Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually have JMJ pretty high on my potential rat list, but where does he talk about those roles?

EY made this post:

SMC is doing it SO blatantly, that there is more to it than simply being scum. He's a smart guy, and is up to something...

Perhaps This:

Where after "Perhaps This:" he quotes the definition of a cobbler/village idiot role.

JMJ had the very next post with this:

That is what is going through my mind also. He began getting heat for wagon-jumping pages and pages, and votes and votes ago. He then claimed to not care and has continuously done it moving forward. He is too smart to not be up to something. Whether what he is up to is scummy or not is for us to still determine, but he definitely is up to something.

He's learned alot about the game since we got started, I guess. Here's a post from him early in the game:

Being a fellow rookie who seems to have a better understanding then me at this point, are the bad guys the good guys in this version of the game? Thought I read that earlier. If so, what a hell of a game for the two of us to try and learn in. :bag:

Like I said, nothing personal. I'll happily change my vote if new things pop up.

Is that a deflection, or total newbness?

Something to keep an eye on.

Hmmm...

A guy who only skimmed thru the first two game threads and jumped on me for mentioning a potential role now all of a sudden has ideas going thru his head about obscure "cobbler/village idiot" type roles?

Scummy.

Posting from my blackberry:

Oh please. I'm not the one who mentioned some type of village idiot role. All I'm saying is I know that SMC is a smart guy and a veteran to these mafia games. He began getting suspicion-heat for wagon jumping and has done nothing but continue doing it since catching the heat.

Noticing (or pointing out) something THAT obvious makes me scummy? Again, I never mentioned an idiot role. I just said he's too smart to continue doing what is drawing him heat over and over again unless he's up to something.

EY made this post:

Where after "Perhaps This:" he quotes the definition of a cobbler/village idiot role.

He's learned alot about the game since we got started, I guess. Here's a post from him early in the game:

Someone has a hard-on for me it seems.

Again, you don't have to no a sh1ttin thing about this game to know that how SMC is acting is weird. What don't you understand about that? :(

EY made this post:

Well Slats, maybe I'm just dense (ok, no maybe about that), but I read that as JMJ agreeing with EY that SMC is up "to something", not that he's been thinking about those roles.

Someone has a hard-on for me it seems.

Again, you don't have to no a sh1ttin thing about this game to know that how SMC is acting is weird. What don't you understand about that? :(

Nothing personal. Just seems like a lot of growth. You get very defensive everytime someone points a finger in your direction. I don't know if that's how you always are, but you've definitely been that way in this game.

That early post about the roles here from you also caught my attention. I wouldn't put it past anyone as a brand new player who stepped in here without any prep at all being genuinely confused about what side he's on - and maybe being even more confused after being handed the role of a "cop," only to find out that means he's actually one of the "bad guys."

But as I said earlier, as a newbie, I'm quite content for you to live thru the day.

I'm gonna...

unvote: WoodyPaige

Vote: Irish Jet

EY's a good player, and I'm gonna buy into his feeling on SMC and Irish for now. If Irish is whacked and turns out to be scum, I think the rest of the game should go pretty smoothly for the town.

Okay, I've been out in town watching the football and I'm just in now.

EY, your post earlier of accusing me is well put together, but it's been over analyzed to death. I don't even see how when I voted for JMJ I was showing a "level of aggresion" that was apparently off the charts in your mind.

I voted him because he was inactive, I didn't buy his response at all and it gave me a legitimate reason to be suspicious, albeit I'll admit I wasn't convinced.

'thats your argument?'

'you still have my vote, just because of no one else' contradiction

'your playing the same way' (to JT or WP) attack another player who's got a lot of votes

'unvote JMJ, time to look at JT/WP' one bandwagon fails, and only thoughts are to the next one.

'moron card'

This entire post makes no sense - "One bandwagon fails"? My vote for JMJ was the third! How is that hopping a bandwagon?

Also, I posted after about how JMJ was STILL my only slight suspicion, hardly switching. Your post looks pretty, but it's full of ****.

BTW, if SMC flips mafia, I'm going to have to apply this rule to your defense of him. Sorry, its just business :D

Ok, so is it possible EY has been so critical of Irish to get suspicion from SMC?

Though it was a very well written and somewhat convincing little number he put together.

Talented is this Eric Yellin.

As soon as Irish is dead, I'm ready to kill SMC though. I just think it needs to be done in that order... and the reason should be pretty obvious

EY? What with this blood lust thing, always wanna be killin killin, you sound like Major Pain. "Somebody must need some killin".

Vote Count

JMJ (2) Irish, AVM

Jets Things (4) Bleedin' Green, Sharrow, JiF, Shutout

SMC (2) Dan X, Doggin94it

WoodyPaige (1) JT

Sharrow (2) JMJ, Norway

Irish Jet (6) EY, Woody, SMC, Vic, JVOR, Slats

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to whack

I only have a moment to post, but I wanted to add quickly that I personally didn't find EY's post about Irish to be as convincing as others have. I would really like to hear from Bleedin, AVM, and Shutout in particular and hope we don't rush into lynching Irish before we get a chance to hear more from people.

Vote: JMJ

Main reason: He's been flying fairly under the radar. If you go through his posts, he's really had maybe 3 of substance. I know he's a smart guy and at this point I want to see what he contributes.

Strange. I was thinking the same thing.

And I buy your case, thats sucks brother. Seriously, good luck! You should try a staffing group called Maxim. I interviewed with them awhile back, seemed pretty good.

Anyway, I went back and read the whole thread and the exact same thing stuck out to me.

Unvote: JVOR

That's a good spot with regards to JMJ. He's at least worth putting pressure on. I'd like to hear more from him.

To Slats and anyone else questioning my defensiveness:

Yes, in general I due tend to get a little defensive when pressured (in real life I'm talking). In this game however, I got defensive more for the reason why I was being accused, not so much because I was being accused. (read above)

The game had barely started at that point and it was my first day playing. I didn't really know how I was "supposed to act" so I was just showing my face and staying active. Then the posts above happened and I was like, "WTF?"

Now again, as my first time playing I didn't understand how day 1 (and all the early days it seem) go. Nobody really has anything on anyone so ANYONE being accused that early is really just being accused based on nothing. If I could go back and do it again I wouldn't have got so defensive because I now understand that nobody has anything on anyone and make accusations is really just how the game gets rolling. But being inexperienced, I felt I was being unfairly targeted not realizing that we all are being unfairly targeted that early.

So if anyone wants to know why I got so defensive, there it is. Now I'm just pissed (more at me then all of you) that everyone has a close watchful eye over me due to how I acted when I really was just acting like a newb who has never played thus never been accused before.

Back to playing the game, I still have no clue what SMC is up to (even though I think it is something) but I do think Irish is scum.

Unvote Sharrow

Vote Irish

Vote Count

JMJ (2) Irish, AVM

WoodyPaige (1) JT

Sharrow (1) Norway

Irish Jet (7) EY, Woody, SMC, Vic, JVOR, Slats, JMJ

vote: Irish Jet

Gotcha!

huh?

I was confused at first too--just forgot to highlight the long post it looks like.

Here's my take. EY is a vet player. IF he was scum, I'd think he'd not go so strongly after an innocent this early. Just draws too much attention to himself if IJ ends up being innocent. With that--he's experienced enough to know what he's talking about. Also -- IJ getting so defensive (the 5 minutes between posts asking for explanation) arises even more suspicion.

It just doesn't make enough sense for EY to put himself out there against J so strong this early in the game.

unvote: JMJ

Yes, in general I due tend to get a little defensive when pressured (in real life I'm talking). In this game however, I got defensive more for the reason why I was being accused, not so much because I was being accused. (read above)

The game had barely started at that point and it was my first day playing. I didn't really know how I was "supposed to act" so I was just showing my face and staying active. Then the posts above happened and I was like, "WTF?"

Now again, as my first time playing I didn't understand how day 1 (and all the early days it seem) go. Nobody really has anything on anyone so ANYONE being accused that early is really just being accused based on nothing. If I could go back and do it again I wouldn't have got so defensive because I now understand that nobody has anything on anyone and make accusations is really just how the game gets rolling. But being inexperienced, I felt I was being unfairly targeted not realizing that we all are being unfairly targeted that early.

So if anyone wants to know why I got so defensive, there it is. Now I'm just pissed (more at me then all of you) that everyone has a close watchful eye over me due to how I acted when I really was just acting like a newb who has never played thus never been accused before.

Back to playing the game, I still have no clue what SMC is up to (even though I think it is something) but I do think Irish is scum.

Unvote Sharrow

Vote Irish

Since by logic of thinking EY as scum wouldn't put himself out there, I'm inclined to think he's right on you being just lost as well, lol. It's a perfectly understandable excuse, I suppose...I just sort of came in to the game looking to look into everything pretty deeply.

Unvote Sharrow

Vote Irish

If you'd have read through the other games, you'd have seen JetsBabe hang herself doing the same thing in one of the games.

IJ seems scummy to me too, but I'd like to hear more from him first.

I might not be back again tonight, I'm going to watch the Penguins game now, and I might watch a movie after that. I'll try to get in here as early as I can from now on, but don't be surprised if I don't show up again until tomorrow afternoon.

If you'd have read through the other games, you'd have seen JetsBabe hang herself doing the same thing in one of the games.

JB acted totally scummy in both games despite being innocent in both. I have no idea how she got herself lynched after taking over the Dr. Cox role. She didn't even try to role reveal, just a last gasp <big mistake> and she was gone.

I was confused at first too--just forgot to highlight the long post it looks like.

Here's my take. EY is a vet player. IF he was scum, I'd think he'd not go so strongly after an innocent this early. Just draws too much attention to himself if IJ ends up being innocent. With that--he's experienced enough to know what he's talking about. Also -- IJ getting so defensive (the 5 minutes between posts asking for explanation) arises even more suspicion.

It just doesn't make enough sense for EY to put himself out there against J so strong this early in the game.

For the record, I'm not exactly convinced EY is scum, not at all. I just think he's over analyzed a lot of my posts and convinced himself of things that really aren't there.

He accuses me of jumping bandwagons which if you'd read over the posts is not true. I voted for JMJ when he had two votes. I never voted for anyone else. I pointed out guys who I was suspicious of but never at any point went after them. My "attack" on WP was me pointing out that he was (at that time, not so much now) playing a similar game to last time. I can't believe people are jumping on that!

Anyways, even though you're voting for me - Your post presents a number of good points.

EY is a vet player like you said and IMO this is what has people deluded enough to start jumping all over a post which really showed nothing only stuff that he had seriously looked into way too much. But because it was such a pretty looking post and it was done by the ever so talented EY, people buy into it without realizing there's nothing there.

As for my reaction, it makes me look bad, I understand. I was just desperate to hear what the hell he could possibly be talking about, not only because he was accusing me but seem so convinced. It was ****ed up.

EY is going to look bad after this though. When I come up innocent (which I will) I'm ineterested to see how he'll spin it. I wouldn't be convinced it's because he's scum (He's too smart to pull something like that), I just think he's genuinely made a mistake.

Vote Count

JMJ (1) Irish

WoodyPaige (1) JT

Sharrow (1) Norway

Irish Jet (8) EY, Woody, SMC, Vic, JVOR, Slats, JMJ, AVM

I don't know, I'm not seeing the IJ scumminess. I just re-read EY's "gotcha"

post, and I gotta say, I agreed with most of the posts EY quoted and I'm not I'm not a rat. I think JMJ and SMC are much scummier, among others, and really really don't like JMJ's Irish vote.

Also don't like all the momentum EY has gotten against IJ with that one post. The most damning thing I have on IJ is his badgering EY for an explanation.

Speaking from experience (of being scum and doing just that, both to my partners and to innocents), no.

This is how EY plays the game. It's what he does when he's innocent, and its what he does when he's scum. That's what makes him a good player

post, and I gotta say, I agreed with most of the posts EY quoted and I'm not I'm not a rat. I think JMJ and SMC are much scummier, among others, and really really don't like JMJ's Irish vote.

Also don't like all the momentum EY has gotten against IJ with that one post. The most damning thing I have on IJ is his badgering EY for an explanation.

So why are you voting Sharrow?

Chan did it last game and for like for four dead townies people followed him like he was the pied piper.

Outside of pulling a newb in getting overly defensive the first time I was ever accused in one of these games, what exactly makes you feel so strong that I'm scum? You've mentioned it multiple times now.

For the record, I'm not exactly convinced EY is scum, not at all. I just think he's over analyzed a lot of my posts and convinced himself of things that really aren't there.

He accuses me of jumping bandwagons which if you'd read over the posts is not true. I voted for JMJ when he had two votes. I never voted for anyone else. I pointed out guys who I was suspicious of but never at any point went after them. My "attack" on WP was me pointing out that he was (at that time, not so much now) playing a similar game to last time. I can't believe people are jumping on that!

Anyways, even though you're voting for me - Your post presents a number of good points.

EY is a vet player like you said and IMO this is what has people deluded enough to start jumping all over a post which really showed nothing only stuff that he had seriously looked into way too much. But because it was such a pretty looking post and it was done by the ever so talented EY, people buy into it without realizing there's nothing there.

As for my reaction, it makes me look bad, I understand. I was just desperate to hear what the hell he could possibly be talking about, not only because he was accusing me but seem so convinced. It was ****ed up.

EY is going to look bad after this though. When I come up innocent (which I will) I'm ineterested to see how he'll spin it. I wouldn't be convinced it's because he's scum (He's too smart to pull something like that), I just think he's genuinely made a mistake.

Nobody is. Unless EY is trying to outdo Chan's flamboyant charade last game. Could be but he will be the subject of future days discussion. For now he and the other highly skilled operators will always be better for the town alive.

This is what lead to the new player is scum hysteria at the beginning of the game. Even my usually rational self bought in to it. It was the only exciting thing early on. Are you a rat? That seems to be the hip thing to be discussing.

Maybe I might hang out like EY says and wait to put the kill shot. I'm just not sure and Chan's lets just kill them and sort them out philosophy last game makes me weary.

Archived