Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

Yes I did. I lost the win because I wanted to win embarrassingly.

This game was Me vs. Doggin and after I plugged Irish day one (that was with no help), I figured they sent Norway after me, and I didn't get doc protection. As I said in the game, I stand by my read on him, and think he played incredibly scummy.

I was also willing to take the risk, because I personally need a good out as mafia as to why I'm still alive. As an innocent, I get killed to quick, so if I make one 'mistake', I can defend it as 'I'm being kept alive as the primary suspect'. You guys know I'm not at all afraid to screw up and I play an aggressive game either way.

Killing the Dr. also got me investigated and roleblocked. And since we were using JVOR's ability defensively, we just waited for everyone to come to me. I thought AVM was scum, and didn't buy his reveal because it's exactly what I was going to 'make up' to keep myself alive one more day.

I also tried to NK Doggin, the same night as you, and had I done it, we'd have gone into the day with you and I being best buddies, and me pointing you towards other targets.

Ha! Great minds, Yellin - that's what I told Irish to reveal as before he got killed, figuring it was a role that wasn't in the game and therefore wouldn't be counterclaimed

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had no idea he was scum.

And me surviving your NK didn't make me scum.

And you were so obviously the scummiest player I'd have been crazy not to go after you.

Ah, well . . .

Great game, guys. A few points:

1) Dead players need to stay dead - seriously, Jets Babe, that was very not cool

2) All players need to stop using role PMs or mod communications as forms of proof/evidence. It kills the game

3) Slats and DanX were the most on-point newbs I've ever seen.

4) I managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory for our team by telling Jets Babe not to kill crusher the last night since he was the obvious lynch candidate. We went for Woody instead - leaving Crush free to reveal as the game's 3rd townie finder-type. Ugh.

5) All the 1 arrest/kill nights happened because teams went for bulletproof players or the same player - I think everyone with a NK targeted Bleedin night 1 :biggrin:

That said, then really the pressure that I was putting on Crusher, helped the town win. There was no suspicion directed at him at all, and that case was totally bogus. I was just trying to see who would follow me...I thought it would be a good way to find some scum bandwagoning. :D

I'm surprised doggin never figured that out. It was really what made the scum teams very powerful given that you and doggin were on them and likely to be investigated...

Doggin house had the most activity around it the firstt 2 nights, I think crushers head was spinning as he kept seeing people show up but doggin was still alive.. :D

I thought about it, but figured we had a better chance of identifying roled players by hunting and NK'ing than by watching our own house.

I thought about it, but figured we had a better chance of identifying roled players by hunting and NK'ing than by watching our own house.

Well, if you had pointed him at you on night 1 you would've had the towns

1) Roleblocker

2) Cop

3) Watcher/Tracker

all visiting your house :D

Would've been quite a bounty.

This was a really fun game to mod as I saw the night actions come in 1 by 1. on night 2, Crusher almost watched EY arrest you, but the last night action to come in was AVM's EY roleblock. Several times I thought the game was over until Jets Babe did the unexpected.

I have a question...

Once a mafia member is killed, are they allowed to continue to help the rest of their team via PM?

Yes, as long as they don't get game info from other dead players or the mod (or unless the mod specifically forbids it).

I was helping JB - forgot to tell her that posting "called it" would be a bad idea :roll:

The town is a threat to me only in the day.

The other cop team was a threat to me both at night and during the day.

First an foremost was to neutralize the greater threat.

that's the right approach (especially since it also doubles as a way of earning town trust). I wanted your team winnowed down to 1 - so we still had 2 arrests but we could beat you.

Well, if you had pointed him at you on night 1 you would've had the towns

1) Roleblocker

2) Cop

3) Watcher/Tracker

all visiting your house :D

Would've been quite a bounty.

This was a really fun game to mod as I saw the night actions come in 1 by 1. on night 2, Crusher almost watched EY arrest you, but the last night action to come in was AVM's EY roleblock. Several times I thought the game was over until Jets Babe did the unexpected.

Wait wait...so you're telling me that my most meaningful thing all game, blocking both Godfathers (even though one did nothing), was all for naught? All I did was keep Doggin' alive an extra half day, and hide EY from Crusher?

Sigh.... :P

5) All the 1 arrest/kill nights happened because teams went for bulletproof players or the same player - I think everyone with a NK targeted Bleedin night 1 :biggrin:

I actually decided to 'no kill' on night one. I didn't want the thought of two mafias that early.

I honestly thought you were thinking the same thing.

Wait wait...so you're telling me that my most meaningful thing all game, blocking both Godfathers (even though one did nothing), was all for naught? All I did was keep Doggin' alive an extra half day, and hide EY from Crusher?

Sigh.... :P

Details.. pfft..

Focus on what was right. You blocked scum every night. Usually your role hurts the town as much as if not more then the scum. You aimed right every night which is the important thing

And this is why, as CTM said, I didn't win.

Because I decided I was going to win in a shutout, and had you not stumbled upon JVOR at night, I would have.

Lol. I seriously never thought they would target JVOR again. they were the last one in that night and after seeing who JVOR tracked, I was working on my domination end scene already. I figured you'd buss Jets Babe and then shoot anyone other then JMJ FTW..

Archived