway? I can afford a milkshake or a pizza whenever I want. Me happy. :D

You've summed it up nicely.

Simple question:

Would you take a life where you were a billionaire until you were 65, then had to spend the rest of your life in jail.

depends.......he probably still has enough money though to avoid the ****meat sandwich. i don't think i'd want to live out my old age in jail.

A quick trial means nobody looks for the money and his kids and wife are all set with cash for generations. When you're that old, your mortality is visible and taking care of the grandkids is huge. I don't think he'll care much.

But really....People screw others for much less money than that.

Still a no for me. Life is too important to waste even one day imo.

if you got to pick your prison you may change your mind.

if i could live a billionaire life and then check in to club fed at 65 i would probably do it. club fed is not that bad at all (no salad tossing), and life after 65 isnt all that great anyways.

A quick trial means nobody looks for the money and his kids and wife are all set with cash for generations. When you're that old, your mortality is visible and taking care of the grandkids is huge. I don't think he'll care much.

I disagree. I think he has dammed his family to a life of looking over their shoulder. You can't tell me everyone who's money he took is going to be ok because he's in jail now? Let me tell you, his family will never scrape the stink of this off their skin.

Also 65? Mortality? Maybe your family. My family is Sicilian and live forever. My Uncle got re-married and had a kid at 61. He runs around in Boca like a shriveled up Don Johnson wth his new 40 old wife and baby.

You don't need Billions to take care of your family. Just love and faith.

I haven't followed this story very closely, is his family really going to be able to keep the money he screwed others out of? That's very, very wrong if they are.

I haven't followed this story very closely, is his family really going to be able to keep the money he screwed others out of? That's very, very wrong if they are.

No. They are after those assets as we speak. And Bernie will not be the last to go to jail. There were no deals cut. Madoff had no leverage as his guilt was so obvious once everyone, including the SEC, came out of their usual comas.

No. They are after those assets as we speak. And Bernie will not be the last to go to jail. There were no deals cut. Madoff had no leverage as his guilt was so obvious once everyone, including the SEC, came out of their usual comas.

He will not tell them squat if they dont help his family... and you know he has a large portion of that money well hidden...

Archived