RB dept. : " New contract unlikely to be granted to Jets RB Jones " ~ ~ ~

kelly

New contract unlikely to be granted to Jets RB Jones

By Matt Sohn - March 21, 2009

Fresh off the first Pro Bowl season of his career, Thomas Jones is looking to cash in. The 30-year-old has missed the start of the Jets

There is a few good RBs and I would be fine with taking one of them... I would much rather they just move some of his 2010 money to this season though... if he wont do that though.. **** him... 20 million is plenty of money... he already got a ton of it up front too...

When Tannenbaum has amended deals for players who request one, they’ve tended to be more cosmetic than practical

And we can't do that for TJ? Don't give him a new long-term deal but see if you can agree to a restructure that is just enough to keep him happy for another year.

There is a few good RBs and I would be fine with taking one of them... I would much rather they just move some of his 2010 money to this season though... if he wont do that though.. **** him... 20 million is plenty of money... he already got a ton of it up front too...

I'm not sure what they will do to placate TJ but the problem is this is Rex's first contract issue and IF he caves, he sets a bad precedent. So, he basically can't.

I think they fully intend to cut him/restructure after this season. He was never going to see that 2010 money and that is why he wants to restructure now. Also moving his money to this season will have cap implications.

Archived