Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

I'm having difficulty finding the part where I said I was waiting until Woody voted before I did. You took it the wrong way, Guardian Angel.

Sorry, not everyone can pull off Peter Petrelli.

The way JiF put it, I was sitting around waiting for Woody to vote, which wasn't the case.

Apparently, I wasnt the only one that had a similar response.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, not everyone can pull off Peter Petrelli.

Apparently, I wasnt the only one that had a similar response.

I didn't think he was waiting for Woody to post, but it was just really weird. He votes for Woody and then rather than actually providing a reason he says they're similar day one players. Does that mean JT doesn't trust himself day 1 either???

I didn't think he was waiting for Woody to post, but it was just really weird. He votes for Woody and then rather than actually providing a reason he says they're similar day one players. Does that mean JT doesn't trust himself day 1 either???

I dont.

He said...

since he has voted, I might as well too

Thats it right there. What about Woody voting made him feel the need to as well? Its like, ah heck, shutout **** himself, I might as well too.

The train on Woody was small, that could have been a tactic of distancing himself from Woody. It came in a time when it would necessarily put him on the chopping block. I will say this, I think because of that post, whether JT meant it our not, I think a lynching of him or Woody would be the most telling right now because of this strange IMO association.

Please take into consideration that we are not working with much and the 2 most suspicious players up until JT I think just have shown noob tendencies which some of are not used to seeing.

I just got back to my computer. I had a lot of work to do this afternoon/evening and didn't have time to post.

I thought I did a decent job contributing and sharing my thoughts on the game especially after being pressured by Doggin but I guess I was wrong. I did vote and shared my thoughts on SMC who was a popular subject at the time. I always lay low in the begining of games. It's hard for me to get a read on people early in the game. I try to just survive in the begining and get better as the game goes along.

To all those guys who mentioned my one line posts. Thats just how I post. This is probably the longest post I've made in several weeks. I know some of the guys who don't know me from JI may not know that but it is true.

In terms of disappearing earlier that was just a bad job on my part. Don't worry there will be no doctor claim form me this time. I am not a doctor, cop, serial killer, guardian angel, Peter Petrelli, or even Indian Superman. I am just roleless this game.

Also Jets Things, I don't give a **** that you voted for me but you're reason absolutly sucks. I agree with JiF on this one. Why did you have to wait for me to vote? Makes no sense.

Vote Count

JMJ (4) Irish, Norway, SMC, AVM

Jets Things (5) Bleedin' Green, Sharrow, JiF, Shutout, Woody

SMC (3) EY, Vicious89x, JMJ

WoodyPaige (6) Doggin94it, JVOR, JT, Crusher, Slats, Dan X

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to whack

If my math is correct, everyone has voted now. So if someone is going to get wacked, there will have to be some switching of votes.

Jets Thing is an experienced player so his tactics of swooping in and out of this thread does seem suspicious. That's as good enough a reason for me as I had on JMJ until his clueless defense. I'll lock it up with the 6 for Woody by flipping my vote.

Unvote: JMJ

Vote: Jets Thing

Vote Count

JMJ (3) Irish, Norway, AVM

Jets Things (6) Bleedin' Green, Sharrow, JiF, Shutout, Woody, SMC

SMC (3) EY, Vicious89x, JMJ

WoodyPaige (6) Doggin94it, JVOR, JT, Crusher, Slats, Dan X

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to whack

Interestingly enough...everyone that has been voted for, have voted for the person that voted for them (and is one of the ones being voted for).

Dunno if it necessariliy means anything...just interesting

Also Jets Things, I don't give a **** that you voted for me but you're reason absolutly ****s. I agree with JiF on this one. Why did you have to wait for me to vote? Makes no sense.

Uuuuuuuuuugh. For the last time, I DID NOT WAIT FOR WOODY TO VOTE TO MAKE MY VOTE. MY BAD IF IT APPEARED AND CAME OFF THAT WAY. We both had inactive suspicions on us and I was only saying that you and I tend to sit back and observe early in the game. The fact that you voted had NOTHING to do with the time at which I decided to vote. Again, I didn't mean for it to come out the way it did. Poor choice of words.

Jets Things, what's your take on the game so far?

My take is that I'm a moron for saying something in a way that I didn't mean to say. :rim: Other than that, a LOT of people seem to be changing their votes based on what others are doing. Granted, MY wording can be construed as sketchy, but no one is really jumping out at me. I voted for Woody for the same reason people started voting for me - inactivity and a vote to force activity.

Interestingly enough...everyone that has been voted for, have voted for the person that voted for them (and is one of the ones being voted for).

Dunno if it necessariliy means anything...just interesting

I noticed that, too. Odd coincidence?

For now, I'm happy with my WP vote. I'd like to hear arguments for and against everyone on the list, though. I'd lean towards the three more experienced guys over JMJ to start, but JMJ is still on my radar. I'm not sure if he's just clueless, or if he's extra clueless because he was handed a role and can't handle it.

For now, I'm happy with my WP vote. I'd like to hear arguments for and against everyone on the list, though. I'd lean towards the three more experienced guys over JMJ to start, but JMJ is still on my radar. I'm not sure if he's just clueless, or if he's extra clueless because he was handed a role and can't handle it.

I agree. There are some more experienced players who haven't really weighed in on Jets Things and Woody, and I'd appreciate hearing their thoughts. For example, what do people think about Woody's claim that he's roleless? Didn't AVM say something about JMJ doing the same thing earlier? (I'll have a break in an hour or so, at which point I'll have time to go back and look at it ... and take a closer look at Jets Things and SMC.)

Yeah, I think JMJ, WP and JT are all mildy suspicious, but nothing to shake a stick at. I do get the feeling a less active player or two are really enjoying being able to stay on the dl without scrutiny.

Yeah, I think JMJ, WP and JT are all mildy suspicious, but nothing to shake a stick at. I do get the feeling a less active player or two are really enjoying being able to stay on the dl without scrutiny.

Who would you be suspicious of? Here's the bot*** five posters in the game:

Dan X 17

WoodyPaige 16

shutout 14

Bleedin' Green 14

Sharrow 9

Everyone else has at least 20 posts.

Given the last two games, I'd say Bleedin' needs to be seriously examined, but right now it'd be Woody who matches the suspicion and inactive lists. In total post content, Woody's probably dead last.

Dan X 17

WoodyPaige 16

shutout 14

Bleedin' Green 14

Sharrow 9

Given the last two games, I'd say Bleedin' needs to be seriously examined, but right now it'd be Woody who matches the suspicion and inactive lists. In total post content, Woody's probably dead last.

That's a fair enough point, but I don't think I'm really trying to "lay low" and I don't mind answering any questions. Its easy enough to keep your post count up without really putting yourself out there or doing too much analysis. That and only taking very safe stances I feel like are things that need to be looked at in the context of low post counts. I mean hell, I can post one sentence responses commenting on someone else's opinions as well as anyone. Just not sure I see the reason for it.

That's a fair enough point, but I don't think I'm really trying to "lay low" and I don't mind answering any questions. Its easy enough to keep your post count up without really putting yourself out there or doing too much analysis. That and only taking very safe stances I feel like are things that need to be looked at in the context of low post counts. I mean hell, I can post one sentence responses commenting on someone else's opinions as well as anyone. Just not sure I see the reason for it.

You lay low? No way right? Not like last game when some filthy zombie ********er laid low and came back just in time to win the game. In the process making a very hard working fatman look stupid. No way would you do anything like that. No way. FU

I've played this game a lot so I really have no right to play the moron card. Just a poor choice of words. Take that for what it's worth.

No you played the "my wife just got back in town and I have to hump her till I forget my name card". Much better card, but you still seem scummy, just not as scummy as Woody in my opinion. Close though.

No you played the "my wife just got back in town and I have to hump her till I forget my name card". Much better card, but you still seem scummy, just not as scummy as Woody in my opinion. Close though.

I didn't buy that either. He could've knocked that out and been back in the game within ten minutes.

Hey CTM, I know no time limits were mentioned to start the game, but day one's gone on since Saturday already. Do we reach a point where there's a random lynching if we don't come to a concensus?

You lay low? No way right? Not like last game when some filthy zombie ********er laid low and came back just in time to win the game. In the process making a very hard working fatman look stupid. No way would you do anything like that. No way. FU

I'm sensing some hostility Crusher. Is something wrong?

Although in my defense, I was saying that I wasn't trying to lay low this time.

Is there such a card? I haven't played it before, but it's not bad. :D

I didn't buy that either. He could've knocked that out and been back in the game within ten minutes.

Hey CTM, I know no time limits were mentioned to start the game, but day one's gone on since Saturday already. Do we reach a point where there's a random lynching if we don't come to a concensus?

"Honey, I gotta make this quick so I can get back to JN Mafia 3." Something tells me that wouldn't fly with, oh I don't know, anyone's wife. 10 minutes though? Tsk tsk tsk. :bag:

"Honey, I gotta make this quick so I can get back to JN Mafia 3." Something tells me that wouldn't fly with, oh I don't know, anyone's wife. 10 minutes though? Tsk tsk tsk. :bag:

I was talking clean-up time into account, too. Of course, I may've underestimated how much masturbating you did while she was away. ;)

General question to everyone not just you. Can I just ask what I've done besides play the same way I always do that seems so scummy? I know that people keep comparing my play now with last game but it's really the same way I always play.

Dan X 17

WoodyPaige 16

shutout 14

Bleedin' Green 14

Sharrow 9

This tally might be a helpful starting point, but I agree with Bleedin' that purely looking at post count is a flawed strategy because it doesn't take length and content into account. My posts tend to be several sentences long and are mostly direct responses relating to the game. Shutout's posts have been very long as well, explaining his reactions to several players at once. Bleedin's posts also tend to be reasonably long and game-related.

There are other players who might have high post count, but have they said much? For starters, Woody and Jets Things both tend to post one, maybe two, sentences at a time. Crusher makes short posts as well, and a lot of those are simply humorous responses that don't give us any information. Those are the people who immediately come to mind, but it might be helpful to look back at everyone's posts for that if we want to really see who's been contributing the least.

Also, I'm honestly having trouble remembering what Sharrow has been posting, so I'm going to go take a look at that. But is there a reason you didn't say anything about him, when according to your scheme, he's been posting significantly less than everyone else, even Bleedin' and Shutout?

General question to everyone not just you. Can I just ask what I've done besides play the same way I always do that seems so scummy? I know that people keep comparing my play now with last game but it's really the same way I always play.

I think it's partially just a testament to how much people have Woody Paige (the real one).

Archived