Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

My game was random.

I thought random role generation was pretty standard, no? And in Doggin's game, b/c we couldn't produce a lynch in what seemed like 17 days, Doggin asked his wife to pick a number. Of course, the number was 10, I was the 10th player to sign up, and I was bounced early the only time I've ever (including this game ;)) been mafia!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And in case you're wondering why I didn't reply to this part in my previous quote, I figured I didn't want to give you anything that would make you think suspiciously about me.

Oh wait, just kidding. You already voted for me based on all (none) of the evidence against me. :rolleyes:

Lol. You gotta calm down man, all the franticness is doing is hurting you. What I meant by that was that usually when scum have pressure put on them, they'll claim a power role to protect themselves, as the town can't afford to off someone important this early on.

It was actually a slight nod your way--though I'd want some more experienced input before changing my vote (I just know off the past two games, it seems like scum when pressured would claim power roles)

I thought random role generation was pretty standard, no? And in Doggin's game, b/c we couldn't produce a lynch in what seemed like 17 days, Doggin asked his wife to pick a number. Of course, the number was 10, I was the 10th player to sign up, and I was bounced early the only time I've ever (including this game ;)) been mafia!

Ahh thats what it was? My bad--got that confused a bit obviously lol

Oh, and this is the one reason I'm not voting for you right now.

I truly think you have no ****ing clue what you're doing right now. :rl:

Bingo. All I know is that there is a rat/informant out there and one of you are them. Other then that, I have no *****ing clue who I should be looking for and/or why. I'm sure there are others who have different roles of significance, but I wouldn't know where to begin in guessing what those roles are.

Like when I jumped on Slats for thinking he might be a serial killer. After voting for him I said to myself, "Well didn't they say the good guys are the bad guys in this version of the game vice versa? If that is the case, even if he were a serial killer, should I be voting for him or allowing him to be?" :bag:

Oh, and this is the one reason I'm not voting for you right now.

I truly think you have no ****ing clue what you're doing right now. :rl:

Fair point as well, I suppose. I dunno--I'll be back in a bit, running to dinner.

Bingo. All I know is that there is a rat/informant out there and one of you are them. Other then that, I have no *****ing clue who I should be looking for and/or why. I'm sure there are others who have different roles of significance, but I wouldn't know where to begin in guessing what those roles are.

Like when I jumped on Slats for thinking he might be a serial killer. After voting for him I said to myself, "Well didn't they say the good guys are the bad guys in this version of the game vice versa? If that is the case, even if he were a serial killer, should I be voting for him or allowing him to be?" :bag:

You seem more lost than guilty to me honestly. I happen to know a lot about being lost in this game. Believe that. Same thing with all the new players. Woody is the one that pings my scum detector. The strong silent mute type.

But I like the train on JMJ too cause he does seem a little scummy to me as well. If he really is a townie, maybe he should have completely read through the last two games because it doesn't look like "learning on the fly" is working out too good for him.

Haha!

I'm not ready to jump on the JMJ train just yet. I have a real scummy feeling here, but I like the sentiment of not whacking a newbie on Day One. I reserve the right to jump later if we're at a standstill.

I'm an admitted bandwagon jumper this 1st day. So what? We don't having anything to go on EXCEPT the way you're acting.

I have to agree with this. Serial bandwagoning is never a good sign. On the other hand, I don't think we've gotten very much out of Woody. I'm going to leave my vote there for the moment.

In the spirit of not lynching a n00b, I'm going to...

unvote: Dan X

As for my vote - SMC, Jet Things, and Woody all have me somewhat suspicious. I think I have to go back and redo some reading, see if anything stands out before I cast a new vote.

I'm sorry, but its obvious that JMJ is just clueless right now. (no offense my man) Or he is playing the clueless card really well for the sympathy tip. Just doubt that is going on.

Unvote: JMJ

I will say this, you arent making any friends. You have made a lot of snide remarks and its not exactly the best way to deflect heat. But, either way, I think you are honestly just lost and that is totally understandable.

Jets Things post about waiting for Woody to vote is not settling well with me at all. Just a scummy move all around. Especially basing on the fact they "play a similar game at the beginning" which is drawing attention to Woody.

Vote: Jets Things

I'm sorry, but its obvious that JMJ is just clueless right now. (no offense my man) Or he is playing the clueless card really well for the sympathy tip. Just doubt that is going on.

Unvote: JMJ

I will say this, you arent making any friends. You have made a lot of snide remarks and its not exactly the best way to deflect heat. But, either way, I think you are honestly just lost and that is totally understandable.

Jets Things post about waiting for Woody to vote is not settling well with me at all. Just a scummy move all around. Especially basing on the fact they "play a similar game at the beginning" which is drawing attention to Woody.

Vote: Jets Things

I never said anything about waiting for Woody to vote before I put my vote in. I said that he and I usually sit back and observe in the beginning.

I never said anything about waiting for Woody to vote before I put my vote in. I said that he and I usually sit back and observe in the beginning.

You said,

"I think we both play the game similarly in the beginning and since he has voted, I might as well too."

That is pretty much saying that you were waiting for him to vote. Or at least thats how I took it...

You said,

"I think we both play the game similarly in the beginning and since he has voted, I might as well too."

That is pretty much saying that you were waiting for him to vote. Or at least thats how I took it...

I'm having difficulty finding the part where I said I was waiting until Woody voted before I did. You took it the wrong way, Guardian Angel.

UNOFFICIAL

Vote Count

JMJ (5) Irish, Norway, Woody, SMC, AVM

Jets Things (3) Bleedin' Green, Sharrow, JiF

SMC (3) EY, Vicious89x, JMJ

WoodyPaige (5) Doggin94it, JVOR, JT, Crusher, Slats

Norway (1) Dan X

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to whack

Another thing I'll throw out there:

When looking to vote someone off you are looking to vote off somebody of importance to the game to hopefully gain information, evidence, or whatever you want to call it that will help move the game forward, right?

This is the first time I've ever played this game, it is the largest game thus far on JN with 18 participants, and most of the participants are veterans of the game dating back to JI days. With so many people to choose from, why would CTM assign any type of important role to me who he knows is a first player without a clue?

Lynch me if you'd like, but move the game forward you will not.

250px-Yoda.jpg

What?!?! So by your logic we should just go after the most experienced players because there's no way that the new guys could be scum. It's that simple, eh?

Really man I'm not sure what to think of this post. I dunno if it adds to my suspicions or not because I'm not sure if it's scummy or just stupid.

Yet for some reason you're playing in a pretty similar way.

How many games has Woody played? I've been assuming it was quite a few, but I want to be 100% sure. I ask because I suppose theres a chance he just plays the exact same way regardless of his role. If not, then I'd be inclined to agree it's fishy.

unvote: Norway

vote: Woody

I said I thought he was acting shady before, and he hasn't done anything to make me think otherwise. His vote for JMJ came way after JVoR, JiF, Irish, Norway, and Vicious had already voted for JMJ. When JVoR and JiF pulled their votes from JMJ and instead voted respectively for Woody and Jets Things (for his comment about Woody), it's possible Woody was simply trying to deflect the attention back onto JMJ. At any rate, despite claiming to be willing to explain himself, Woody has continued making single-sentence posts, and only occasionally.

Vote Count

JMJ (5) Irish, Norway, Woody, SMC, AVM

Jets Things (3) Bleedin' Green, Sharrow, JiF

SMC (3) EY, Vicious89x, JMJ

WoodyPaige (6) Doggin94it, JVOR, JT, Crusher, Slats, Dan X

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to whack

unvote: Norway

vote: Woody

I said I thought he was acting shady before, and he hasn't done anything to make me think otherwise. His vote for JMJ came way after JVoR, JiF, Irish, Norway, and Vicious had already voted for JMJ. When JVoR and JiF pulled their votes from JMJ and instead voted respectively for Woody and Jets Things (for his comment about Woody), it's possible Woody was simply trying to deflect the attention back onto JMJ. At any rate, despite claiming to be willing to explain himself, Woody has continued making single-sentence posts, and only occasionally.

Sorry, looking back just now I realize Woody's vote for JMJ happened before JiF voted for Jets Things. I apologize for the confusion. My basic point still stands, though. It seems like Woody boarded the JMJ train only because he was pressed to participate and was beginning to garner attention himself.

Damn guys we were on page 7 when I went to work this morning and now were up to 12 (although to be fair JMJ only read about 5 1/2 of those 12 pages ;)). So here's where I think I'm at:

JMJ: Seems to vote for anyone who votes for him and doesn't seem to have researched the game other than skimming the first 2 threads. The voting pattern seems really innocent as scum would most certainly realize who fishy an overly defensive voting pattern looks. The "inexperienced, uninformed newb" card has been played and honestly seems to be in overdrive. My gut tells me he's probably innocent, but I'd have no problem revisiting JMJ as we progress through the game.

Slats: Already explained my thoughts on him last night

Dan X: Didn't really see anything too suspicious. Yeah he said he was suspicious of Slats but didn't move his vote, but this early in such a large game we'll all obviously have multiple suspects. I myself currently suspect 17 of you.

My top two suspects since catching up on the past 5 pages are Woody and JT. Woody as it has been mentioned welcomed all questions and then promptly disappeared. Sound familiar? But JT's comment and vote:

I guess that's as good a reason as any to vote for me...

Vote: WP - I think we both play the game similarly in the beginning and since he has voted, I might as well too.

Strikes me as "My reason for voting for you is because you've voted for me and we're kinda similar, so what the hell"

Just an odd, odd post.

VOTE: Jets Things

Archived