Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm by far one of the least computer savvy types on this board, but couldn't anyone produce that screen shot to Chan and then post it for us to see? I didn't read where it was illegal to send fake PM's to the moderator in an effort to sway the vote.

I'm not saying SCM argument isn't growing on me a bit, but this is strictly a tech question, kinda like whats the best HDTV?

I consider that as well. That's why I am cautious to use that as a solid reason

Exactly. Does it really matter why either of them are trying to get the other lynched? Either way, if we lynch the guilty one, it takes 1 lynch to resolve the situation, if we lynch the innocent one, it takes 2 lynches. Like I said, we should be making this decision based on which lynch gives us the most information/upside, and at this point, I still think that would be lynching Doggin.

I think I see the logic in this.

1. If we lynch Doggin, and he's innocent, we automatically know SMC was lying. And we have added evidence against EY.

2. If we lynch SMC, and he's innocent, we don't automatically know Doggin has been lying.

3. If we lynch Doggin, and he's guilty, we're down one scum and know that SMC is very likely telling the truth about being a Vigilante (and have more time to figure that out for sure).

4. If we lynch SMC, and he's guilty, EY looks even worse, but we don't really get anywhere with Doggin because regardless of whether he's right about SMC, people have been finding his extremely aggressive attack of SMC to be suspicious.

I think lynching Doggin brings us closer to figuring out who else is guilty, since we have the guarantee that if he's innocent we know 100% that SMC is lying, and if he's innocent, it's a very strong sign that SMC does have the ability to NK people. To me, lynching SMC at this point doesn't tell us as much.

This bothers me because I think overall SMC has been acting shadier than Doggin. But I really think we stand to gain more information by lynching Doggin.

Vote: Doggin

I think I see the logic in this.

1. If we lynch Doggin, and he's innocent, we automatically know SMC was lying. And we have added evidence against EY.

2. If we lynch SMC, and he's innocent, we don't automatically know Doggin has been lying.

3. If we lynch Doggin, and he's guilty, we're down one scum and know that SMC is very likely telling the truth about being a Vigilante (and have more time to figure that out for sure).

4. If we lynch SMC, and he's guilty, EY looks even worse, but we don't really get anywhere with Doggin because regardless of whether he's right about SMC, people have been finding his extremely aggressive attack of SMC to be suspicious.

I think lynching Doggin brings us closer to figuring out who else is guilty, since we have the guarantee that if he's innocent we know 100% that SMC is lying, and if he's innocent, it's a very strong sign that SMC does have the ability to NK people. To me, lynching SMC at this point doesn't tell us as much.

This bothers me because I think overall SMC has been acting shadier than Doggin. But I really think we stand to gain more information by lynching Doggin.

Vote: Doggin

I meant to say "guilty" there, but can't go back and edit ...

I'll let you off the hook for now.

As for my boy though, the kid is a freak of nature. The doctor commented to my wife yesterday that she was amazed at how strong he was since he is able to hold his head up so well and suggested she starts putting him on his stomach so he can start building up his arm and chest muscles so he can begin working on rolling over from him stomach to his back.

She put him on his stomach for the first time time today and this little freak rolled over from him stomach to his back 3 times! That is a goal that is supposed to be met by the 2-3 month mark. Matthew is 2 weeks and 2 days old!

JMJ = Proud dad. :cheers:

That's awesome and very exciting. It's gets better when their milestones directly results in chores they can can do now. My 13 year old baby Crusher hand split almost an entire chord of wood last summer getting ready for football, I got the idea from watching MMA fighters train.

BUMPED for people still suspicious of me (JVoR, Jets Babe, etc).

BTW, what's the vote? Doggin should be allowed to respond.

I'm the Vigilante, I work for the Family (town). I thought Doggin was a Rat (mafia scum) and I tried to NK him, but was blocked for some reason. I believe Doggin is a Roleblocking Rat.

BTW, this screencap is completely within the rules.

Sorry about that. I thought you could see the page. I instead did a screen shot (which I cropped). Here it is. This is after Doggin wasn't NK and I wanted to confirm that CTM received my NK. He responded that he did receive it but it wasn't successful.

If anyone still doesn't believe me now they are either a Rat or ... you know.

Mafia002.jpg

I'm about ready to vote for Doggin but I'm gonna hold off for the moment. I'm not sure how many votes he has on him now but I want to give him the opportunity to post again before he gets killed.

I believe I was the 5th or 6th vote, so that sounds like a good idea. I felt like after giving my reasoning, I had to vote for him, but I do want to hear from him one more time, after what happened with the last lynch ...

I'm the Vigilante, I work for the Family (town). I thought Doggin was a Rat (mafia scum) and I tried to NK him, but was blocked for some reason. I believe Doggin is a Roleblocking Rat.

I am going to wait for doggin to at least respond first but I agree with dan x's logic here and am leaning towards voting Him. This wagon is forming a little fast and we have not yet heard from everybody.

I am going to wait for doggin to at least respond first but I agree with dan x's logic here and am leaning towards voting Him. This wagon is forming a little fast and we have not yet heard from everybody.

the case is certainly thickening against him. But, no way we should vote him off until he gets a chance to speak up. Don't see any reason for that at all. Besides it's more exciting if he's here in real time to yell at us and tear us apart. Im not one to whack someone without savoring the moment.

I'm by far one of the least computer savvy types on this board, but couldn't anyone produce that screen shot to Chan and then post it for us to see? I didn't read where it was illegal to send fake PM's to the moderator in an effort to sway the vote.

I'm not saying SCM argument isn't growing on me a bit, but this is strictly a tech question, kinda like whats the best HDTV?

I'm ignoring it for those reasons. I honestly don't know what it would take to doctor a screen shot, but I do know that it wouldn't take much to send CTM a PM saying, "as the finder, I want you to investigate x" and then flashing a screenshot of that for all of you to see (if I really knew how to do that I would for dramatic effect here).

But I posted this earlier, in which Doggin describes scum behavior being to distance yourself from other scum, and SMC replying, that's why Bleedin' voted to lynch IJ.

That night IJ died by a bullet.

Pretty good evidence that he could be exactly what he says he is. Still doesn't explain the complete inactivity of the scum overnight - unless they've done something other than go for NK's.

I still tend to think SMC should live for the day. Lynch someone else. My suspicions on Doggin are waning a little just as everyone else's are building it seems, but I could go along with the lynch just to get the solid info it would provide on SMC. Then when we get to the night phase, we openly discuss who SMC should go after and see what happens in the morning.

Please post the uncropped screen cap.

I'm ignoring it for those reasons. I honestly don't know what it would take to doctor a screen shot, but I do know that it wouldn't take much to send CTM a PM saying, "as the finder, I want you to investigate x" and then flashing a screenshot of that for all of you to see (if I really knew how to do that I would for dramatic effect here).

But I posted this earlier, in which Doggin describes scum behavior being to distance yourself from other scum, and SMC replying, that's why Bleedin' voted to lynch IJ.

Pretty good evidence that he could be exactly what he says he is. Still doesn't explain the complete inactivity of the scum overnight - unless they've done something other than go for NK's.

I still tend to think SMC should live for the day. Lynch someone else. My suspicions on Doggin are waning a little just as everyone else's are building it seems, but I could go along with the lynch just to get the solid info it would provide on SMC. Then when we get to the night phase, we openly discuss who SMC should go after and see what happens in the morning.

Sorry.

Meant: That night BG died by a bullet.

oh, and this is for SMC...

I started posting at post number 1015. Right now we're at post 1527. I've had 9 posts in the thread...so technically I've only been involved in 512 posts...that puts me at 9/512 which amounts to about 2% of the posts. Now I know that's not much, but as I said earlier, I have been really trying to read and catch up with the thread. I'm not going to start posting like crazy until I know 100% whats going on...it's not fair that I get thrown into a game midway and then you start jumping on me for not posting as much as I should. Are you friggin serious, I had to catch up and read 1500 posts in a matter of a day.

I think you're just pissed off that you have to defend yourself from getting voted off this round, so you're deferring the attention to someone else. Nice one.

Settle down, settle down.

You're right. You've had a ton of catch-up work to do... And you can't be expected to contribute fully until you're caught up... the post count questions against you are unsubstantiated.

Now that you are basically caught up, we do need to hear from you. Unfortunately, there's not enough info for any innocent in the thread to know 100% what is going on. Only scum knows that.

Are you suspicious of SMC for anything more than the post count comment?

As usual, your thoughts are dead on.

Listen, I'm not going to be around most of the afternoon. I'll check in tonight, when we should likely have heard from Doggin. Don't be fooled by any clever tricks he tries to pull.

Also. If Doggin is killed before I return, please wait before deciding what to do at night with SMC. I'd like the chance to join that conversation.

Doggin is at 6 votes (8 to kill).

I propose that NO ONE ELSE votes for Doggin until he has a chance to state his case.

I also think we should wait for anyone else who hasn't spoken to address what Doggin says

I propose that NO ONE ELSE votes for Doggin until he has a chance to state his case.

I also think we should wait for anyone else who hasn't spoken to address what Doggin says

That's where I stand, I'm not voting.

I'm going to be in and out for the weekend. Got the kids and it's my daughter's 16th birthday. I'm taking her friends out to dinner. Once she wants to get away from her father and hang with her friends tonight, I should be able to be a little more active. I got a new/old guitar on ebay freshly delivered that'll keep my son occupied. :)

Doggin should be back by then.

This was sent to CTM yesterday?

You're an idiot.

If you look at the bottom you'd see that the time I made the screen cap was made at 10:24 PM LAST NIGHT. The message was sent the day before, hence it says YESTERDAY.

I think you should have used a bigger font to show more sincerity

You're an idiot.

If you look at the bottom you'd see that the time I made the screen cap was made at 10:24 PM LAST NIGHT. The message was sent the day before, hence it says YESTERDAY.

CORRECTION.

The message was sent at 1:37 PM yesterday.

I apologize for calling you an idiot.

I AM AN IDIOT.

That's where I stand, I'm not voting.

I'm going to be in and out for the weekend. Got the kids and it's my daughter's 16th birthday. I'm taking her friends out to dinner. Once she wants to get away from her father and hang with her friends tonight, I should be able to be a little more active. I got a new/old guitar on ebay freshly delivered that'll keep my son occupied. :)

Doggin should be back by then.

Similar for me.

Again, apologies for calling you an idiot.

FYI, CTM posted the morning sceen at 1:28 PM yesterday (Post #1206). I PM'd him at 1:37 PM.

Apology accepted. But you may be right. I might still be an idiot. And a clueless one at that. At 1:37pm yesterday you had 2575 posts. You've made 75 posts on JN since then, which would put your total at 2350, but you only have 2592. Perhaps I'm still hungover (actually, I am), but for some reason I'm not processing this. Little help from anyone? :oops:

Apology accepted. But you may be right. I might still be an idiot. And a clueless one at that. At 1:37pm yesterday you had 2575 posts. You've made 75 posts on JN since then, which would put your total at 2350, but you only have 2592. Perhaps I'm still hungover (actually, I am), but for some reason I'm not processing this. Little help from anyone? :oops:

If he made the screenshot last night, wouldn't it show his post count at the moment he made the screenshot? So isn't the 2575 count from last night, not from yesterday afternoon?

If he made the screenshot last night, wouldn't it show his post count at the moment he made the screenshot? So isn't the 2575 count from last night, not from yesterday afternoon?

DING! DING!! DING!!! We have a winner.

A screen shot is a moment in time. The time I took the screen shot was when I had 2575 posts NOT when I sent the PM.

DING! DING!! DING!!! We have a winner.

A screen shot is a moment in time. The time I took the screen shot was when I had 2575 posts NOT when I sent the PM.

I told you I was an idiot. And hung over. :bag:

Archived