dolphins name henne QB in 2010?

Jetkid94

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this is bad news if he did say it..

It means Parcells/Sparano want to win a SB someday..

This makes perfect sense.

Parcells isn't an idiot. He knows about Pennington in odd numbered years. He knows Penny will **** the bed this year and it will give him the opening to hand the reins to the kid.

this is bad news if he did say it..

It means Parcells/Sparano want to win a SB someday..

This makes perfect sense.

Parcells isn't an idiot. He knows about Pennington in odd numbered years. He knows Penny will **** the bed this year and it will give him the opening to hand the reins to the kid.

But how about a lame duck QB in Chad. I think there is some truth to this is why they did not offer Coles a contract.

I hope "Morins" is a play on Dolphins.

Otherwise, lol.

The irony in that post was pure, rich, gold.

HAHA!

As for the idea, I'm not in love with it. Pennington was one of the top quarterbacks in all of football last year and if he can do it again, we should extend him and make him our guy for years to come. I think it's just safe to let Penny have the job this year and if something goes wrong, he becomes an open competition.

THe ball really jumps off Henne's hand and he is certain to make Ted Ginn a more complete receiver and give our offense more of a dimension of explosion, but you lose the leadership and smarts by removing Penny.

I'll wait for an official announcement before I believe anything of the sort. To decide who is going to start over a year from now is not even a rational thing to do IMO.

Depends. On one hand, it gives Pennington the incentive to play his ass off for either an extension or a payday somewhere else, keeps Henne happy, and gives off the impression that they have both a short and long term plan for the position. It shows confidence in Henne for the future without risking locker room squabbles in the present.

On the other hand, the historic manlove that his teammates have historically had for him could definitely surface if they kick him to the curb in the event that he repeats '08. However, in the event that happens, perhaps most importantly, it provides them with the ability to say "we told you guys we were going to do this," rather than doing something rash at the last second, making them look like dicks.

Depends. On one hand, it gives Pennington the incentive to play his ass off for either an extension or a payday somewhere else, keeps Henne happy, and gives off the impression that they have both a short and long term plan for the position. It shows confidence in Henne for the future without risking locker room squabbles in the present.

On the other hand, the historic manlove that his teammates have historically had for him could definitely surface if they kick him to the curb in the event that he repeats '08. However, perhaps most importantly, it provides them with the ability to say "we told you guys we were going to do this," rather than doing something rash at the last second, making them look like dicks.

Good post. I'm not really sure what to make of it; but then again, try to better understand the context in what Sparano said. He said, "We WANT Henne to win the job."

He didn't say that it is his job, they just want him to win it. That's just putting in your due diligence by making sure the position is secure for years to come.

HAHA!

As for the idea, I'm not in love with it. Pennington was one of the top quarterbacks in all of football last year and if he can do it again, we should extend him and make him our guy for years to come. I think it's just safe to let Penny have the job this year and if something goes wrong, he becomes an open competition.

THe ball really jumps off Henne's hand and he is certain to make Ted Ginn a more complete receiver and give our offense more of a dimension of explosion, but you lose the leadership and smarts by removing Penny.

:rl:

i'm sorry, but you just said pennington was a top quarterback. How did that Ravens game go? lol

Link?

http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/jets/archives/2009/03/chad_on_borrowe.html

Chad on borrowed time with Dolphins

The Miami Herald reports that, for the Dolphins, "a healthy Chad Pennington will be the unquestioned starter at the beginning of the 2009 season, but it is equally set in stone that the team wants Chad Henne to be the starting quarterback by 2010."

Pennington signed with the Dolphins after he was released by the JetsNew York Jets to make room for Brett Favre prior to the start of last season.

The paper says, "The Dolphins are not negotiating a contract extension for Pennington, 32, although he is in the final year of his contract. Such a negotiation would be difficult because the sides would approach those talks with different agendas.

"Pennington would want to be paid as a starter, but the Dolphins would want it understood that Pennington is not going to be their starter after 2009 and would want his pay to reflect that."

The Miami Herald reports that, for the Dolphins, "a healthy Chad Pennington will be the unquestioned starter at the beginning of the 2009 season, but it is equally set in stone that the team wants Chad Henne to be the starting quarterback by 2010."

Pennington signed with the Dolphins after he was released by the JetsNew York Jets to make room for Brett Favre prior to the start of last season.

The paper says, "The Dolphins are not negotiating a contract extension for Pennington, 32, although he is in the final year of his contract. Such a negotiation would be difficult because the sides would approach those talks with different agendas.

"Pennington would want to be paid as a starter, but the Dolphins would want it understood that Pennington is not going to be their starter after 2009 and would want his pay to reflect that."

:rl:

I know how you feel about Penny, but what are your thoughts towards Henne? Did you get much of a chance to scout him at Michigan?

I wasn't a huge fan of Henne coming out due to some accuracy issues, but he clearly has loads of potential. I think he was drafted in a good spot both team and round wise, and should be able to be successful as long as Henning can keep out game planning other teams. Definitely a better prospect then any QB on our staff ;)

Ultimately though his ceiling is much higher then Pennington, I know you like the guy, but he the Ravens game should've been an eye open about how helpless he is sometimes. You know he never lead a single TD drive against Pittsburgh's defense in 3 tries? That's the kind of ineptitude that was routine when Pennington was over matched..

Good post. I'm not really sure what to make of it; but then again, try to better understand the context in what Sparano said. He said, "We WANT Henne to win the job."

He didn't say that it is his job, they just want him to win it. That's just putting in your due diligence by making sure the position is secure for years to come.

Spin City at it's finest. :roll:

Chad had to go, but I still like the guy and want to root for him. I'm glad he'll be leaving the fish. As long as he's out of our division, I'll be happy to root for him again.

In the meantime, I like the idea of an ugly distraction in Miami.

HAHA!

LOL!!!

For years to come?

You must be content with a playoff birth and a first round loss every other year.

HAHA!

No, you lose the leadership and smarts of an opposing defense when you bench him lol. they become non predictable.

Archived