Darrelle Revis is the best CB in the league

Ghost

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he is a second year pro and teams already dont throw towards him. you only get that respect if your the elite player at that position

This isn't true. I don't know why people keep saying it. Revis is good, Revis is great, but nobody's dodging him. Dude had 72 chances last year playing across from the collection of losers and retards we had manning the right side.

This isn't true. I don't know why people keep saying it. Revis is good, Revis is great, but nobody's dodging him. Dude had 72 chances last year playing across from the collection of losers and retards we had manning the right side.

Yes and no. When the QB has so long to throw the ball, anyone can get open. Particularly with today's rules.

If there was a decent pass rush over the course of the whole season that number would be a lot lower.

The other thing to consider is that it was only his 2nd season. Most CB's - even pro bowl CB's - were still either a liability or still used primarily in nickel situations for half or all of their second seasons. There are very few who were immediate starters & this good this early. McAllister & Bailey come to mind.

But then look at the pass rush and the rest of the secondary on the teams they played on at that time compared to Revis. Bailey was playing opposite Deion in his 2nd year (in addition to Marco Coleman & Bruce Smith providing a legit pass rush). McAllister had the rest of the 2000 Ravens defense around him that doesn't require going down the list. Further, Revis is rarely afforded help from the safety like others, as the safeties are needed away from him to cover up for complete incompetence elsewhere in the secondary. It is a contributing factor, and not in any small way.

Revis is way, WAY ahead of the curve. He's better than good.

I don't think I've ever seen a CB this dominant in his 2nd season. He's amazing.

Is he better than Nnamdi? Probably not, he's coming of probably the greatest season of all time for a CB. Corey Webster is pretty good too but Revis is right up there and most importantly younger than both. The scary thing about Revis is that he's only going to get better. As others have said, there's not another CB in the league I'd take over Revis. No way.

This makes sense, the Jets blitz 3 and theirs 5 offensive lineman. DUHH!

The fact of the matter is when Revis was thrown to and it was very rare, he got 5 INT's (More than Nnamdi and Webster combined) and had one of the highest forced incompletion % in the league. If teams weren't intentionally dodging him, well they should have been. He's an elite CB.

I'm looking forward to Brady lighting his "Elite CB" axx up.

Not likely. Brady and Moss could not beat Revis in 07 when Revis was a rookie, had no pass rush and Brady/Moss had the kind of year they will never see again. The one legged, Barney Frank pinup boy is going to find it a little difficult finding time to pass against Ryan's defense.

We should trust Blackouts opinion. He doesn't have Pro-Jets bias like the rest of us.

i do when it comes to JERICHO COTCHERY, the best wide reciever to ever play the game without having the last name of a food.

but Revis is an amazing talent so far, just not the best CB in the game. the best CB in the game is the Raiders kid because nobody will even throw to his side of the field.

I agree that he's the best in the league, but I think David Harris will make even more of an impact at LB.

Thou art wise.

I think Harris was never 100% all last year. Healthy, with 2 years of experience, playing behind Jenkins and next to Scott, in Ryan's attacking defense, look out mama.

Archived