Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't buy that either. He could've knocked that out and been back in the game within ten minutes.

Hey CTM, I know no time limits were mentioned to start the game, but day one's gone on since Saturday already. Do we reach a point where there's a random lynching if we don't come to a concensus?

First days usually last long and the game didn't really pick up until Monday.

The issue is whether there will be any movers.

Woody & Jets Thing each have 6 votes each with 10 to whack.

There are 3 of the remaining 6 voters who didn't vote for either Woody or Jets Thing can decide this issue: Irish (who unvoted JMJ and hasn't revoted), Norway, AVM, EY, Vicious, and JMJ.

Of course, someone can make a compelling case to switch votes from Woody & Jets Thing but I haven't seen it yet.

Also, I'm honestly having trouble remembering what Sharrow has been posting, so I'm going to go take a look at that. But is there a reason you didn't say anything about him, when according to your scheme, he's been posting significantly less than everyone else, even Bleedin' and Shutout?

I took it easy on Sharrow only because I believe he's another first-timer (I believe... ?). I kept you on the list 'cause it would've been unfair to list Woody at 16 and not you at 17. That's all.

I agree with you about WP and his one line posts (which I did mention), but hadn't thought about Crusher's large joke content. I guess his method's working on me. Might be worth going over again.

This tally might be a helpful starting point, but I agree with Bleedin' that purely looking at post count is a flawed strategy because it doesn't take length and content into account. My posts tend to be several sentences long and are mostly direct responses relating to the game. Shutout's posts have been very long as well, explaining his reactions to several players at once. Bleedin's posts also tend to be reasonably long and game-related.

There are other players who might have high post count, but have they said much? For starters, Woody and Jets Things both tend to post one, maybe two, sentences at a time. Crusher makes short posts as well, and a lot of those are simply humorous responses that don't give us any information. Those are the people who immediately come to mind, but it might be helpful to look back at everyone's posts for that if we want to really see who's been contributing the least.

Also, I'm honestly having trouble remembering what Sharrow has been posting, so I'm going to go take a look at that. But is there a reason you didn't say anything about him, when according to your scheme, he's been posting significantly less than everyone else, even Bleedin' and Shutout?

Ok, 5/9 of Sharrow's posts happened before we actually started talking about who to lynch. From the 4 since then, one of those was just a link to that zombie sign article. So we're really only left with 3 posts. Is there a reason Sharrow is off everybody's radar?

I took it easy on Sharrow only because I believe he's another first-timer (I believe... ?). I kept you on the list 'cause it would've been unfair to list Woody at 16 and not you at 17. That's all.

I agree with you about WP and his one line posts (which I did mention), but hadn't thought about Crusher's large joke content. I guess his method's working on me. Might be worth going over again.

Like I sad earlier I only make posts longer than 1 line about once a month at the most. Its not just a mafia thing.

Ok, 5/9 of Sharrow's posts happened before we actually started talking about who to lynch. From the 4 since then, one of those was just a link to that zombie sign article. So we're really only left with 3 posts. Is there a reason Sharrow is off everybody's radar?

Interesting. But with this being the first day, and having 18 players, it'll be fairly easy to stay under the radar. Of course, since we're not close to a lynch, I guess it won't be so easy.

I really don't think we're gonna feel great about who to lynch, but I'm still not in much of a hurry.

Ok, I didn't realize he was also a first-timer. Nevertheless, he still hasn't said much.

Another thought I had was JMJ. I think the majority of his posts were aimed towards defending himself when he was feeling the heat. But I know early on he was voting for people without any explanation whatsoever. And since people have started debating Jets Things and Woody, he's stopped talking.

Ok, I didn't realize he was also a first-timer. Nevertheless, he still hasn't said much.

Another thought I had was JMJ. I think the majority of his posts were aimed towards defending himself when he was feeling the heat. But I know early on he was voting for people without any explanation whatsoever. And since people have started debating Jets Things and Woody, he's stopped talking.

Not to attempt to draw attention away from myself, but this is a very good point.

Like I sad earlier I only make posts longer than 1 line about once a month at the most. Its not just a mafia thing.

This is true. And Sharrow has been flying a bit low. Considering that my goal for voting you has been satisfied (and no backsliding), I'll unvote and vote:Sharrow

I know he's new, but if you want to play the game, then play the game. Speak up, Sharrow - lets hear it.

General question to everyone not just you. Can I just ask what I've done besides play the same way I always do that seems so scummy? I know that people keep comparing my play now with last game but it's really the same way I always play.

For me in the beginning it was the inactivity at first. Then you came back and was getting ready to clear your innocence, challenging any questions, then you dissapeared without answering a single one. I know it's your style, as you say not to do much the first day. This pisses me off too, because I'm fat and not sure why the fat guys gotta do all the first day work. Not to mention last game, you sorta exploded when you where approached. You turned out guilty. Being the first day that about as much as we have to go on anyone. Though JY aka Humpy boy, is a close second with his, "Im watiing for Woody to vote crap". Maybe he meant he's waiting with his woody for his wife to get home? Not sure.

For me in the beginning it was the inactivity at first. Then you came back and was getting ready to clear your innocence, challenging any questions, then you dissapeared without answering a single one. I know it's your style, as you say not to do much the first day. This pisses me off too, because I'm fat and not sure why the fat guys gotta do all the first day work. Not to mention last game, you sorta exploded when you where approached. You turned out guilty. Being the first day that about as much as we have to go on anyone. Though JY aka Humpy boy, is a close second with his, "Im watiing for Woody to vote crap". Maybe he meant he's waiting with his woody for his wife to get home? Not sure.

JY=JT sorry

I never said I was waiting for Woody to vote. We've been over this.

Jokes? What you mean jokes? What am I a ****ing clown? Am I here to amuse you? Am I here to ****ing amuse you? You mean funny? Funny how? I make you laugh?

This is true. And Sharrow has been flying a bit low. Considering that my goal for voting you has been satisfied (and no backsliding), I'll unvote and vote:Sharrow

I know he's new, but if you want to play the game, then play the game. Speak up, Sharrow - lets hear it.

Unvote Woody

Vote Sharrow

Without a forseeable deadline to lynch, and for me at least without a real read on Sharrow, I want to see more out of him. I know he mentioned mornings would be tough on him, but I agree with Doggin that just because you are new you can't get a free pass to lay low. With a game this size, information is key and imo it benefits the town if you take away "flying under the radar."

As for Woody, he's already claimed being roleless, so if he claims something else in the future he's lied at some point. Thus, I think his danger to the town has lessened if he's actually mafia. I'm not saying I think he's innocent, just that he can't pull the same crap he did last game. Woody, you can't exactly disappear again either. You are an experienced player and if you are indeed roleless, what the hell are you contributing to the town if you just disappear? You are just playing to survive at that point and it's not beneficial to the town.

Vote Count

JMJ (3) Irish, Norway, AVM

Jets Things (6) Bleedin' Green, Sharrow, JiF, Shutout, Woody, SMC

SMC (3) EY, Vicious89x, JMJ

WoodyPaige (4) JT, Crusher, Slats, Dan X

Sharrow (2) Doggin, JVOR

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to whack

I do not intend on imposing a time limit in the near future.

unvote SMC

This is in no way me absolving him of my suspicion, but it seems as if he's not going anywhere today.

Between Woody and JT, I'm leaning towards JT. That having been said, the cases against both of them are pretty weak. Even if they are guilty.

Woody is playing the style he always plays, and JT said one thing thing that is being over interpretted IMO.

unvote SMC

This is in no way me absolving him of my suspicion, but it seems as if he's not going anywhere today.

Between Woody and JT, I'm leaning towards JT. That having been said, the cases against both of them are pretty weak. Even if they are guilty.

Woody is playing the style he always plays, and JT said one thing thing that is being over interpretted IMO.

For the sake of getting another player involved unvote:WP, for now and vote: sharrow come on man, give us a little something to go on.

unvote SMC

I meant to comment on this earlier. JT's statement makes no sense to me as an indicator of guilt. If he's guilty, why would he make such an outright confusing/shady comment? It's possible he didn't expect people to pick up on it, or it was a slip-up. But it makes more sense to me that he really didn't mean it the way it came out. Either way, I think it's hard to make a strong case against him based off of one weird comment. But I would like to hear more from Jets Things about who he finds suspicious.

I'd also like to point out that JMJ disappeared again.

Noted. Dude I know you got stuff going on at work, but damn your not being yourself. You have barely said a word, and your usually leading the charge. I barely want to smack you in the head this game. Im concerned.

Archived