Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To expand on the, re: Sharrow

His last post in this thread was at 4:10pm yesterday. Since then he has made 11 posts in other areas of the site including 2 this afternoon yet hasn't said diddly in here.

Seems like that is by design, not by accident.

Yeah, I think it's funny Slats called it "surprising" that people are pressuring Sharrow to talk. Considering Slats' primary method of attack has been to count people's total number of posts in the thread.

There's a nice progression to these posts.

We start the thread being super nice...

'Lets wait it out'

'I want to be sure'

'Lets be friends'

'I understand everyone's strategy, but will wait'

'I'm going to mention a player only because he's good'

All the above is: "LOOK HOW INNOCENT AND FAIR AND PRO TOWN I AM"

'vote JMJ'

'I'm keeping my vote on JMJ'

Then, the vote for JMJ, who has no argument against him besides his inactivity. So, we jump to agree, and yet, in contrast to your earlier statement of 'wait it out' and 'want to be sure'

'thats your argument?'

'you still have my vote, just because of no one else' contradiction

'your playing the same way' (to JT or WP) attack another player who's got a lot of votes

'unvote JMJ, time to look at JT/WP' one bandwagon fails, and only thoughts are to the next one.

'moron card'

Friends, its fairly obvious that after trying very hard to show how 'Pro-Town' he was, he went on the aggressive towards one player. Then, when it didn't work out, he immediately went aggressive on two others who already had wagons.

Now, SMC has my attention for wagon jumping, but at least he admit that's exactly what he's doing.

Further, Irish Jet is playing at a level of aggression we haven't seen from him before. After his early posts, all of his relevent ones have been on the attack. In his prior two games, in which he proved to be roleless town, he was much more passive.

:corn::corn::corn::corn:

Ha, yeah I'm just curious to see what has him so convinced that I'm scum. It was a very confusing post.

If we're to take this at face value, why is your current vote still for me (well, you unvoted me and then said you're more than likely going to stick with me) when your reasoning is you didn't like how I handled the pressure of being accused.

With all due respect, I handled it better than you did. Rather hypocritical reason to have me as your vote if you ask me.

If we're to take this at face value, why is your current vote still for me (well, you unvoted me and then said you're more than likely going to stick with me) when your reasoning is you didn't like how I handled the pressure of being accused.

With all due respect, I handled it better than you did. Rather hypocritical reason to have me as your vote if you ask me.

True.

BTW, anyone else find the subtle deflection of attention from our still absent Sharrow a bit timely? Just something to keep in mind If Sharrow pops up guilty (on finder or lynch).

'Lets wait it out'

'I want to be sure'

'Lets be friends'

'vote JMJ'

Then, the vote for JMJ, who has no argument against him besides his inactivity. So, we jump to agree, and yet, in contrast to your earlier statement of 'wait it out' and 'want to be sure'

'thats your argument?'

'your playing the same way' (to JT or WP) attack another player who's got a lot of votes

'unvote JMJ, time to look at JT/WP' one bandwagon fails, and only thoughts are to the next one.

'moron card'

Friends, its fairly obvious that after trying very hard to show how 'Pro-Town' he was, he went on the aggressive towards one player. Then, when it didn't work out, he immediately went aggressive on two others who already had wagons.

Now, SMC has my attention for wagon jumping, but at least he admit that's exactly what he's doing.

Further, Irish Jet is playing at a level of aggression we haven't seen from him before. After his early posts, all of his relevent ones have been on the attack. In his prior two games, in which he proved to be roleless town, he was much more passive.

Irish, you got the explanation you wanted. Any reply?

True.

BTW, anyone else find the subtle deflection of attention from our still absent Sharrow a bit timely? Just something to keep in mind If Sharrow pops up guilty (on finder or lynch).

I switched my vote to Sharrow already and explained why (only 4 posts in this thread since the game has begun yet 11 posts outside of this thread with 2 of them coming this afternoon, etc.).

However, someone else made a good point about Slats. Slats defended Sharrow saying he was surprised people were becoming suspicious of him just because he was inactive, but Slats himself has pointed to inactivity as a reason for suspicion more than once in this very thread.

Odd behavior by both of them...

Give him 5 minutes and ask him again.

:rl:

But also I'd like to point out that in general, isn't it easier to perceive other people's reactions as over the top, than to notice that about your own reactions? Just as JMJ claimed that his defensiveness yesterday wasn't as bad as Irish's reaction today (and I'd say the jury is still out on that one). ;)

We'll see how Irish responds now that EY has explained himself.

'Lets wait it out'

'I want to be sure'

'Lets be friends'

'vote JMJ'

'thats your argument?'

'moron card'

You really do overestimate me. LOL

I really don't know what to say to this. I'm not overly suspicious of anyone, JMJ got it originally because he was inactive and it stuck because I wasn't convinced with his response. My earlier posts were taken out of context. I don't like to jump on people early for no reason, but it's day 1, which is basically a crapshoot anyways.

I was slightly suspicious WP, JT but not enough to really vote for either. I haven't went aggresively after anyone really.

:rl:

But also I'd like to point out that in general, isn't it easier to perceive other people's reactions as over the top, than to notice that about your own reactions? Just as JMJ claimed that his defensiveness yesterday wasn't as bad as Irish's reaction today (and I'd say the jury is still out on that one). ;)

We'll see how Irish responds now that EY has explained himself.

In all fairness, I logged off the site at 7pm Monday night with no votes and no reason for suspicion. I logged on the site at 7am the next morning with 3 votes. That is partly why I was so baffled.

3 votes > 1 vote.

That is neither here nor there though at this point I guess. But ultimately I still want an explanation from him on how I can still be his vote after his recent actions. If he keeps his vote on my it is amazingly hypocritical. The other two voters who have selected me can keep me as their vote from not until forever for all I care, but it bothers me now that he has his vote on me due to nothing more than the reasoning he gave.

Like I said, you can't make something like that up. :cheers:

You really do overestimate me. LOL

BHAHAHAHAHHAHA

You just attacked two people for taking the dumb route. Now you're going to tell me you're not good enough to go with a strategy of:

I'm everyones friend and making sure to do everything right... then, after some time, jumping on innocent* players and being a bit too aggressive in doing it.

:corn::corn::corn::corn::corn:

*I am not certain by any means that JMJ, JT, WP are innocent, but we don't have any good evidence to go on.

Archived