It's official. Big East >>>>>>>>>>> ACC

PS17

Take a good look at the BE 08-09 thread and see all the ACC V. BE trash talk. ;)

ACC fans dreaming changes nothing... the Big East was obviously better... always obvious to everyone else... lol

3 #1 seeds says enough...

this year youa re 100% right

Exactly.

Big East is clearly the best.....this year.

Historically speaking...ACC.

Finals Fours: UNC 17; Duke 14; Georgetown 5; Cuse 4; UCONN 2

Championships: UNC 4; Duke 3; UCONN and NC State 2

Exactly.

Villanova has three final fours... (of course, 1971 was revoked by the NCAA because Porter signed a pro contract before the tourney was over, but we still got there).

Wouldnt it be awesome if 4 Big East teams made the Final 4 this year though?

You'd need Syracuse to beat Oklahoma and UNC for that to happen. They're the Big East's only hope in the South.

The East has the best shot of a Big East Final Four team, with Pitt and 'Nova on opposite sides of the sweet-16.

Wouldnt it be awesome if 4 Big East teams made the Final 4 this year though?

1st time ever I believe, or did it happen once back in the 80's? I remember it was at least 3 BE teams in one year. The year SJU, GTown, and Nova all made it. The 4th team may have been BE as well, but Im blanking.

No question this year that right,,in the past , the BE has done poor in NCAAs and ACC has performed better .Final Fours have been a ACC stranglehold in past, and a desert for BE..

BUT, conference wise, not this year, BE has had some nailbiters vs lower seeds, BUT, they survived, thats all that counts.. But if UNC and Duke make it to Final Four, the ACC could again have more Final 4 teams than BE..but conference wise this year has been diffrent than in past, and BE has done well as opposed to past NCAA outings

good luck to all the BE teams left , and of course UNC ;)

1st time ever I believe, or did it happen once back in the 80's? I remember it was at least 3 BE teams in one year. The year SJU, GTown, and Nova all made it. The 4th team may have been BE as well, but Im blanking.

Memphis State was the fourth team in the Final Four in 1985. Villanova beat them.

1985 was the only time 3 teams from 1 conference made the Final Four

No question this year that right,,in the past , the BE has done poor in NCAAs and ACC has performed better .Final Fours have been a ACC stranglehold in past, and a desert for BE..

BUT, conference wise, not this year, BE has had some nailbiters vs lower seeds, BUT, they survived, thats all that counts.. But if UNC and Duke make it to Final Four, the ACC could again have more Final 4 teams than BE..but conference wise this year has been diffrent than in past, and BE has done well as opposed to past NCAA outings

good luck to all the BE teams left , and of course UNC ;)

Were going to have some serious trash talk if there is a SU-UNC Elite 8 matchup.

Memphis State was the fourth team in the Final Four in 1985. Villanova beat them.

1985 was the only time 3 teams from 1 conference made the Final Four

Memphis played that game with ineligible players. They are not credited with a Final Four appearance in 1985. Therefore, it was an all-Big East Final Four (final three?).

Memphis played that game with ineligible players. They are not credited with a Final Four appearance in 1985. Therefore, it was an all-Big East Final Four (final three?).

I'm a big Carolina fan and remember Villanova beating them in the Final Eight that year. I was really young so the only thing I remember about the game was Villanova's defense smothered UNC. I think they only scored 43 or so points.

For this year I concede although if UNC and duke make it and only 1 BE teams makes it then we may have to re-open this discussion but the BE has clearly been the better conf in this Tourney overall. it's about time they backed up all the hype somewhat, now let's see if they can have success this coming weekend.

Let's get this straight, when 'Nova's app was taken back you still count it but memphis State's doesn't count?

For this year I concede although if UNC and duke make it and only 1 BE teams makes it then we may have to re-open this discussion but the BE has clearly been the better conf in this Tourney overall. it's about time they backed up all the hype somewhat, now let's see if they can have success this coming weekend.

nope not this year

ACC has sh1t the bed and i'm an acc guy

2 teams does not a conf make

nope not this year

ACC has sh1t the bed and i'm an acc guy

2 teams does not a conf make

Hypothetically if all the BE teams lsoe Thurs/fri and the ACC teams win then the ACC will have 2 EE teams and the BE none. That's the only way we can make a case but it's still possible. Overall it's not close as their teams have performed better than our time but if they only get 1 or no teams in the FF this season will be another bust for the BE. The BE desperately needs at least 2 teams in the FF.

Hypothetically if all the BE teams lsoe Thurs/fri and the ACC teams win then the ACC will have 2 EE teams and the BE none. That's the only way we can make a case but it's still possible. Overall it's not close as their teams have performed better than our time but if they only get 1 or no teams in the FF this season will be another bust for the BE. The BE desperately needs at least 2 teams in the FF.

nope ask SJ

2 teams do not make a conf

BE is winner...it is ovah

Exactly.

Maryland has one more recently than Duke too, 2002.

Archived