Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I vote for SMC.

He has done nothing this entire thread but pile on whomever has the most amount of votes.

He did it with JVoR at the immediate outset, then Slats after him, and me now.

Please bold your votes otherwise I am likely to miss them...

<--- another "loser" that read both of the previous games start to finish. :(

What are you going to be do if this thread goes 200+ pages, JMJ?

Anyway, I've noticed that most of you guys are active in the mornings, I'm not usually going to be around here from 6AM-noon, so don't be surprised if I don't show up during that time frame.

It looks like people have moved off the slats wagon, I think that's a good thing at this point. I kind of like that flow; focus on one guy (slats) then move on to the next (JMJ) when you are satisfied.

DanX- He contradicted himself a little bit once and maybe tried too hard to explain it. I don't think there's enough there and think we should move on to the other candidates, tbh.

As for my vote, I like the idea of trying to flush out the experienced players who maybe haven't added as much or haven't voted yet. So I'll vote Jets Things for now since most of the others have voted. But I like the train on JMJ too cause he does seem a little scummy to me as well. If he really is a townie, maybe he should have completely read through the last two games because it doesn't look like "learning on the fly" is working out too good for him.

Vote Count

DanX (2) Crusher, Slats

JMJ (6) JIF, Irish, Norway, Woody, SMC, AVM

Jets Things (2) Bleedin' Green, Sharrow

SMC (3) EY, Vicious89x, JMJ

WoodyPaige (2) Doggin94it, JVOR

Norway (1) Dan X

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to whack

Not sure why you bolded the sections you did from my post, but to clarify, I was noting that people seemed to be taking your fickle and unsubstantiated voting better than they were taking my cautious attitude towards casting a vote. So I figured, I at least have some rationale for voting for you, so I should go ahead and do it, since I could back it up.

I understand that it might just be a difference in strategy, since you say the purpose of your votes was to elicit responses. Whereas I want to vote for people who have given me a reason to think they're guilty. I'm going to do my best not to vote for innocent players, although granted, I'm probably being a little idealistic here. So hey, maybe I'll end up finding out this isn't the best way to tackle things, but for now, that's my goal. :D

Ideally yes, you'd like to vote for no one but scum. Unfortunately, often I've found (at least looking at these two games at JN) that the scum usually have a couple that are overly active and shoot themselves in the foot, and you'll have those that fit in perfectly, like a roleless townie (BG is the prime example of this, obviously).

So, how do you counteract that? I'm not sure...but the best thing I can think of is getting everyone talking

This is HILARIOUS!

That's your arguement?

Look, you're far from doomed at this point. I'm not convinced that you are Mafia by any means, just very suspicious, I don't like the way you handled the pressure. You still get my vote, largely because I'm not really too suspicious of anyone else at this point.

I vote for SMC.

He has done nothing this entire thread but pile on whomever has the most amount of votes.

You want cheese with that whine?

What have you done but be ultra-defensive, as demonstrated by the above post?

I'm an admitted bandwagon jumper this 1st day. So what? We don't having anything to go on EXCEPT the way you're acting.

I'm not going to come up with outlandish theories from the jump to nail someone just on a hunch. You, on the otherhand, have been unusualy jumpy in this thread. Why?

fixed...

Sorry, wasn't trying to be a prick, lol.

I know, but we're not allowed to edit our posts.

Don't worry, doesn't look like I'm going to be around much longer.

You do bring up a good point on SMC. Might be time to go back and check that out, along with his reasonings for voting. Not saying he's guilty yet...just worth looking at.

I vote for SMC.

Could you please defend your SMC vote?

This is the second person (slats, first) that you've voted behind me on.

You want cheese with that whine?

What have you done but be ultra-defensive, as demonstrated by the above post?

I'm an admitted bandwagon jumper this 1st day. So what? We don't having anything to go on EXCEPT the way you're acting.

I'm not going to come up with outlandish theories from the jump to nail someone just on a hunch. You, on the otherhand, have been unusualy jumpy in this thread. Why?

Pot, meet kettle.

Wow! Nobody really has any concrete reason to point a finger at me yet 6 people (including you) have.

All I did was point out that you have not really done anything in this thread other than pile on the leading vote getter (which is fact) and you lash out with this while trying to say that I'm suspicious for lashing out?

Weird...

Could you please defend your SMC vote?

This is the second person (slats, first) that you've voted behind me on.

I did. I said I think it is odd how he had changed his vote 3 times in this thread and all 3 times it has been to jump from one leading vote getter to another.

You think I realized that I followed you? I know this may be hard for you to comprehend EY, but it is not always about you. ;)

As for my vote, I like the idea of trying to flush out the experienced players who maybe haven't added as much or haven't voted yet. So I'll vote Jets Things for now since most of the others have voted. But I like the train on JMJ too cause he does seem a little scummy to me as well. If he really is a townie, maybe he should have completely read through the last two games because it doesn't look like "learning on the fly" is working out too good for him.

I guess that's as good a reason as any to vote for me...

Vote: WP - I think we both play the game similarly in the beginning and since he has voted, I might as well too.

I did. I said I think it is odd how he had changed his vote 3 times in this thread and all 3 times it has been to jump from one leading vote getter to another.

You think I realized that I followed you? I know this may be hard for you to comprehend EY, but it is not always about you. ;)

Just want to make sure that's in print. ;)

Pot, meet kettle.

Wow! Nobody really has any concrete reason to point a finger at me yet 6 people (including you) have.

All I did was point out that you have not really done anything in this thread other than pile on the leading vote getter (which is fact) and you lash out with this while trying to say that I'm suspicious for lashing out?

Weird...

I don't think anyone has a concrete reason to vote for anything yet. So far all we have to go on are votes, activity, and gut reactions based on what people are saying.

I guess that's as good a reason as any to vote for me...

Vote: WP - I think we both play the game similarly in the beginning and since he has voted, I might as well too.

This is just weird. You were waiting for Woody to vote before you felt it was appropriate to cast a vote yourself?

And you base this off of similar strategies at the beginning of the game?

Huh?

This is just weird. You were waiting for Woody to vote before you felt it was appropriate to cast a vote yourself?

And you base this off of similar strategies at the beginning of the game?

Huh?

Stuck out to me as well...I actually went back to see if Woody had voted for him. And btw--last game, didn't Woody's early game strategy end up hurting him? :P

Vote Count

DanX (2) Crusher, Slats

JMJ (6) JIF, Irish, Norway, Woody, SMC, AVM

Jets Things (2) Bleedin' Green, Sharrow

SMC (3) EY, Vicious89x, JMJ

WoodyPaige (3) Doggin94it, JVOR, JT

Norway (1) Dan X

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to whack

I vote for SMC.

I have to agree with this. Serial bandwagoning is never a good sign. On the other hand, I don't think we've gotten very much out of Woody. I'm going to leave my vote there for the moment.

Another thing I'll throw out there:

When looking to vote someone off you are looking to vote off somebody of importance to the game to hopefully gain information, evidence, or whatever you want to call it that will help move the game forward, right?

This is the first time I've ever played this game, it is the largest game thus far on JN with 18 participants, and most of the participants are veterans of the game dating back to JI days. With so many people to choose from, why would CTM assign any type of important role to me who he knows is a first player without a clue?

Lynch me if you'd like, but move the game forward you will not.

250px-Yoda.jpg

When looking to vote someone off you are looking to vote off somebody of importance to the game to hopefully gain information, evidence, or whatever you want to call it that will help move the game forward, right?

This is the first time I've ever played this game, it is the largest game thus far on JN with 18 participants, and most of the participants are veterans of the game dating back to JI days. With so many people to choose from, why would CTM assign any type of important role to me who he knows is a first player without a clue?

250px-Yoda.jpg

That's kind of poor reasoning. A good mod will randomly assign roles regardless of any other factor. You or any other new player could easily be assigned a role as scum.

I have to agree with this. Serial bandwagoning is never a good sign. On the other hand, I don't think we've gotten very much out of Woody. I'm going to leave my vote there for the moment.

Woody plays mafia like a mute with a sore throat, he doesn't really say anything. I too would like to hear a little more out of him. I'm going to unvote:Danx, and vote-woody because I want to hear this bird sing.

He tells us to ask him anything and then he offers nothing after that. Speak up Woody.

That damn smiley was an accident I hit the freaking D.

Woody plays mafia like a mute with a sore throat, he doesn't really say anything. I too would like to hear a little more out of him. I'm going to unvote:Danx, and vote-woody because I want to hear this bird sing.

He tells us to ask him anything and then he offers nothing after that. Speak up Woody.

That damn smiley was an accident I hit the freaking D.

Oops didn't realize I edited it thought I just quoted myself. Sorry guys.

250px-Yoda.jpg

Well it's my understanding that it's up to the mod how they assign roles. I believe last game was random number generation? One of the games was at least...and for all we know it could be that again. Game one Doggin' picked according to numbers, not players. I believe #10 was scum because of the "torture he recieved from a previous #10" lol.

I do find it interesting you're essentially claiming roleless townie though right now

Well it's my understanding that it's up to the mod how they assign roles. I believe last game was random number generation? One of the games was at least...and for all we know it could be that again. Game one Doggin' picked according to numbers, not players. I believe #10 was scum because of the "torture he recieved from a previous #10" lol.

Didn't know this. I assumed a Mod would want the best game possible so they would pick who and how they could get that.

I do find it interesting you're essentially claiming roleless townie though right now

My game was random.

And in case you're wondering why I didn't reply to this part in my previous quote, I figured I didn't want to give you anything that would make you think suspiciously about me.

Oh wait, just kidding. You already voted for me based on all (none) of the evidence against me. :rolleyes:

Didn't know this. I assumed a Mod would want the best game possible so they would pick who and how they could get that.

Well honestly, random is the best game possible. If you pick, then go off the idea that noobs shouldn't have a role, you help the mafia out tremendously. They'd then (in the case of this game) know 3 or 4 roleless townies...bringing their odds of NK'ing a power player much higher.

If a mod were to do that, it would become obvious who to go after. New players would always be roleless town and above suspicion... and more experienced players would always be in the roles.

New players would rarely get lynched, and scum would have an easier time picking off targets as other roles would be filled with experienced players.

Oh, and this is the one reason I'm not voting for you right now.

I truly think you have no ****ing clue what you're doing right now. :rl:

Archived