Mafia Game 3 sign up

CTM

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not true... when he said he was the cop he was 100% telling the truth.

It just so happened that night we put an end to that. :biggrin:

Lol, seriously it was pretty fun getting turned. Will be interesting to develops in this next game as people like me now have 2 games under our belts playing with and against one another.

Can anyone explain to me the theory behind 'lets lynch the inactives'?

Cause in lieu of a better choice, lynching inactives help speed the game up and eliminates the ability to "hide". The more people that participate the more interesting the game is.

If I don't have a good feeling on who is scum, I'd always prefer to get rid of the player not contributing versus the one that is..

Cause in lieu of a better choice, lynching inactives help speed the game up and eliminates the ability to "hide". The more people that participate the more interesting the game is.

If I don't have a good feeling on who is scum, I'd always prefer to get rid of the player not contributing versus the one that is..

But, when it was made public that we were going around lynching inactives, its easy for mafia to jump on that train. Then, when a player shows up, he has no defense besides, 'I'm here now'.

It's not a strategy, it's a cop out.

I'd also like to hear the logic behind "lynch the most guilty and investigate the most innocent" Why wouldn't you investigate the guilty?

BEcause sometimes mafia seem the most innocent. Remember that they know everyone's alignment from the get go. It's very easy for them to suggest that player "a" is innocent, and when they turn up dead they get "trust" points for defending an innocent. Likewise, they can bus their own teammate with the same goal in mind.

Investigating these guys while lynching the scummiest prevents a "trusted" mafia member from wreaking havoc on the town..

But, when it was made public that we were going around lynching inactives, its easy for mafia to jump on that train. Then, when a player shows up, he has no defense besides, 'I'm here now'.

Unless mafia is an inactive. In game 1, two of the inactives were mafia (lil Mike and JT's)

Further, most times it's bandwagon an inactive to get them to participate then back off..

Finally, you know I like multiple trains, if the mafia wants to be that obvious by jumping on ervery inactive train, they'll be easy to catch..

It's a perfectly fine strategy imo cause I think inactives spoil the game a bit..

Can anyone explain to me the theory behind 'lets lynch the inactives'?

Can't draw conclusions or make deductions about people who don't post, and mafia will usually have at least one low-laying member. At worst, it gets people to talk, at which point you can start analyzing their posts.

BEcause sometimes mafia seem the most innocent. Remember that they know everyone's alignment from the get go. It's very easy for them to suggest that player "a" is innocent, and when they turn up dead they get "trust" points for defending an innocent. Likewise, they can bus their own teammate with the same goal in mind.

Investigating these guys while lynching the scummiest prevents a "trusted" mafia member from wreaking havoc on the town..

Exactly.

Of course, its a strategy that works best in proper doses - the closer you get to endgame, the more important it is to find a mafioso and the less you can afford to have an innocent result, so at a certain point, investigating the scummiest makes sense. But in general, lynching an innocent who is acting scummy is less detrimental to the town than trusting scum who's acting innocent

Except, two things:

1) you've gotten the player to be more active (hence, you can analyze later); and

2) you have data on voting patterns for later if the player is lynched or night killed

Can't draw conclusions or make deductions about people who don't post, and mafia will usually have at least one low-laying member. At worst, it gets people to talk, at which point you can start analyzing their posts.

You can if they typically post, but now don't.

Last game everyone got close to lynching Thor because he was inactive. Well, he was inactive the game before as well. Then, as soon as RD took over for him, there was no more suspicion.

Except, two things:

1) you've gotten the player to be more active (hence, you can analyze later); and

2) you have data on voting patterns for later if the player is lynched or night killed

Ey doesn't analyze, he goes by his gut.

So I guess it depends on what he's eaten that day ;)

I don't agree with lynching inactives, but I do agree with putting pressure on them, basically forcing them to contribute some.

That's the ultimate goal, which is why people backed off Thor when RD replaced in and started contributing..

Ey doesn't analyze, he goes by his gut.

So I guess it depends on what he's eaten that day ;)

I certainly do analyze. I just don't live within the comfy rules you've created, which you then deciminate to the town, and use against them as mafia.

I certainly do analyze. I just don't live within the comfy rules you've created, which you then deciminate to the town, and use against them as mafia.

If they didn't think the game was vanilla they'd have no reason to follow the rules. ;)

Certainly there was no rules for the TV Land game as it was obviously a unique setup..

Hey, you know what I think would be cool? A mafia game based on LOST. Unless you don't like the show, then I guess the idea dosen't sound so good. Well then fine! Forget it!

Too much cat puckered starfish made you go schizo?

Hey, you know what I think would be cool? A mafia game based on LOST. Unless you don't like the show, then I guess the idea dosen't sound so good. Well then fine! Forget it!

Don't know that show at all unfortunately.. Mafia game 1 is what got me to go out and rent Hereos on netflix, lol

Oh yeah, that'd be really cool

Archived