Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

One more thing (I said this before, but don't want it to get lost). The town has put too much scrutiny on the people voting for "anyone but Irish", and not enough on people voting for Irish. On any mafia team I played on, all of the mafia would be on Irish's lynch (both because it distances them, superficially, and because the town would expect the mafia to avoid the linkage of having all of the mafia on the same train). My guess is that 3 of the remaining 9 players on Irish's train are mafia, and the finder should concentrate their investigations on those folks.

(Note - none of this is an argument for keeping me alive, so don't bother with the "sure, RAT" comments, SMC. This is purely for when I flip innocent)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boys- I will agree to vote Doggin if we agree on one thing.

SMC kills EY if doggin flips innocent.

I refuse to continue in the game if these 2 are allowed to stick around getting rid of doggin, BG and our doctor... 3 of our strongest players.

How about this: I agree.

Is that enough for you?

How about this: I agree.

Is that enough for you?

You're but one person my friend. I want to see the town act quickly and agree to this. It could be as simple as you saying "Sure, do it" knowing your scum buddy might give you up to keep himself in good standing in the town.

Another good way to judge this guys is if SMC follows through and once again we have no NK then we know for sure he is scum. Although I'm not sure rats can kill amongst themselves? Hmph.

I'll wait to hear back from a few more.

One more thing. If you decide to off me anyway, when I do flip innocent, here are my suggestions:

1) Order SMC to take out Yellin. He won't take out his teammate, and that should confirm that he's scum.

2) The only 2 players I'm absolutely convinced are innocent are Dan X and Vicious. Take that for what its worth

I like this deal.

I like all deals that, between you and me, will never come to fruition because one of the conditions is an impossibility. (that being you flipping innocent)

Boys- I will agree to vote Doggin if we agree on one thing.

SMC kills EY if doggin flips innocent.

I refuse to continue in the game if these 2 are allowed to stick around getting rid of doggin, BG and our doctor... 3 of our strongest players.

I'm completely on board.

i'm not sold on either SMC or doggin, but i don't want to be the one to put the dagger in doggin quite yet.

vote: SMC

it's fine to vote for SMC. But Doggin basically posted his 'give up' post, meaning you're not likely to get any more information.

I agree with this part. There should be more discussion on who to have SMC night kill.

I agree. That's why I think there should be a CONSENSUS.

BTW, I think we should start with people who voted for me in this round. ;D.

I agree with this part. There should be more discussion on who to have SMC night kill.

Pretty much.

You both have me saying I will HAPPILY die for this cause.

If CTM will allow it, I will also ask him to make it official, so that there can be no question that SMC will do it.

He's agreed, and I've agreed. We're both willing to die. 2 for 1, for Doggin.

You both have me saying I will HAPPILY die for this cause.

If CTM will allow it, I will also ask him to make it official, so that there can be no question that SMC will do it.

He's agreed, and I've agreed. We're both willing to die. 2 for 1, for Doggin.

How about if I screen cap my PM to CTM sending in the Night 3 NK?

Crusher, JB, Dan X

How do you feel about the Night move if Doggin flips innocent of taking EY out?

If Doggin flips innocent, are we assuming SMC still has some sort of vigilante/serial killer role? I would believe SMC would be lying about that and his NK attempt on Doggin, unless someone out there still has the ability to protect innocents. (It's possible I'm missing something. I'm sure there are lots of roles I've never heard of.)

But I completely support the idea that we test it out by telling SMC to NK EY. If it doesn't work, we lynch SMC immediately the next day phase.

Next time, the rules should be written more clearly to prohibit the screen shot.

The bottom line is that you're a Rat. You know it.

Your 3 biggest tells for scum in your book are (1) bandwagonning, (2) lying, and (3) defensiveness.

Straight up? The more you type, the less I believe you.

(1) bandwagonning -- When it's not blatant. Hello! What's the sense in bandwagonning if everyone clearly sees it, I'm called on it, and continue to do it.

Whatever the sense in bandwagonning early might've been, had you ceased immediately upon being called on it it certainly would've appeared scummier. At that point, continuing made the best sense.

(2) lying -- What's funny is that you persist in your Peter Petrelli fetish. Get real here. Come on man. It's absurd. I never played the TV Land game. Do you realize that? I didn't follow the thread. Somehow in dogginverse that's a smoking gun.

This means nothing to me either way.

(3) defensiveness -- Hot headed Family vigilante who wants to take out Rats and is frustrated that the Family is twiddling its thumbs while a clear Rat like you still lives.

This is BS, though. I've got a character description in my PM box, too. I'm not "behaving" the way it's writen, I'm behaving like myself. As I expect everyone here is. If you had some sort of posting requirement, that would be a different story - but that's not your story. Your story is that you've somehow taken this role to heart in the way you participate in the game thread? That is WEAK.

Again, the Family whacks me and they pretty much lose the game. Whacking you and me killing a Rat tonight cut the Rats down by 50%. The Rats would be at a 10-2 disadvantage (assuming the Rats take a Family member out tonight).

This post is also amazingly scummy.

First of all, your character as described is dangerous to the family. Your only claimed hit was on an innocent player. Obviously there's no guarantee that you'll hit scum tonight being that you haven't hit scum yet. In essence, you've done the scum's bidding. In no way, shape, or form do I think whacking you cripples our chances to win. Even if you're innocent, whacking you might actually help our chances.

If Doggin flips innocent, are we assuming SMC still has some sort of vigilante/serial killer role? I would believe SMC would be lying about that and his NK attempt on Doggin, unless someone out there still has the ability to protect innocents. (It's possible I'm missing something. I'm sure there are lots of roles I've never heard of.)

But I completely support the idea that we test it out by telling SMC to NK EY. If it doesn't work, we lynch SMC immediately the next day phase.

Again. As the victim of this deal. I accept it.

SMC and I are offering you a 2:1. If Doggin is innocent (no chance) then you'll kill the guy who offed your Dr, and scum. That sounds good to me.

slats, if you're in favor, you can cast the vote as well. Your posts seem more confident in Doggin's guilt than Vics, so, you can probably do it with more ease.

is there something you would like to share with the rest of us? I for one think it is entirely possible doggin is guilty.

Yep.

Shutout seemed scummy to me. JB has his role. This is my post Irish-whack post:

In it's simplest form, look at all those that did not vote for Irish and instead voted for others on the final vote:

JMJ (1) Irish

Jets Things (1) Sharrow,

SMC (4) Dan X, Doggin94it, Shutout, Crusher,

WoodyPaige (1) JT

Sharrow (1) Norway

I believe Norway switched from Sharrow and voted for me at the end so the official, unofficial numbers are:

JMJ (1) Irish

Jets Things (1) Sharrow,

SMC (5) Dan X, Doggin94it, Shutout, Crusher, Norway

WoodyPaige (1) JT

Pay close attention to the 5 who voted for me and refushed to switch. They all believed that me admittedly bandwagonning was somehow more scummy than Irish doing the total John Kerry, attacking JMJ for claiming ignorance and then using the same excuse for himself. When he didn't defend himself for SEVEN HOURS, those 5 still kept their vote on me.

In a game of 18 there are likely 4 to 5 rats. 1 is dead leaving 3 or 4. I'm pretty confident that most of the rats voted for me.

Shutout followed Doggin. We were wrong on Norway, but it's an interesting duo of Shutout and Doggin. Crusher too?

Interesting.

slats, if you're in favor, you can cast the vote as well. Your posts seem more confident in Doggin's guilt than Vics, so, you can probably do it with more ease.

Slats is ready to vote for me it seems.

Not sure, To be honest, I really think Doggin will flip innocent...but not so sure about taking EY out.

I'm torn on Doggin, but I'm down with the plan to whack him.

EY has plainly made his case against him. He's also put himself on the block. I don't think we should need anything else. If Doggin flips innocent, EY is dangerous - plain and simple. He's gotta go next if that's the case. After leading us on a surpisingly successful first lynch, he'll have led us to kill the lawyer and an asset to the town (again, if innocent) in Doggin. We'd be fools to trust his instincts in this game any further.

Why is this guy so untouchable? He led us to lynch our doctor and then was the main defender of scum who cost us another one of our stronger players. Just stating the facts here.

Slats is ready to vote for me it seems.

I think the family would also be foolish to keep you around much longer. But I've been consistent in that I think you should make it thru this day.

vote: Doggin

Why is this guy so untouchable? He led us to lynch our doctor and then was the main defender of scum who cost us another one of our stronger players. Just stating the facts here.

As I said, Vicious, I agree to whack EY and post a screenshot of my PM to CTM.

When did I say EY was untouchable? And how quickly everyone forgets Irish.

I'm torn on Doggin, but I'm down with the plan to whack him.

EY has plainly made his case against him. He's also put himself on the block. I don't think we should need anything else. If Doggin flips innocent, EY is dangerous - plain and simple. He's gotta go next if that's the case. After leading us on a surpisingly successful first lynch, he'll have led us to kill the lawyer and an asset to the town (again, if innocent) in Doggin. We'd be fools to trust his instincts in this game any further.

You're 100% right.

There are only 3 players dead. I am willing to sacrifice my life RIGHT NOW, with 15 left. Would this really be worth it so early in the game. Doggin is a good player, but he's not worth my life to take down if I had malicious intent. In fact, If I were on that side, I would have NK'd him already and we wouldn't be having this conversation... That would have been much easier.

Archived