Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm personally not sold on any of the 3 leading vote getters and are willing to change my vote. What about SMC is bothering you? Is it just a feeling?

I outlined it to EY. It's essentially that plus the fact that he's been very low key. Involved, yet completely remaining on the outside. He's hopped onto both of the "main" bandwagons formed early on, the one on you and the one on slats. His reasoning has been essentially "Ok I agree with you." It's a good way to remain involved yet lay low and not draw attention on yourself.

Well I said I didn't get going after the newbs and to be honest JT, right now you're coming across as pulling the old "I'm going to make posts without really saying much" routine. You've got the experience and from the past games I know you have insight to share, but you're not really doing that right now, so let's hear it. Just because you f'ers let me lay low last game doesn't mean we should allow anyone to do the same here.

Vote: Jets Things

I'm not playing this any differently than I've played any other game. First vote, kick back and observe. What have I observed that really stands out? Nothing yet. And so I will continue playing the way I've always played.

To give some insight on what I'm doing (in response to JVOR), my gut instinct in this game was to wait for someone to get really talkative, or someone to be around a lot and post a substantial amount, but not really say much. Unfortunately you don't really get a good feel of that on day 1.

I am really curious to hear from SMC, as I said earlier. Even if he does give an I'm busy at work excuse like Vic said, he'll still have to respond in some form or fashion to the suspicions placed on him.

unvote:Slats.

I have to say, I tend to agree with Bleedin about lynching new guys day 1 unless there's a real reason. And on reflection, I think we may be misreading things with slats, v'hamavin yavin. (Yes, that was hebrew. No, I'm not going to explain it any further).

Also, I'm inclined to pressure Woody a bit. As we saw from last game, he folds like a cheap tent if he's scum, so lets see how he reacts this time

Reason? Outside of a vote I put in for you that I have since removed based on the fact that people are starting to question someone I suspect more then you.

I see that once someone gets voted, others pile on. I figured I'd point at someone with zero votes up to this point and see what happens. I chose you since you seem like a good player and haven't been heard from much recently.

If nothing else I have learned you don't need much to get people suspicious in this game.

I see that once someone gets voted, others pile on. I figured I'd point at someone with zero votes up to this point and see what happens. I chose you since you seem like a good player and haven't been heard from much recently.

If nothing else I have learned you don't need much to get people suspicious in this game.

Interesting... I've posted 7 posts in the 2 hours I've been at work. Not exactly in active.

I'm open to investigation, I know the flow of the game, trust no one.

Interesting... I've posted 7 posts in the 2 hours I've been at work. Not exactly in active.

I'm open to investigation, I know the flow of the game, trust no one.

I've spent the past two hours baffled at how the hell I became a suspect so most of the reading I've been doing over that time was in direct responses to me.

And when you voted for me, you said, "I have all I need." WTH was up with that?

unvote:Slats.

I have to say, I tend to agree with Bleedin about lynching new guys day 1 unless there's a real reason. And on reflection, I think we may be misreading things with slats, v'hamavin yavin. (Yes, that was hebrew. No, I'm not going to explain it any further).

Also, I'm inclined to pressure Woody a bit. As we saw from last game, he folds like a cheap tent if he's scum, so lets see how he reacts this time

Unvote JMJ

Vote Woody.

He's one of those guys you won't get any information out of until you vote him I guess. i asked him what he thought and he said "no thoughts" and said something about he doesn't like day 1. Like I said, none of the 3 leading vote getters now stand out to me.

Well, do tell.

torahexchange.proboards.com - at the moment, just a storehouse to put up a few thoughts that I'm going to use for the seder I'm leading next week. Passed the address to a few friends who might have some ideas of their own to share, that I could then steal, and set up a bit of a structure that might be useful if anyone but me ever signs up. Not really up the alley of this crowd, though, and I'm hoping and praying Bernie never finds the site, cause that crap isn't what it's for :biggrin:

torahexchange.proboards.com - at the moment, just a storehouse to put up a few thoughts that I'm going to use for the seder I'm leading next week. Passed the address to a few friends who might have some ideas of their own to share, that I could then steal, and set up a bit of a structure that might be useful if anyone but me ever signs up. Not really up the alley of this crowd, though, and I'm hoping and praying Bernie never finds the site, cause that crap isn't what it's for :biggrin:

Let me know when large breasted Jewish girls between the ages of 22 and 26 from wealthy families start showing up and I'll be your top poster. :headbang:

I've spent the past two hours baffled at how the hell I became a suspect so most of the reading I've been doing over that time was in direct responses to me.

And when you voted for me, you said, "I have all I need." WTH was up with that?

Part of the way I end up playing this game is the way people hold up in questioning. Are you reactionary? Do you deflect? Do you dismiss questions easily? You did enough of those that I was OK with putting a vote on you. I didn't feel that way about Slats or Danx andI believe you have to eventually put a vote in. You can't just sit aside if you're a town member because what ends up happening is the town will spin in circles while puppet masters pull the strings. This early on we want to get some information, not all information. Having too much out there plays into the baddies hands as they can continue to weave their web.

Well, I'm back. I was out of the office this morning.

Scanning through I see that Vicious has some questions about me. I jumped on the slats-wagon because my choice (unscientific, of course) was between him and JVoR. I jumped off of JVoR's train because he offered a valid excuse for his dissappearance. So that left me with slats. I'll unvote him to continue the exodus

Unvote: Slats

As for others, I never like to jump to conclusions in the 1st day, especially with 18 players in this game. The odds are definately in favor of an innocent lynching. But it does open up discussion. I don't see anything but guesses as to the reason supporting voting for X, Y, or Z.

BUT, if you want a rationale for another person, I'd offer Vicious, and not for reciprocity sake. There is a distinct difference in how he's started this game and last. He was originally innocent (until he was converted) and talked his ass off. But, now, not so much. Is that a clue? I don't know. But he did play well last game.

Well, I'm back. I was out of the office this morning.

Scanning through I see that Vicious has some questions about me. I jumped on the slats-wagon because my choice (unscientific, of course) was between him and JVoR. I jumped off of JVoR's train because he offered a valid excuse for his dissappearance. So that left me with slats. I'll unvote him to continue the exodus

Unvote: Slats

As for others, I never like to jump to conclusions in the 1st day, especially with 18 players in this game. The odds are definately in favor of an innocent lynching. But it does open up discussion. I don't see anything but guesses as to the reason supporting voting for X, Y, or Z.

BUT, if you want a rationale for another person, I'd offer Vicious, and not for reciprocity sake. There is a distinct difference in how he's started this game and last. He was originally innocent (until he was converted) and talked his ass off. But, now, not so much. Is that a clue? I don't know. But he did play well last game.

I've posted 10 posts in the past 3 hours that I've been at work. I don't think I'm off the mark in saying that I've been quite active this morning. I also talked my ass off last game because when I was innocent, I was SEVERELY questioned due to Woody "revealing" his role. He disappeared so the heat was on me to which I answered questions just like I'm answering yours.

While I welcome questioning but yours for a lack of activity I don't think is a substantiated one.

I should hook you up with my X. But I like you and she's crazy.

I have a large-breasted Jewish ex, too, but she's falls outside of the preferred age range and is also crazy. But if someone wants to marry her for a week or so just to get me out of alimony, I'd appreciate it.

Right now, I'm buying both slats' and JMJ's explanations. (For the record, since people keep misunderstanding what I said about slats ... I only found him mildly suspicious, at a time when we had nothing on anyone else, and there's no way I'd vote for anyone with so little information.)

I'm leaning towards Woody and Norway at the moment. Woody because his few posts have seemed to say only that he doesn't like participating the first day, and Norway because he's been voting seemingly randomly (first voted for Irish apparently to prove a point, voted for me with a one-sentence justification that he can't know for sure I'm innocent, and quickly switched to JMJ). Maybe Norway's haphazard voting only stands out to me because I've been taking the voting very seriously, and maybe I'll learn that it's better to keep voting for different people as my mood changes. (I am keeping in mind that it's only the first day.)

Haha, I'm also unsure about Shutout, SMC, AVM, and Crusher still, but since it's apparently more acceptable to vote for people you have very little information about than to wait until you feel strongly that someone's guilty ...

Vote: Norway

But I obviously want to hear more from Woody and the other names mentioned.

(whew, no longer a voting virgin ...)

I have a large-breasted Jewish ex, too, but she's falls outside of the preferred age range and is also crazy. But if someone wants to marry her for a week or so just to get me out of alimony, I'd appreciate it.

What's it worth to you?

What's it worth to you?

I'll have to get a dollar figure on my current future payouts and let you know. :D There's some ambiguity in our agreement, and I'm not sure of my end date.

But she's a MILF, just a bit of a psycho-milf.

I've posted 10 posts in the past 3 hours that I've been at work. I don't think I'm off the mark in saying that I've been quite active this morning. I also talked my ass off last game because when I was innocent, I was SEVERELY questioned due to Woody "revealing" his role. He disappeared so the heat was on me to which I answered questions just like I'm answering yours.

While I welcome questioning but yours for a lack of activity I don't think is a substantiated one.

No need to be so defensive.

I was simply noting a change in how you're playing this game compared to the last one, which you've admitted. Regardless, in the 1st day there is no basis for substantial questioning because we don't have any real clues on anyone. It's all hunches and guesses.

No need to be so defensive.

I was simply noting a change in how you're playing this game compared to the last one, which you've admitted. Regardless, in the 1st day there is no basis for substantial questioning because we don't have any real clues on anyone. It's all hunches and guesses.

Haha, it's not defensive brother. I like to always give my POV. And I like to answer directly, and usually quickly. That's just how I play. I'm open to questions.

Archived