Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I ever get a chance to make up a fake role reveal, I'm going with Indian Superman. Nobody better steal my idea either.

0_4C7TDyVfs

Great job, now everyone's gonna know were a team.

I know you didn't want any early reveals EY, but I seemingly don't have a choice now...I'm Mexican Batman

Jcki43OxYm8

+1 - I've actually been toying with a "bad guys are really the good guys" setup but couldn't figure it out (because I was too damn stupid to think "mafia", apparently) :biggrin:

OK, 18 players - that means we should expect 4-5 mafia (I'd guess 4, including a godfather, to balance out the game).

Oh, and I'm here (but I've got passover shopping/cooking to do this weekend, plus we're taking the kids to Ringling Bros. tomorrow, so don't expect to see me much until Monday, when (being at work) I'll be able to spend hours goofing off).

Oh, and vote: Bleedin. He's won two straight games as scum without any pressure on him until end game. So, just in case I lose to him again, I'm putting this vote out so I can say "I told you so" later :box::biggrin:

I knew those wins would catch up with me sooner or later. :biggrin: Although you've got nothing to worry about, as long as you ain't some sort of snitch, a win for me means a win for you. But I guess I can't expect to be able to get away as long as I did last game without a single vote until the second to last day.

I've played quite a few games, and I've never heard of that one either.

All that having been said, I agree with your assessment of the game for the most part.

I think it's fairly obvious we have a "Doctor" who is, in this game, known as a lawyer.

We'd have to guess there is an 'investigator' of sorts.

The number in this game itself makes things changing as we have a great deal of players to keep track of. Hopefully, after the first full cycle we can gather a stronger outline of what this game looks like.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, IF YOU ARE THE 'LAWYER' OR INVESTIGATOR, TRY TO AVOID REVEALING YOUR ROLES.

What, you mean revealing when you're 6 votes away from being lynched isn't a good play? :rl:

vote: bleedin

So he won't be here to kick my ass again later.

Don't be hatin'. Although I must say, after two back-to-back wins you think you guys would want to keep an asset like me alive. There's no reason to be afraid. Trust me. ;)

In all seriousness though, my personal inclination is to be more wary of those guys too easily manipulated. Having been on the other side the past two games, I found one of the biggest assets for scum is townies who you can get on your side and take along for a ride.

Don't be hatin'. Although I must say, after two back-to-back wins you think you guys would want to keep an asset like me alive. There's no reason to be afraid. Trust me. ;)

In all seriousness though, my personal inclination is to be more wary of those guys too easily manipulated. Having been on the other side the past two games, I found one of the biggest assets for scum is townies who you can get on your side and take along for a ride.

We should lynch you for this alone.

Not-so-subtle claim of innocence, Bleedin'

So you think we should vote off JVOR?

Well, I was thinking the game balance thing and the fact that a side killer makes the game more interesting. I'd watch out for two distinct MO's when bodies start showing up in the morning - a la game #1.

And also this...

Which could be general paranoia, or foreshadowing.

Not sure how sold I am on you right now, slats.

Your explanation here sounds a little weak to be honest. 1st off, there was no mention of a serial killer. And the idea that 'making the game more interesting' is a reason to assume there is something that's not a standard piece of the game, doesn't sound to great to me.

Then, quoting CTM, well, that which you bolded, seems like the very people we're looking for... the 'Rats' or 'undercover cops'... There's still no mention in there of any rogue players. Seems like obvious backtracking.

As it's your first game, I'm not ready to pressure you on this, but if there proves to be multiple deaths tonight, you may have some answering to do for what you "thought"

Not sure how sold I am on you right now, slats.

Your explanation here sounds a little weak to be honest. 1st off, there was no mention of a serial killer. And the idea that 'making the game more interesting' is a reason to assume there is something that's not a standard piece of the game, doesn't sound to great to me.

Then, quoting CTM, well, that which you bolded, seems like the very people we're looking for... the 'Rats' or 'undercover cops'... There's still no mention in there of any rogue players. Seems like obvious backtracking.

As it's your first game, I'm not ready to pressure you on this, but if there proves to be multiple deaths tonight, you may have some answering to do for what you "thought"

I actually picked up on that as well. I was going to ask if he had played before because he was dissecting possibilities of roles and game set ups. My first game I was just lost and voting people that were playing strange. I dont think I tried to figure out the landscape of the game at all.

I actually picked up on that as well. I was going to ask if he had played before because he was dissecting possibilities of roles and game set ups. My first game I was just lost and voting people that were playing strange. I dont think I tried to figure out the landscape of the game at all.

It's also possible that slats did a little mafia game structure research before the game started and, being his first game, wanted to show a little know-how. A bit suspicious.

FOS: Myself, because 1 person is talking ish and it's making me sensitive. Maybe I should vote for myself.

Yeah but look at the silver lining. That 1 person may be making you sensitive enough that you feel the need to reveal or vote yourself, but at least you won't have to do so in the 3rd person

LOL at the voting for BG. I'll always be very suspicious of him as I will with CTM, Doggin, EY etc. That being said I wont vote him for the sake of it.

There's nothing to do here but grasp at straws and I HATE voting for people without something to really go by.

LOL at the voting for BG. I'll always be very suspicious of him as I will with CTM, Doggin, EY etc. That being said I wont vote him for the sake of it.

There's nothing to do here but grasp at straws and I HATE voting for people without something to really go by.

I don't know if I should be honored, or upset to be on your list.

Archived