SOME WONDERLIC SCORES

Bachelors3

if i wanted them to run the Jets I'd care, i only want them to play for the Jets so i really don't care.

on a side note, society is F'd if this is the trend of peoples intelligence

Yeah, we learned from Mangini that having these high scores don't really translate to wins on the field. There's a huge difference between paper smarts and practical smarts, in sports and outside of it. The highest IQs aren't necessarily the best in their fields.

50 questions is a lot to answer in 12 minutes honestly. I remember looking at some of those questions, they were really annoying and would require you to stop and think, probably use a pen and paper too. You're getting roughly 14 seconds a question there though, if it takes you 8 seconds just to read the question, you're getting another 3 to answer it, and 3 to bubble it in. That's pretty tough. People that comment on these tests generally don't adhere to these time constraints, so of course they underestimate the exam.

The best strategy is probably to try and answer 30 questions in 10 minutes, and then just skim and guess on the remaining. That's not something you'd come up with on the spot though, and is a bit counter-intuitive.

There are two positions where I especially care about the wonderlic. QB, and ILB (Traditionally the "QB of the Defense"). Simply because of all the reading of the opposing team that those positions require, you want someone smart there.

Wide Reciever though? Who cares if your smart, just if you can get open and catch the ball.

ty, I always thought it was football related. thought it'd be fun to try. that just make me feel like I was back in highschool! LoL I only got 9 right. and now my head hurts.

the only one that took alot of thought for me was the profit one. i got it right, but it required more thought than a short timed test should i thought. maybe there's a shorter way to figure it out tha the way i did it. idk...i've been out of school for 18 years. oh and i skipped the printing type one cause i didnt feel like thinking about it, lol.

The test is not that hard and if I had millions of dollars on the line you can be sure I would try to score well. I just took it and got nine of ten right. And look at the size of the Jets playbook and tell me smarts aren't that important. You don't need someone who takes a second to think about running a pass pattern. That person is not in the proper position as the ball whizzes by and it also makes the QB look bad. Same for the other positions but sometimes you need to have guys who know how to play the game as the coaches want it played.

the only one that took alot of thought for me was the profit one. i got it right, but it required more thought than a short timed test should i thought. maybe there's a shorter way to figure it out tha the way i did it. idk...i've been out of school for 18 years. oh and i skipped the printing type one cause i didnt feel like thinking about it, lol.

LoL I skipped that one as well and the profit one. I just tried to hurry and answer the rest of them. I got the 20mph at 1/5 wrong too, for some dumb reason I thought it was 1/2 and then sat here trying to figure out how I got it wrong! DOH! LoL

The disturbing thing is that the top WR's, except for Maclin, did terrible especially Nicks. The top three QB's did very well especially Stafford. Here's the link.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-22-pompei-scout-mar22,0,7151782.story

I don't know how much credibility you guys give to this test but doing bad in it can't be good.

I would think the QB position would be most important to score well on the Wonderlic. I want someone who can make quick ,intelligent decisions quaterbacking my team. ::GoJets:

The test is not that hard and if I had millions of dollars on the line you can be sure I would try to score well.

Damn right. Poor scores on this test equate to poor performances at the combine, or in their pro days, etc. These guys have plenty of time to prepare, their agents can throw 'em multiple practice tests. If the questions aren't the same, a lot of the ideas are. These are not tough exams. There's no excuse for a college kid to not be able to score a 20 or 25, IMHO - especially (like you said) if he's got millions on the line.

Damn right. Poor scores on this test equate to poor performances at the combine, or in their pro days, etc. These guys have plenty of time to prepare, their agents can throw 'em multiple practice tests. If the questions aren't the same, a lot of the ideas are. These are not tough exams. There's no excuse for a college kid to not be able to score a 20 or 25, IMHO - especially (like you said) if he's got millions on the line.

Right! I was wondering why Hakeem Nicks was falling to the end of the first round or early second. Then I saw he scored an 11. He is blowing millions. Who wants a guy, regardless of position, who can;'t understand the playbook or the scheme. I mean fast is fast but being in the right place is equally as important. It's like you could be the best driver in the world but if it takes you a minute to read "Do not enter," you could get hurt.

It's pretty simple. If you're not bright enough to put up a decent wonderlic score than you sure as hell aren't bright enough to even begin to comprehend and NFL playbook.

Sadly your wrong because every year people with poor wonderlic scores make it in the NFL just fine...

As I'm not drafting these players for financial or legal advise, but for athletic performance, I don't really care as long as it's not my QB.

That having been said, these questions are not hard, albeit some may be time consuming, and to only get between 10-15 is fairly discouraging. Just by working through the quicker ones and skipping over the time-consuming ones, they should have been able to add a handful extra ones.

Archived