Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EY is going to look bad after this though. When I come up innocent (which I will) I'm ineterested to see how he'll spin it. I wouldn't be convinced it's because he's scum (He's too smart to pull something like that), I just think he's genuinely made a mistake.

I'll say, 'oops'. And, we'll move on with our lives.

Between you and me, we don't really have much to worry about... :-$

Sorry for disappearing the second half of the day. Couldn't get back here from work and was only just able to catch up on everything after dinner now. Here's some thoughts from what I've read:

While I may've been the first one to vote JT, I'm definitely ready to move on. His play still seems a little inconsistent then last game, but then again its not exactly consistent with the last time he was scum either. I also don't buy into this whole "vote after Woody" BS that people are all over and I voted for him before this ever happened. So with that said:

Unvote: Jets Things

I was ready to move my vote over towards IJ, but that bandwagon has moved WAY too fast for my comfort right now. It just seems unlikely that scum would be so quick to bury a fellow teammate on day one but he already has a quickly piled high vote count. I haven't been particularly impressed with his responces / reactions so far, but I'd still like to hear more from him before putting him one vote from death.

As far as SMC, I definitely feel where those who think something isn't right with him are coming from. In one of the old JI games I was on a mafia team with SMC and watching how he played that game and also his logic while being on that side doesn't reflect what we're seeing from him here in this game. I'm not sure what that means regarding his guilt or innocence, but its definitely out of character and I have to believe it serves some sort of purpose. I'm just not entirely sure what that purpose is yet.

Sorry for disappearing the second half of the day. Couldn't get back here from work and was only just able to catch up on everything after dinner now. Here's some thoughts from what I've read:

While I may've been the first one to vote JT, I'm definitely ready to move on. His play still seems a little inconsistent then last game, but then again its not exactly consistent with the last time he was scum either. I also don't buy into this whole "vote after Woody" BS that people are all over and I voted for him before this ever happened. So with that said:

I was ready to move my vote over towards IJ, but that bandwagon has moved WAY too fast for my comfort right now. It just seems unlikely that scum would be so quick to bury a fellow teammate on day one but he already has a quickly piled high vote count. I haven't been particularly impressed with his responces / reactions so far, but I'd still like to hear more from him before putting him one vote from death.

As far as SMC, I definitely feel where those who think something isn't right with him are coming from. In one of the old JI games I was on a mafia team with SMC and watching how he played that game and also his logic while being on that side doesn't reflect what we're seeing from him here in this game. I'm not sure what that means regarding his guilt or innocence, but its definitely out of character and I have to believe it serves some sort of purpose. I'm just not entirely sure what that purpose is yet.

Almost 7 hours, and 5 pages is 'moved WAY too fast'?

Guys, I won't be online again for a while. It's 2:30am here right now and I'm ****ing wrecked. Please for the love of all that is holy don't lynch me!

I wont online again 'til around 4pm or 5pm tomorrow because of school. That's around 11am/12pm for you guys.

Guys, I won't be online again for a while. It's 2:30am here right now and I'm ****ing wrecked. Please for the love of all that is holy don't lynch me!

I wont online again 'til around 4pm or 5pm tomorrow because of school. That's around 11am/12pm for you guys.

Jeesh, man, get some sleep.

Speaking from experience (of being scum and doing just that, both to my partners and to innocents), no.

This is how EY plays the game. It's what he does when he's innocent, and its what he does when he's scum. That's what makes him a good player

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the intentional comment from SMC about 'role'. Also, why you're SO hesitant to vote for your #2, when your #1 has voted for everyone who has a vote, much like the 'village idiot' role says, and explained it with the misspelling, and only has one other vote, while your #2 sounds like he's close to the edge?

I think I'd expect something of a stronger plea. A role reveal maybe? This certainly isn't enough for me to change my vote.

I wouldn't put the first bolded part past scum, especially if they have some experienced players on their side - never know when there could be a set-up.

As for the second part, while I agree that SMC hasn't been playing like the SMC I've seen in past games, I'm still not quite sure what he's said serves any purpose. There are a few people who have been sketchy to me, i.e. IJ, JMJ, SMC, and slats, but none of them are overwhelmingly sketchy. I'd like to hear more from AVM - I don't think he's guilty, but would like to hear what an inconspicuous rookie has observed so far.

Yikes I qgree with you, Damn it your tricking me again.:Nuts:

Good lord guys, am I the only one who works when I'm at work? Quick FYI for everyone, I won't be working nearly as late the next 2 day so I'll definitely make an effort to get myself more involved.

As I originally had said in my voting post, I never thought JT was waiting for Woody to vote but rather the post came off to me as "I'm voting for woody. We play similar and you voted for me so...". Since then other, more suspicious, people have popped up. I'm willing to accept its at least somewhat possible I misread/read too much into what he was saying, so Unvote: JT

I don't know that I really saw the aggression from Irish that has EY so convinced of his guilt, but his response and more importantly his response time is very scummy to say the least. The time on Woody's responses last game, combined with being on the lookout for a Petrelli-esque revelation, was what had me so completely convinced that WP had been guilty. Being so anxious for an explanation from EY has definitely moved Irish up towards the top of my list.

Due to their experience (and also the way Chan played us last game) I'm always a bit more suspicious of the most experienced guys. I know that's an unfair generalization but until I'm as well versed in the ins and outs of this game I have a hard time not overanalyzing anything coming from Doggin, EY, SMC, BG, etc. So I gotta be honest that EY and even Vic (another one who played me a bit last game after he got turned) look a bit off to me as they appeared to be trying to defend SMC. Perhaps its because they know him well enough to know that if he's acting this strange somethings up, but I don't see why you'd automatically assume since he's acting strange its because he's innocent. The whole "thats how I role" thing is one of 3 possibilities IMO:

1) Simple typo being taken as some sort of hint

2) Hint that its how he should be playing the game as an innocent

3) Openly bandwagoning because everyone knows that if he's so open about it, with his experience, its gotta be due to some sort of innocent imposed posting requirement. Possible idea was "I'll put in this little typo into this post explaining my bandwagon voting. If no one catches it I'm still able to say since I'm openly jumping trains its for a reason. But maybe, just maybe, someone will catch it and come to my defense and begin to really entrench me as a roled innocent"

Honestly I think its either number 1 or 3, and again due to my admitted hesitation to trust the game experts I'm leaning towards 3. It really feels like a planted, slow burning fake role reveal to me. I think my list of suspicion right now (should anyone care) would probably be: SMC, Irish, JT, EY, Doggin, and JMJ due to the possibility that he's playing the "uninformed innocent newb card" a bit too much. I think there's a clear drop-off from SMC and Irish to everyone else though and I obviously think that the deciding factor for me is that the family is in more danger if SMC is a rat, stoolie, undercover, informant or whatever it is we're up against than we would be should Irish be guilty (no offense Irish, its intended more as a complement to SMC's intelligence). I wouldn't rule out the chance that they are both on the scum side, but my instinct tells me at least one is probably scum. Since we can always go after the other tomorrow I think we should take out the bigger hypothetical threat.

Vote: SMC

Sorry guys, just got back from a little client happy hour, which always last long than the slotted hours of happiness.

IJ only giving EY 5 minutes before he was demanding an explination after 1 vote is totally weird. I dont think I have ever seen aything like that. To be honest, I didnt really understand EY's case, but IJ's reaction was ridiculous.

Unvote: JT - still dont like that move you made with Woody. But IJ's move was much more scummy.

Vote: Irish Jet

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the intentional comment from SMC about 'role'. Also, why you're SO hesitant to vote for your #2, when your #1 has voted for everyone who has a vote, much like the 'village idiot' role says, and explained it with the misspelling, and only has one other vote, while your #2 sounds like he's close to the edge?

Because my number 1 is so far ahead of my number 2 in terms of how suspicious I am of them that I'm not budging for today. I haven't yet seen any answer from SMC to my questions, and your lifeline of the village idiot role (which makes no sense in this game) is making me more suspicious of you than happier with SMC. And given that you're the guy cheerleading the IJ lynch . . . well, lets just say I'm not itching to vote IJ.

1) Simple typo being taken as some sort of hint

1st, I don't know that SMC is innocent. What I do know, as well as anyone can 'know' anything I guess, is that SMC is a smart guy, further, a lawyer, and not one who would say 'role' instead of 'roll' as a coincidence.

Think about it.

He said 'thats how I role' in response to his need to bandwagon jump, in a game where we all are assigned roles. Some plain, some scum, some with powers, some with restrictions. He said it as a response to being questioned on voting for everyone.

If he wanted to say 'thats how I roll', he could have said it in a million other ways. Ways that white, lawyers talk... He chose to do it that way for a reason. He's clearly signaling something.

And all of this happened BEFORE I posted a ROLE that actually exists in the Wiki that could explain it.

Tell me, does all this not make sense, or do you not want it to make sense?

He could be scum with that restriction, or playing such a smart game that he decided he would fake 'village idiot' in the hopes up someone realizing that was what he was doing before he got lynched. Which I was ready to do until I found a more logical explanation.

As I originally had said in my voting post, I never thought JT was waiting for Woody to vote but rather the post came off to me as "I'm voting for woody. We play similar and you voted for me so...".

I think my list of suspicion right now (should anyone care) would probably be: SMC, Irish, JT, EY, Doggin, and JMJ due to the possibility that he's playing the "uninformed innocent newb card" a bit too much. I think there's a clear drop-off from SMC and Irish to everyone else though and I obviously think that the deciding factor for me is that the family is in more danger if SMC is a rat, stoolie, undercover, informant or whatever it is we're up against than we would be should Irish be guilty (no offense Irish, its intended more as a complement to SMC's intelligence).

Vote: SMC

To be fair, Woody didn't vote for me at first. His vote was for someone else when I voted for him.

Interesting cross section of suspicions. SMC, Irish, JMJ, and I have all been suspected. Any reason you're grouping in EY and doggin, other than their experience?

Vote Count

JMJ (1) Irish

Jets Things (1) Sharrow,

SMC (3) Dan X, Doggin94it, Shutout,

WoodyPaige (1) JT

Sharrow (1) Norway

Irish Jet (9) EY, Woody, SMC, Vic, JVOR, Slats, JMJ, AVM, JIF

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to whack

Because my number 1 is so far ahead of my number 2 in terms of how suspicious I am of them that I'm not budging for today. I haven't yet seen any answer from SMC to my questions, and your lifeline of the village idiot role (which makes no sense in this game) is making me more suspicious of you than happier with SMC. And given that you're the guy cheerleading the IJ lynch . . . well, lets just say I'm not itching to vote IJ.

I see no reason there couldn't be a 'village idiot' in this game.

Vote Count

JMJ (1) Irish

Jets Things (1) Sharrow,

SMC (3) Dan X, Doggin94it, Shutout,

WoodyPaige (1) JT

Sharrow (1) Norway

Irish Jet (9) EY, Woody, SMC, Vic, JVOR, Slats, JMJ, AVM, JIF

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to whack

Looking at the number of IJ's votes, why am I hearing the theme to "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" in my head? :D

Not to defend either position, but I would like to hear why Doggin feels that impossible.

I could totally see the one mafia brothers that has a couple of screws loose. Or maybe drinks, snorts to much bloow and pops to many pills. Or maybe he is just a big dope, like a body guard or something ro collector of some sort.

I am just talking out loud here. Just dont know why its so impossible to have a family idiot, family drunk, family dumbass?

Over and over last game, I said countless times that a Godfather wouldn't make sense. Lo and behold, there was no Godfather. A village idiot wouldn't make sense in this game...<gasp>...unless there's a Fredo!! :eek:

I'm back. (As a side note, it's great how exciting everything's getting. Boy, this game is fun! :D)

EY, I find the trajectory of your attitude towards SMC to be interesting. First, you point to him as suspicious, then you go after Irish Jet but maintain that you want to kill SMC afterwards, and now you seem to be certain he has the Village Idiot role.

I'm also going to throw it out there, even though I joked about it before, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to imagine that you and SMC could have set this up. He can draw attention to himself in a weird way that doesn't fit his past way of playing, and you, a trusted and experienced player, can conveniently suggest that he might have a Village Idiot role. ;) Just saying, anything's possible.

To be fair, Woody didn't vote for me at first. His vote was for someone else when I voted for him.

Interesting cross section of suspicions. SMC, Irish, JMJ, and I have all been suspected. Any reason you're grouping in EY and doggin, other than their experience?

Honestly no. The last game was my first and while I initially felt I was doing well, looking back at it after I had been killed (both times) I felt a bit used by Vic and CTM. I think if I had surivived longer I very easily could've ended up being taken along and used like JVOR was so I think I'm a bit sensitive to people who I know could do so to me, especially until we get further into the game. Again there's a huge difference in how I feel about SMC and Irish compared to the rest of my list. I don't think unless something major occurs I'd be willing to vote for Doggin, EY, or even you necessarily in the next day or 2, but until further notice I am admittedly biased against you guys that have played a bunch of games on both sides.

Over and over last game, I said countless times that a Godfather wouldn't make sense. Lo and behold, there was no Godfather. A village idiot wouldn't make sense in this game...<gasp>...unless there's a Fredo!! :eek:

Hate to break it to you, but CTM was basically the godfather last game.

Maybe if the role is legit he's Fredo or Luca Brasi?

I can't help but feel though that this is almost exactly what SMC wanted. Everyone talking about how possible it is that he's got this role.

I definitely wouldn't have voted SMC if during one of his votes or open bandwagon statements he had either yelled that he was "smaht" and "wanted respect", or at least had hoped that JMJ's newborn would be a masculine child ;)

Maybe if the role is legit he's Fredo or Luca Brasi?

I can't help but feel though that this is almost exactly what SMC wanted. Everyone talking about how possible it is that he's got this role.

I definitely wouldn't have voted SMC if during one of his votes or open bandwagon statements he had either yelled that he was "smaht" and "wanted respect", or at least had hoped that JMJ's newborn would be a masculine child ;)

LOL. Now that was funny. I should have definately used the masculine child line.

Bravo, shutout.

I'm back. (As a side note, it's great how exciting everything's getting. Boy, this game is fun! :D)

EY, I find the trajectory of your attitude towards SMC to be interesting. First, you point to him as suspicious, then you go after Irish Jet but maintain that you want to kill SMC afterwards, and now you seem to be certain he has the Village Idiot role.

I'm also going to throw it out there, even though I joked about it before, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to imagine that you and SMC could have set this up. He can draw attention to himself in a weird way that doesn't fit his past way of playing, and you, a trusted and experienced player, can conveniently suggest that he might have a Village Idiot role. ;) Just saying, anything's possible.

I'm not certain by any means. But for now, it's a good enough reason for me not to kill him day one.

The the change to the 3rd 'trajectory' as you call it, happened after I was pointed to the 'role' comment.

If SMC did that, remember, before I posted the potential role, and then used me

If we were working together, as you've dreamed up, why would I put heat, and then so closely align myself with him DAY 1. That's not strategy. That's suicide. For both of us. Remember, we're only 2 votes. The tide could turn on one of us and that'd be the end. Do you think I'd risk that DAY 1? It's a great idea in 3 or 4 days though.

The cobbler role, as described in EY's quote, is still dangerous to the town even if he's innocent. A player who's compelled to jump on every bandwagon because of a posting restriction is no help to the family.

And if he has no innocent role, and something else is up with him, it would be wise to whack him for that reason.

Hmmm... not good for SMC

I see no reason there couldn't be a red priest, cult leader, psycho cop or any number of other role types in this game.

But I see no reason to assume that one exists

Don't complicate things. Makes as much sense as a village idiot, i.e. none.

The cobbler role, as described in EY's quote, is still dangerous to the town even if he's innocent. A player who's compelled to jump on every bandwagon because of a posting restriction is no help to the family.

And if he has no innocent role, and something else is up with him, it would be wise to whack him for that reason.

Hmmm... not good for SMC

Would be obvious to anyone paying attention. No need to whack him unless voting patterns suggest otherwise.

That's not an answer.

Agreed.

Archived