Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Add Dan X 1

I didn't even realize he was playing at first. As the currently least active he gets my...

FOS: Dan X

Haha, sorry about the inactivity - I'm just trying to get a feel for things right now, being a complete newbie.

I see where people are coming from, voting for more experienced players, who know what they're doing and could turn out to be big threats later on (like Bleedin, especially with his successful track record). But on the flip side, I wouldn't want to vote for an experienced player and end up costing the town a valuable member. For example, if Bleedin is innocent, don't we want him on our side? :D

I have to ask, why did you edit out my comma?

Only a rat would remove a comma.

Had to make sure that your message came off loud and clear. Didn't want anyone to be confused about what type of men you preferred. Of course as soon as I posted I realized it was unnecessary seeing as the original post came from EY and we all know he, in a Thoresque manner, has a voracious appetite for unstraight men.

Had to make sure that your message came off loud and clear. Didn't want anyone to be confused about what type of men you preferred. Of course as soon as I posted I realized it was unnecessary seeing as the original post came from EY and we all know he, in a Thoresque manner, has a voracious appetite for unstraight men.

He-man's gay? :confused:

He does like he-man.

He-man.jpg?t=1238429487

So you think we should vote off JVOR?

:biggrin:

Truthfully, JVoR did a damn good job for his first mafia game. He was analyzing and thinking. He was just wrong. About freaking everything. Comes with being a newb - I have a feeling he's going to be a very good player a few games down the line. (not this game, though, so yes, lets kill him :biggrin: )

Not sure how sold I am on you right now, slats.

Your explanation here sounds a little weak to be honest. 1st off, there was no mention of a serial killer. And the idea that 'making the game more interesting' is a reason to assume there is something that's not a standard piece of the game, doesn't sound to great to me.

Then, quoting CTM, well, that which you bolded, seems like the very people we're looking for... the 'Rats' or 'undercover cops'... There's still no mention in there of any rogue players. Seems like obvious backtracking.

As it's your first game, I'm not ready to pressure you on this, but if there proves to be multiple deaths tonight, you may have some answering to do for what you "thought"

I actually picked up on that as well. I was going to ask if he had played before because he was dissecting possibilities of roles and game set ups. My first game I was just lost and voting people that were playing strange. I dont think I tried to figure out the landscape of the game at all.

It's also possible that slats did a little mafia game structure research before the game started and, being his first game, wanted to show a little know-how. A bit suspicious.

Back to business.

I'm going to vote: slats for now, as I have nothing else to go on but his insight into the game.

Wow!

I can see how lying low can be a real advantage.

My total game experience is reading thru the two game threads here, and glancing at a couple other things online. In the Zombie game, I saw pretty clearly that there was a second killer based on the scalpings vs. straight hits. With the 18 people in this game, I figure there has to be some twist to the straight 25% scum. Some sort of rogue character would fit that bill. Other options mentioned by others, the "godfather" type role, or "symp," could also help balance out the game.

But maybe I'm thinking too hard and posting too much.

I'm definitely wary of the experienced players, but right now the inactives are Dan X and The Crusher. Those are the guys I'd be looking to draw out before I voted off a potential experienced asset.

The dude who mentioned a potential serial killer role gets my FOS.

He either knows something or he is a liability because without knowing something that is some batsh!t crazy idea to just come up with for no reason.

:biggrin:

Truthfully, JVoR did a damn good job for his first mafia game. He was analyzing and thinking. He was just wrong. About freaking everything. Comes with being a newb - I have a feeling he's going to be a very good player a few games down the line. (not this game, though, so yes, lets kill him :biggrin: )

Good point.

Unvote: Doggin

Vote: JVOR

Im highly suspicious of the most active mafia player that isnt posting barely at all in this game, maybe he got his first role and doesnt know how to act.

The dude who mentioned a potential serial killer role gets my FOS.

He either knows something or he is a liability because without knowing something that is some batsh!t crazy idea to just come up with for no reason.

In fairness, the serial killer is a fairly common role, but it's not in every game, and there's no indication that there was on in this game.

My vote is on him for now, but it's still very, very early.

Wow!

I can see how lying low can be a real advantage.

My total game experience is reading thru the two game threads here, and glancing at a couple other things online. In the Zombie game, I saw pretty clearly that there was a second killer based on the scalpings vs. straight hits. With the 18 people in this game, I figure there has to be some twist to the straight 25% scum. Some sort of rogue character would fit that bill. Other options mentioned by others, the "godfather" type role, or "symp," could also help balance out the game.

But maybe I'm thinking too hard and posting too much.

I'm definitely wary of the experienced players, but right now the inactives are Dan X and The Crusher. Those are the guys I'd be looking to draw out before I voted off a potential experienced asset.

Slats - to make life easy for the game mod, please only bold the names of players you are voting for

Good point.

Im highly suspicious of the most active mafia player that isnt posting barely at all in this game, maybe he got his first role and doesnt know how to act.

That's actually a damn good point. So far as a townie he's been pretty damn active from the get go.

These first few days are always kinda weird and I think it's pretty tough to get a bad guy with the first lynch. I'll be interested in seeing his defense.

In fairness, the serial killer is a fairly common role, but it's not in every game, and there's no indication that there was on in this game.

My vote is on him for now, but it's still very, very early.

How quickly you come to his defense. Are you protecting him? Are you two in cohoots? Are you pointing your FOS at him now just to mislead us so when you select somebody else later it looks all the more like you two aren't working in unison?

Don't F#ck with me EY!!! I got an itchy-trigger finger right now! :elmer:

Love you,

JMJ

no homo

How quickly you come to his defense. Are you protecting him? Are you two in cohoots? Are you pointing your FOS at him now just to mislead us so when you select somebody else later it looks all the more like you two aren't working in unison?

Love you,

JMJ

no homo

Liar.

Love you,

JMJ

no homo

Considering I pretty much started talking about him after Doggin's one question, and 'serial killers' tend to act alone, I'd say no. But, you know, however you want to read it.

Love you too.

That's actually a damn good point. So far as a townie he's been pretty damn active from the get go.

These first few days are always kinda weird and I think it's pretty tough to get a bad guy with the first lynch. I'll be interested in seeing his defense.

Interesting indeed.

Good point.

I actually thought the same exact thing. This certainly doesn't put him anywhere close to lynching, so I have no problem adding a tiny bit of pressure and maybe getting some answers.

It's worth noting that JVoR hasn't posted anywhere on the site since his last post in this thread, so lets not make too much of his inactivity. It's not like he's been showing up elsewhere but too quiet here

Does he still post over at JI? Just curious.

Could be as well that he's learned about laying low. Both he and I have gotten ourselves into trouble being overly active.

Could be as well that he's learned about laying low. Both he and I have gotten ourselves into trouble being overly active.

I was going to say the same thing. His strategy last game was a disaster, so I wouldn't be shocked if he decided to do less talking this time around. I think it would be equally suspicious if he were blindly acting the same way he did last time, knowing how that strategy failed. Either way, it would be good to hear what he's thinking.

It's worth noting that JVoR hasn't posted anywhere on the site since his last post in this thread, so lets not make too much of his inactivity. It's not like he's been showing up elsewhere but too quiet here

Agreed, would just like to hear from him. Its only two votes, if it were more I wouldn't have even voted for him. Its a little suspicious, but nothing serious, and no offense to JVOR, but going off my earlier comments, he was kind of taken for a ride by CTM and myself the entire last game. At the very least nothing wrong with keeping him on his toes. At least I'm not just voting someone because they won the last two games. :biggrin:

Its also tough to get things going early in day one unless/until someone slips up.

Agreed, would just like to hear from him. Its only two votes, if it were more I wouldn't have even voted for him. Its a little suspicious, but nothing serious, and no offense to JVOR, but going off my earlier comments, he was kind of taken for a ride by CTM and myself the entire last game. At the very least nothing wrong with keeping him on his toes. At least I'm not just voting someone because they won the last two games. :biggrin:

Its also tough to get things going early in day one unless/until someone slips up.

Yep, you guys played him like a puppet and jackass CTM kept laughing and saying I am not taking anyone for a ride when I would call him out for it.

The funny thing is, you and him were my 2 favorite scummy bastards after I found about CTM, I even suggested going after you two when I died. JVOR in the long run hurt the town last game. He kept asking for your opinion on everything before he would make moves. Eventhough I was wrong about him being scum, it almost would have behoved the town to vote him off because he was playing right into your guys hands.

No offense JVOR.

Archived