The "Do Not Want" Thread...

ECURB

Knowshon Moreno is not that explosive. He's slow for a RB and IMO will not have breakaway speed at the next level.

He may not be track fast, but the kid is definitely explosive. I do not like Georgia, but as an LSU fan an SEC fan, moreno can flat out play. He may not be 230+, but he is the hardest running back out of anyone in this draft and is all heart. Plus, he can catch out of the back field better than most backs.

But as far as the thread goes, it's your right to not want him.

He may not be track fast, but the kid is definitely explosive. I do not like Georgia, but as an LSU fan an SEC fan, moreno can flat out play. He may not be 230+, but he is the hardest running back out of anyone in this draft and is all heart. Plus, he can catch out of the back field better than most backs.

Oh, he is definitely explosive and he is definitely game speed fast!

If I'm not mistaken the only other running back to run for as many yards in his first 2 season in the SEC was Hershel Walker. You dont reach that type of status in the SEC unless you have speed and game changing ability.

My do not wants...

Sanchez

Maclin

Oh, he is definitely explosive and he is definitely game speed fast!

If I'm not mistaken the only other running back to run for as many yards in his first 2 season in the SEC was Hershel Walker. You dont reach that type of status in the SEC unless you have speed and game changing ability.

My do not wants...

Sanchez

Maclin

That's two guys (Harvin & Moreno) who you claim have more "game speed" than track speed based upon their amazing ability to outrun the SEC. Maybe the SEC isn't quite as fast and athletic as you think.

That's two guys (Harvin & Moreno) who you claim have more "game speed" than track speed based upon their amazing ability to outrun the SEC. Maybe the SEC isn't quite as fast and athletic as you think.

Maybe, but I watch a lot of SEC football and when you face them up against any other conferences, it typically shows.

I just hate the 40...I understand it, but I hate it. When in a game do you have these guys running a straight line with nobody around them, not even mentioning the obvious, without pads, on grass, outdoors, cold weather, etc.

If you have watched either of those 2 play, speed is not an issue. And we both know there are plenty of guys that didnt clock out of this world that can straight up blow people away in game situations.

Agility mixed with speed, its a deadly combination. These guys can cut on a dime and break away with out a moments notice.

Maybe, but I watch a lot of SEC football and when you face them up against any other conferences, it typically shows.

I just hate the 40...I understand it, but I hate it. When in a game do you have these guys running a straight line with nobody around them, not even mentioning the obvious, without pads, on grass, outdoors, cold weather, etc.

If you have watched either of those 2 play, speed is not an issue. And we both know there are plenty of guys that didnt clock out of this world that can straight up blow people away in game situations.

Agility mixed with speed, its a deadly combination. These guys can cut on a dime and break away with out a moments notice.

I understand the point everybody makes about the 40. It makes sense, but as a comparative tool, the 40, the shuttle runs and the jumps offer a pretty good indication of a players speed and explosion. For every guy with more "football speed" there have been dozens that proved they don't belong (Warrick, Quentin Moses). Speed is always an issue, especially for a guy like Harvin who has value primarily because of his speed. (He has that, his times are fine)

He was an explosive college player no doubt about it. He's pretty elusive but I really don't think he'll be able to run away from DB's in the NFL.

WR, unless Crabtree drops. Talented WRs slipped last year and I'd expect the same this year.

If they go offense then I'd like to see them take a RB (I don't understand why there isn't more love for Wells). I think Jones' best days are behind him. I'd prefer for the Jets to be well stocked at RB than caught short if Jones goes down. Also, I'd be happy if the Jets took a talented OL that slipped, someone like Oher. That would be cool.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

GDAMN I'm good...except for the kinda on Clay Matthews.

I was actually looking to see what my thoughts were on Freeman, and couldnt find any posts on him. I was pretty much in the, dont draft a QB this draft boat because I knew Stafford wouldnt be around.

I just find it really funny that some of the DONT WANT SANCHEZ dudes are his biggest defenders now. Which is actually pretty cool.

2 years in a row the Jets drafted with there first selection the 1 guy I absolutely wanted nothing to do with...actually 3. I really didnt want Wilson either, but when the Pats took McCourty...I kind of expected Wilson to be our pick.

Obviously I was off on Maclin. Dudes pretty good.

I was actually looking to see what my thoughts were on Freeman, and couldnt find any posts on him. I was pretty much in the, dont draft a QB this draft boat because I knew Stafford wouldnt be around.

I just find it really funny that some of the DONT WANT SANCHEZ dudes are his biggest defenders now. Which is actually pretty cool.

2 years in a row the Jets drafted with there first selection the 1 guy I absolutely wanted nothing to do with...actually 3. I really didnt want Wilson either, but when the Pats took McCourty...I kind of expected Wilson to be our pick.

Obviously I was off on Maclin. Dudes pretty good.

Either way, if I was less of a lazy a$$hole I'd dominate the draft blogger world. A stah I tell ya...

I wasn't a Wilson fan either. Too small...I was a big fan of Dominique Franks, but McCourty was also my #2 CB with Robinson at #3. Still, Wilson isn't and wasn't a terrible pick and was considered a steal, so I can't really bring myself to knock it. He'll settle in and become a strong nickel back who might even be able to play outside against certain teams and such.

Jeremy Maclin is fast. I thought he was too thin, but changed my mind towards the end and JUST IN THE NICK OF TIME. Ended up being #2 or 3 (him or Nicks can't remember). Turns out he's a student of the game type who also has a large route tree that he runs really well. Could be the next Ocho Cinco, but with the exact opposite personality (possibly and so far).

Edited by SenorGato

• 4 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.