CB Donald Strickland to sign with Jets

BroadwayJ667

You can not have enough depth in the senondary with teams lining up 4 and 5 receivers at you. Drew Coleman is terrible and Lowery is a question mark so there are concerns with the depth quality.

yeah but why 3 years though??? good price i guess per anuum? I guess we'll see when the numbers come out.

I get the signing, I don't get the years.

Any chance they are putting a Cuttler package together and this signing is to replace what ever CB were are tradeing away?

You can not have enough depth in the senondary with teams lining up 4 and 5 receivers at you. Drew Coleman is terrible and Lowery is a question mark so there are concerns with the depth quality.

I think the Cheaters proved your point the year they were forced to use WR Troy Brown as a CB. You never have enough.

This guy is potential pro bowler.

Great signing.

JiF, we are both jet fans, we are allies. lol BUT, man do we disagree on everything!!!! lol

I was gonna say sarcastically " wonderful upgrade from Poteat."

Pro Bowler??? The guy hasn't picked off a pass since 2002, he has 2 total, and he plays CB. What in this stat sheet says probowler to you?:

http://www.nfl.com/players/donaldstrickland/profile?id=STR373040

and if you were only joking I apologize and agree, I see an injury riddled Poteat or Barrett, I can't decide because there's no stat for "Times burnt"

You are right. He was exposed as a 4th round rookie that was thrusted into a starting position and was forced to shut down WR's with the help of guys like Eric Smith and Abram Elam. 90% of the time for some odd reason, Kerry was playing deep on Revis side, so he got picked on. He had moments of both good and very bad.

It didnt help that the longer the season went on, as our pass rush worsened, so did everything else. Lowery was picked on because teams were scared or had no reason, to throw toward Revis and Rhodes.

I dont understand that hate for Lowery. Did anyone really expect him to come in and be a shut down corner? Its a ****ing hard position to learn at the next level. I think we are spoiled with the progression of Revis and set very high expectations on a guy like Lowery, a rookie 4th round pick, not 14th overall. Give the kid more than a year before you right him off.

Also, in a division with Moss/Welker and T.O./Evans, slot receivers are going to see a lot of balls which makes a nickel back very important. Hopefully, we generate a Ravens like pass rush and all these worries wont be issues.

I don't believe it, as soon as i write the above post, you go and say something I completely agree with. Ain't life funny? LOL

Lowery,Lito, and the man QB's can't look at straight on like an eclipse, REVIS. There's our three. these other guys are fillers, should've kept Poteat, but I admit there are factors that I am not aware of. So Strickland is our new Poteat, you may see a new Barrett pop up somewhere.

Signing Rolle is the only thing that will change that.

WE are extremely deep and talented on defense. No worries, I'm so excited I could nut!

But how the hell will we score points?????? Pick sixes and kick returns I guess.

JiF, we are both jet fans, we are allies. lol BUT, man do we disagree on everything!!!! lol

I was gonna say sarcastically " wonderful upgrade from Poteat."

Pro Bowler??? The guy hasn't picked off a pass since 2002, he has 2 total, and he plays CB. What in this stat sheet says probowler to you?:

http://www.nfl.com/players/donaldstrickland/profile?id=STR373040

and if you were only joking I apologize and agree, I see an injury riddled Poteat or Barrett, I can't decide because there's no stat for "Times burnt"

I was kidding.

I don't believe it, as soon as i write the above post, you go and say something I completely agree with. Ain't life funny? LOL

Lowery,Lito, and the man QB's can't look at straight on like an eclipse, REVIS. There's our three. these other guys are fillers, should've kept Poteat, but I admit there are factors that I am not aware of. So Strickland is our new Poteat, you may see a new Barrett pop up somewhere.

Signing Rolle is the only thing that will change that.

WE are extremely deep and talented on defense. No worries, I'm so excited I could nut!

But how the hell will we score points?????? Pick sixes and kick returns I guess.

I dont know, hopefully we have a potent run game that will open up passing lanes. And hopefully our defense will help us to get consistently favorable field position that wont make it so hard on our offense to score.

Archived