Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

Also true.

Here are the facts:

- The opening scene has an arrest made.

- Night 1 there was a gunshot wound to the head.

- Day 2 the Doc is killed, leaving players unprotected, unless there is another Doc.

- Night 2 there was no kill, or arrest whatsoever.

- SMC has claimed a role that seems viable, at least to me, who thought he might be something like this for a while.

- SMC claims he tried to kill Doggin who is still alive.

- Doggin claims all SMC says is BS.

Holy ****, I don't know how to make heads or tails of any of this.

We have no doctor ... how could the scum not kill anyone??

Night 1 gunshot wound - SMC, was that you?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, the rationale: "Lynch SMC and if he's innocent, then lynch Doggin" is stupid. Know why?

If I'm innocent and live, that means I can NK tonight a Rat. If I'm dead the Family loses the ability to NK a Rat.

Here's the thing. Either we assume that the mafia have failed to make a kill/arrest on any of the nights, or the dead night 1 was the mafia. I think the second is more likely.

Unless SMC wants to claim that he killed Bleedin?

(Which, of course, he can't - because if he does, then he needs to explain why he would take out bleedin, and why not aim at me night 1 - when he was calling me a rat every other post - but aim at me night 2).

Meh, the whole thing is tissue paper thin - it's better than Petrelli, though, I'll give him that much.

mooning.jpg

Holy ****, I don't know how to make heads or tails of any of this.

We have no doctor ... how could the scum not kill anyone??

Night 1 gunshot wound - SMC, was that you?

Yep, that was me.

I thought Bleedin was a Rat so I put a cap in his ass. That's why I thought we'd win the game if Irish came up scum. We'd get 2 Rats killed. That did not happen.

BTW, the rationale: "Lynch SMC and if he's innocent, then lynch Doggin" is stupid. Know why?

If I'm innocent and live, that means I can NK tonight a Rat. If I'm dead the Family loses the ability to NK a Rat.

:rolleyes:

Who would you kill tonight, if you were telling the truth and I were a rat?

Want to explain the magic powers that will ensure you only kill rats, not family members? You left those out of your role claim.

Even if you were telling the truth, this argument would be absurd. The fact that your lying makes it a moot point.

I really don't think we're at a loss lynching SMC. He dies, he's scum, we can go after the person protecting him the most. If he's innocent, Doggin is done for because SMC was right. It's 1 for 1 or a win for the towns part.

Look above for the reason why you don't whack me, Vic.

Whacking the Vigilante means the Family loses the ability to NK a Rat.

Which is why you vote him today and me tomorrow if he's innocent.

If you vote me off, and I'm innocent (which I am) then SMC can say "oh, I guess I was wrong, I promise not to use my vigilante powers without your consent for the rest of the game" - and you don't know whether he's scum or not. He's high on the suspect list, but without a finder confirm, you don't know.

Now me, I know he's scum, because he lied about targetting me. So my vote's the easy one.

But if he isn't, and I was really scum, then trading his life for mine would be the right play for the town. Especially since he just admitted to bandwagoning by mistake to begin with (so much for "why would I do that if I was scum," huh?), still hasn't explained how there's any conceivable way for him to have thought the Petrelli line was in-game, and has otherwise been absurdly scummy.

I'm new at this. I'm not sure which is the smart way for the town to go. The lack of night action has me confused, and lends some credence to a roleblocker type role.

I'm far from 100% in SMC's corner. I just think his story's viable. I also think I was more suspicious of you than him from the onset - although I admit that has something to do with being leery of all the experienced guys taking me for a ride.

One possible way to verify SMC is to come to a consensus on who to have him kill tonight, whack someone else during the day, and request that the anonymous roleblocker not submit any anti-actions tonight. It's imperfect, because the rats could also opt to NK the guy to make SMC look good. But if the rats arrest rather than NK, there's nothing they could do to throw us off.

Look above for the reason why you don't whack me, Vic.

Whacking the Vigilante means the Family loses the ability to NK a Rat.

You're dead after tonight anyway if you're telling the truth. We have no doctor. So we keep you alive, Doggin flips innocent and then you say "whoops I'm sorry", then the mafia gets another leg up with an NK, and then you beg for your life, and then probably lynched the day after.

Sorry don't see the logic in that.

Yep, that was me.

I thought Bleedin was a Rat so I put a cap in his ass. That's why I thought we'd win the game if Irish came up scum. We'd get 2 Rats killed. That did not happen.

And you thought Bleedin was a rat because . . .

And you chose Bleedin over me because . . .

And what happened to the magic powers that will make sure keeping you around is good for the family, not bad?

What would to prevent you (assuming you were telling the truth, which you aren't) from vig-killing our town finder? The doc was lynched (with you chugging along on the train) without time to role claim. A NK'd player obviously never gets the chance to do that.

Even if you were telling the truth, you'd have proven, by killing BG, that keeping you around would be bad for the family, not good.

I really don't think we're at a loss lynching SMC. He dies, he's scum, we can go after the person protecting him the most. If he's innocent, Doggin is done for because SMC was right. It's 1 for 1 or a win for the towns part.

Are we certain that Doggin is done for if SMC turns his role? SMC could have been 'roleblocked' and he could just be wrong about Doggin.

Ugh... I felt so confident at the end of day 1.

Are we certain that Doggin is done for if SMC turns his role? SMC could have been 'roleblocked' and he could just be wrong about Doggin.

At the very least, SMC vs. Doggin has taken the spotlight off of you for a bit. :D

One possible way to verify SMC is to come to a consensus on who to have him kill tonight, whack someone else during the day, and request that the anonymous roleblocker not submit any anti-actions tonight. It's imperfect, because the rats could also opt to NK the guy to make SMC look good. But if the rats arrest rather than NK, there's nothing they could do to throw us off.

Slats, I was thinking the same thing. EXCEPT, there's a Roleblocker.

Doggin mentioned that the Roleblocker can only block 1 action.

OH ****! Doggin is guilty and I'm sure of it now!!!

Doggin had no reason to think he would be NK by the Rats. Does anyone think he would do that? So guess what? He must have tried to block a Finder. If a Finder put Doggin's name in, then it would be blocked. Remember the definition. It blocks all actions.

Why would someone block actions on Doggin UNLESS to prevent an Investigation?

I'm new at this. I'm not sure which is the smart way for the town to go. The lack of night action has me confused, and lends some credence to a roleblocker type role.

I'm far from 100% in SMC's corner. I just think his story's viable. I also think I was more suspicious of you than him from the onset - although I admit that has something to do with being leery of all the experienced guys taking me for a ride.

I had the same thought as you. But I'm worried there are too many moving parts to make it work.

Also, it's not a balanced concession, because whomever SMC is instructed to kill is clearly going to take Doggin's side in the voting.

If he flips innocent, you have to lynch me. You can't live with the uncertainty - I'd just be a distraction at that point. I'm innocent, but the numbers will still be strongly with the town after I'm gone, especially with no NK last night.

1) SMC do you have any restrictions to your role? (amount of kills, posting restrictions etc.)

2) If SMC is telling the truth, we are screwed tonight. SMC will die either this day phase or night phase. UNLESS there is another "doctor" that needs to protect SMC tonight. This way, SMC makes a verifiable kill of our choosing to verify his innocence. If not, then we lose our ability to kill rats at night. Unless there is a protector on our side still remaining, it's not good news for SMC.

3) If you killed BG night one, then why haven't there been dead bodies piling up??? Are you telling me the mafia is unable to NK anyone? Or are choosing not to NK? Neither scenario particularly makes sense to me.

If SMC is scum, he'll live past this night phase without verification of his role via a kill, then I think we should lynch him. His life as scum is short-lived if he is one.

You're dead after tonight anyway if you're telling the truth. We have no doctor. So we keep you alive, Doggin flips innocent and then you say "whoops I'm sorry", then the mafia gets another leg up with an NK, and then you beg for your life, and then probably lynched the day after.

Sorry don't see the logic in that.

Vic, even if the Rats NK me tonight I can also put in a NK. Check the rules. CTM wrote:

Actions: All Day and Night actions will occur instantly, unless otherwise specified. This means that two people night-killing each other will both die (unless one is saved somehow)

Doggin had no reason to think he would be NK by the Rats. Does anyone think he would do that? So guess what? He must have tried to block a Finder. If a Finder put Doggin's name in, then it would be blocked. Remember the definition. It blocks all actions.

That would assume that the blocker would be a scum role, when by definition it looks to be an innocent role, no? Why would one of the innocent townies put block actions on Doggin? He looked damn guilty to me at the end of day one.

Uh, no . . . roleblocker picks a target player and blocks that player's actions.

He does not pick a target player and stop all actions from other players targetting them.

Which, of course, you knew from the quote in the thread:

Roleblocker The Roleblocker can block someone from performing their Night action.

So if there was a roleblocker who roleblocked me, he'd have blocked any action I might have taken. Not the other way around.

Nice try, though

That would assume that the blocker would be a scum role, when by definition it looks to be an innocent role, no? Why would one of the innocent townies put block actions on Doggin? He looked damn guilty to me at the end of day one.

The only time I've seen a roleblocker was in a game where he was scum.

ie, a mafia member with the ability to prevent a town member from using their ability, ie the doc or the cop or a serial killer if they can find him.

ie, a mafia member with the ability to prevent a town member from using their ability, ie the doc or the cop or a serial killer if they can find him.

I've seen it as a townie role too.

But either way, SMC's theory doesn't wash because that's not what a roleblocker does.

Oh, and just to note - still no explanation of how SMC could have thought it was an in-game lie.

Ignoring questions don't make them go away.

1) SMC do you have any restrictions to your role? (amount of kills, posting restrictions etc.)

2) If SMC is telling the truth, we are screwed tonight. SMC will die either this day phase or night phase. UNLESS there is another "doctor" that needs to protect SMC tonight. This way, SMC makes a verifiable kill of our choosing to verify his innocence. If not, then we lose our ability to kill rats at night. Unless there is a protector on our side still remaining, it's not good news for SMC.

3) If you killed BG night one, then why haven't there been dead bodies piling up??? Are you telling me the mafia is unable to NK anyone? Or are choosing not to NK? Neither scenario particularly makes sense to me.

If SMC is scum, he'll live past this night phase without verification of his role via a kill, then I think we should lynch him. His life as scum is short-lived if he is one.

I want to know the answers to a lot of things JVoR has brought up. What in hell's name are the actual scum doing, if SMC is telling the truth?

And we still haven't figured out why no one died last night. :confused:

1) I don't have any restrictions (at least not stated in the instructions CTM PM'd me). I think I can kill anyone at night.

2) I know I'm dead tonight, but at least I can still kill a Rat tonight as well (if we agree who it should be).

3) I think the Rats tried to take out either me or EY and Norway protected the right one. I have no clue why there was no NK last night.

Again, if the Roleblocker can block all moves, we should be told of this. It's not in any instructions anywhere.

I personally think Doggin is a Rat Roleblocker, or at least 1 Rat is. I don't think Roleblockers need to be aligned with the Family (town).

I'll take you at your word, reading it again the definition is rather ambiguous:

Roleblocker The Roleblocker can block someone from performing their Night action. This can be beneficial to the Town, if he blocks a Serial Killer or Mafia Godfather for example. It can also hurt the Town though, when he blocks a Cop or a Doc.

If it's a scum role, it would make sense for them to block SMC given the strong hint that he had a role before the night.

Doesn't explain everyone still being here this morning, though.

I think the roleblocker is a Rat in this game.

As to slats' question, why would someone put a block on Doggin (meaning, any action against Doggin NOT any action by Doggin), it would be to block an investigation.

Doggin is a Rat.

By the way, how's this for a try. We whack Doggin and if he's innocent I'll NK myself?

Seriously. I can kill anybody at night, why can't I commit suicide?

I think the roleblocker is a Rat in this game.

As to slats' question, why would someone put a block on Doggin (meaning, any action against Doggin NOT any action by Doggin), it would be to block an investigation.

Doggin is a Rat.

By the way, how's this for a try. We whack Doggin and if he's innocent I'll NK myself?

Seriously. I can kill anybody at night, why can't I commit suicide?

For god's sake, you already killed BG. If you seriously are on the town's side, why would you kill yourself?

None of this makes any sense. Can anybody other than SMC, Doggin, and EY explain how no one died last night?

I've seen it as a townie role too.

But either way, SMC's theory doesn't wash because that's not what a roleblocker does.

Oh, and just to note - still no explanation of how SMC could have thought it was an in-game lie.

Ignoring questions don't make them go away.

If you're referring to the Petrelli thing... Honestly, he didn't play in the first game. I don't know why you keep bringing it up I don't think anyone is biting on it.

There are plenty of reasons to look at SMC very suspiciously right now. Plenty. That one just doesn't do it for me because it's not really relevant to the game.

Archived