Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

Right now, I'm buying both slats' and JMJ's explanations. (For the record, since people keep misunderstanding what I said about slats ... I only found him mildly suspicious, at a time when we had nothing on anyone else, and there's no way I'd vote for anyone with so little information.)

I'm leaning towards Woody and Norway at the moment. Woody because his few posts have seemed to say only that he doesn't like participating the first day, and Norway because he's been voting seemingly randomly (first voted for Irish apparently to prove a point, voted for me with a one-sentence justification that he can't know for sure I'm innocent, and quickly switched to JMJ). Maybe Norway's haphazard voting only stands out to me because I've been taking the voting very seriously, and maybe I'll learn that it's better to keep voting for different people as my mood changes. (I am keeping in mind that it's only the first day.)

Haha, I'm also unsure about Shutout, SMC, AVM, and Crusher still, but since it's apparently more acceptable to vote for people you have very little information about than to wait until you feel strongly that someone's guilty ...

Vote: Norway

But I obviously want to hear more from Woody and the other names mentioned.

(whew, no longer a voting virgin ...)

The votes on you and IJ were purely to elicit responses. My vote on JMJ was not aimed at a lynch, put I did, and do find him scummy. That said, I don't feel anywhere near certian about him, or anyone else at this point.

The first lynch is largely just a crapshoot.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
torahexchange.proboards.com - at the moment, just a storehouse to put up a few thoughts that I'm going to use for the seder I'm leading next week. Passed the address to a few friends who might have some ideas of their own to share, that I could then steal, and set up a bit of a structure that might be useful if anyone but me ever signs up. Not really up the alley of this crowd, though, and I'm hoping and praying Bernie never finds the site, cause that crap isn't what it's for :biggrin:

Yes, I've been looking for a place to discuss the Torah. Sign me up? I also love the smell of seder, so woodsy and natural.;)

No, I think I'm too fat. I'm Italian but if most of the Jewish woman truly have gigantic boobs and huge bank accounts I would consider converting for the sake of my two sons.

From my experience, they also have huge mouths and don't know when to shut up. That's why I went with a Japanese girl :)

Ok back to the game at hand.

Random Thoughts about what has been going on...

1) I love big boobs

2) I hate big mouths that dont know when to shut up

3) I love Asian women, especially mixed with some Caucasian

4) I am nearly hard thinking about Crusher being all sweaty after a meal

That is all.

Random Thoughts about what has been going on...

1) I love big boobs

2) I hate big mouths that dont know when to shut up

3) I love Asian women, especially mixed with some Caucasian

4) I am nearly hard thinking about Crusher being all sweaty after a meal

That is all.

Thanks, this statement swells my ego some more.

Holy - where did all this traffic come from :D

I'm taking EY's word for it as I assume he can count ;)

Vote Count

DanX (3) AVM, Crusher, Slats

JMJ (3) JIF, Irish, Norway

Jets Things (1) Bleedin' Green

SMC (2) EY, Vicious89x

WoodyPaige (2) Doggin94it, JVOR

Norway (1) Dan X

With 18 alive it takes 10 to whack

unvote:Slats.

I have to say, I tend to agree with Bleedin about lynching new guys day 1 unless there's a real reason. And on reflection, I think we may be misreading things with slats, v'hamavin yavin. (Yes, that was hebrew. No, I'm not going to explain it any further).

Also, I'm inclined to pressure Woody a bit. As we saw from last game, he folds like a cheap tent if he's scum, so lets see how he reacts this time

I'm not scum this time so no folding. What you want to know?

Holy - where did all this traffic come from :D

I'm taking EY's word for it as I assume he can count ;)

Vote Count

JMJ (3) JIF, Irish, Norway

SMC (2) EY, Vicious89x

Norway (1) Dan X

With 18 alive it takes 10 to whack

Not voting:

Shutout, Woody, Jets Things, SMC, JMJ, Sharrow

The votes on you and IJ were purely to elicit responses. My vote on JMJ was not aimed at a lynch, put I did, and do find him scummy. That said, I don't feel anywhere near certian about him, or anyone else at this point.

Yeah, I'm about to go over anything I've missed and I'll be changing (or not changing) my vote accordingly. You can go back and check my voting of you--just trying to elicit response, which worked pretty well I'd say.

Be back in a couple minutes--really wanna read what SMC, JMJ and JetsThings have said.

Your take on the game thus far. Who are you most suspicious of? Why?

Im gonna vote:JMJ. I don't like the way he handled the pressure.

Like I said earlier I'm not really suspicious of SMC at this point. He's playing this game similarly to how he always does. I do want to see how he answers the pressure.

Im gonna vote:JMJ. I don't like the way he handled the pressure.

Like I said earlier I'm not really suspicious of SMC at this point. He's playing this game similarly to how he always does. I do want to see how he answers the pressure.

Never mind on the last part. I just saw SMC answered some of Vicious' questions. I missed that post

Who has really been suspicious?

It's such a crapshoot the first day. Unless somebody just goes off the wall (like Ragu did in an old mafia game), there's nothing really to go on except gut feeling. It's all a crap shoot. We usually end up with sacrificial lambs.

My gut said JVoR, until he came up with his excuse, which is valid, but it really doesn't mean he is non-scum. I then flipped to slats, but that train died. (Yes, I'm train following 'cus it's early).

The bottom line is that I don't have a gut feeling on anyone now. Is that suspicious in and of itself? Could be. But I like resolution and fleshing things out to have somewhat of an informed opinion.

Because the train appears inching toward JMJ, I'll jump on that one:

Vote: JMJ

Not sure why you bolded the sections you did from my post, but to clarify, I was noting that people seemed to be taking your fickle and unsubstantiated voting better than they were taking my cautious attitude towards casting a vote. So I figured, I at least have some rationale for voting for you, so I should go ahead and do it, since I could back it up.

I understand that it might just be a difference in strategy, since you say the purpose of your votes was to elicit responses. Whereas I want to vote for people who have given me a reason to think they're guilty. I'm going to do my best not to vote for innocent players, although granted, I'm probably being a little idealistic here. So hey, maybe I'll end up finding out this isn't the best way to tackle things, but for now, that's my goal. :D

JMJ, it does seem a bit suspicious you've gotten so defensive. Honesty and more importantly activity pays off early in the game, so an innocent usually doesn't have to get that upset, especially with only 4 of the 10 required votes. Fact of the matter is, this early on, everyone is questioned at some point.

So, for now, unvote: Dan X

vote: JMJ

My bad - thanks..

Vote Count

DanX (2) Crusher, Slats

JMJ (6) JIF, Irish, Norway, Woody, SMC, AVM

SMC (2) EY, Vicious89x

Norway (1) Dan X

Vote Count