Fatkeem Nicks?

slats

Hakeem Nicks Packs On The Pounds

Posted by Mike Florio on March 24, 2009, 1:19 p.m.

Last week, Penn State’s Aaron Maybin raised eyebrows at his Pro Day with a performance fueled by a stunning, “you-wouldn’t-like-me-when-I’m-angry” increase in his physique.

North Carolina’s Hakeem Nicks also showed off a new body last week – but not in a good way.

Since tweaking his hamstring at the Scouting Combine, Nicks had been unable to work out. And, as a result, he gained roughly 15 pounds in three weeks. (NFL.com has the number as 14; we’ve heard that he gained 16 pounds.)

As one scout who attended the session opined: “He looked like a fat tight end not a lean receiver. . . . He’s got to have a weight problem. This is the most important few months of his life and he gains a ton of weight. I don’t get it. Many scouts and coaches went away very disappointed.”

That said, we’re told that Nicks already has shed much of the weight, and that he’ll be working out privately for the Bears and the Dolphins.

This can't be good for him. Maybe he drops to the second round?

How the **** do you gain 15 pounds in three weeks?

He could have been light on water weight at the combine... which can account for 3-8lbs alone... so lets say 5lbs was just water weight he "put back on" then he really only gained 10lbs... thats .5lbs per day... when your just sitting on your ass... not hard...

He could have been light on water weight at the combine... which can account for 3-8lbs alone... so lets say 5lbs was just water weight he "put back on" then he really only gained 10lbs... thats .5lbs per day... when your just sitting on your ass... not hard...

I've been sitting on my ass for four months. The only exercise I do is walking to the fridge to get another beer, and I still haven't gained 15 ****ing pounds.

If he put on 5 lbs he should have cut down on the food intake. The combine is coming up; his most important money day for the next 4+ years and all he had to do was maintain his weight without exercise for a couple of weeks. He's clearly just stupid.

???

He gained the weight AFTER the combine, and its almost all off now anyways..

???

He gained the weight AFTER the combine, and its almost all off now anyways..

Clearly I misspoke & meant the draft is coming up in a month, not the combine.

It speaks to his motivation if the guy can't stop himself from gaining 15 lbs in the past 3 weeks with the draft looming. And that's with money - BIG money - pending. How's he going to be after he's paid already?

It's a concern. To suggest it isn't is simply rationalizing...like I've been doing with Cutler. But then, Cutler actually has some accomplishments at the NFL level. This guy's never seen a playbook before or been through an NFL training camp before.

Clearly I misspoke & meant the draft is coming up in a month, not the combine.

sperm if you ever lived in NC

You add the Lbs real quickly on NC BBQ and fried chicken

Trust me been there done that

I know a guy in NC that had a heart attack cause he had to have a 3rd piece

of Bojangles chicken:D

I wouldn't have taken him there anyways. There are like 5 or 6 wr's better then him. In my opinion that is.

I suspect others feel the same way, and that this hurts his stock. Fifteen pounds in three weeks is a lot. Whether it hurts him enough to help the Jets, I don't know. Be great if it did.

sperm if you ever lived in NC

You add the Lbs real quickly on NC BBQ and fried chicken

Trust me been there done that

I know a guy in NC that had a heart attack cause he had to have a 3rd piece

of Bojangles chicken:D

P. Davis????

Even if he's almost lost all the weight, gaining and losing weight that rapidly is not good for the body. Anyway, 15 pounds in three weeks means something is messed up ... I couldn't gain that much, that fast, if I tried.

Archived