Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

I have to say, the "vote for the inactive guy" rational still bugs me with the early on in the game. I guess it goes to the idea that less experienced players who are the mafia want to lay low. But more often than not, somepeople check out fo a while.

That said, I'd vote for JVor for the heck of it just to flesh him out and get his ideas. So, what the heck ...

Vote: JVor

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep, you guys played him like a puppet and jackass CTM kept laughing and saying I am not taking anyone for a ride when I would call him out for it.

The funny thing is, you and him were my 2 favorite scummy bastards after I found about CTM, I even suggested going after you two when I died. JVOR in the long run hurt the town last game. He kept asking for your opinion on everything before he would make moves. Eventhough I was wrong about him being scum, it almost would have behoved the town to vote him off because he was playing right into your guys hands.

No offense JVOR.

Insulting the mod is not a good idea. Ever hear of a modkill?

phagjerk

Agreed, would just like to hear from him. Its only two votes, if it were more I wouldn't have even voted for him. Its a little suspicious, but nothing serious, and no offense to JVOR, but going off my earlier comments, he was kind of taken for a ride by CTM and myself the entire last game. At the very least nothing wrong with keeping him on his toes. At least I'm not just voting someone because they won the last two games. :biggrin:

Its also tough to get things going early in day one unless/until someone slips up.

Hey I was in that equation as well.

Still he's played enough games to realize now that lying low (if scum) is a tried and true strategy. I'd like to hear from him first before casting any vote.

Agreed, would just like to hear from him. Its only two votes, if it were more I wouldn't have even voted for him. Its a little suspicious, but nothing serious, and no offense to JVOR, but going off my earlier comments, he was kind of taken for a ride by CTM and myself the entire last game. At the very least nothing wrong with keeping him on his toes. At least I'm not just voting someone because they won the last two games. :biggrin:

Its also tough to get things going early in day one unless/until someone slips up.

I should vote for you, you miserable POS. :box: You snuck me two games in a friggin row. :Nuts: (psst...you're the green one)

I probably can't post again until tonight. For the future, Mondays tend to be very busy for me.

I'm not comfortable voting for anyone right now, especially since we haven't heard yet from JVoR. If I had to pick someone it would be slats because he's been so vocal (and borderline pushy) for a newbie. But for now I'll buy that he's simply very enthusiastic. So no vote for the moment.

LOL at the voting for BG. I'll always be very suspicious of him as I will with CTM, Doggin, EY etc. That being said I wont vote him for the sake of it.

There's nothing to do here but grasp at straws and I HATE voting for people without something to really go by.

It's the first day. We don't have much. Unvote Bleedin

vote Irish. Sounds a little too sympathetic to be part of "The Family" Do you like cheese?

I was going to say the same thing. His strategy last game was a disaster, so I wouldn't be shocked if he decided to do less talking this time around. I think it would be equally suspicious if he were blindly acting the same way he did last time, knowing how that strategy failed. Either way, it would be good to hear what he's thinking.

No kidding. JVOR's constant presser and Jet Things coming back from the dead, kept me from completely commiting to Bleedin. I kinda blew it for the town. But his inactivity today may be something else. He'd be a bad player to lose. IMO

I will be on now and back tonight. I will be scarce at the office(till 7) because I have a couple employees out this week.

Slats' comment about a serial killer is a bit interesting. On the one hand he probably did just do his research on the game and was mentioning one of the roles he read about.

On the other hand there are 18 players in this game as opposed the the usual 16 so we can't even make a safe assumption about how many rats we've got, much less whether or not there's a serial killer.

I'm glad we've taken note of JVOR's noticable absence, however considering how slow its been the first few days of the game its possible he was just waiting for everyone else to show up and start participating?

I definitely think he's worthy of some pressure considering his activity in the previous 2 games but I don't want Slats' comment to slide on by. Multiple trains I would think would be the right move here

Slats' comment about a serial killer is a bit interesting. On the one hand he probably did just do his research on the game and was mentioning one of the roles he read about.

On the other hand there are 18 players in this game as opposed the the usual 16 so we can't even make a safe assumption about how many rats we've got, much less whether or not there's a serial killer.

I'm glad we've taken note of JVOR's noticable absence, however considering how slow its been the first few days of the game its possible he was just waiting for everyone else to show up and start participating?

I definitely think he's worthy of some pressure considering his activity in the previous 2 games but I don't want Slats' comment to slide on by. Multiple trains I would think would be the right move here

Yeah, I don't really see much of anything in Slats posts. Just seems like eagerness.....

Yeah, I don't really see much of anything in Slats posts. Just seems like eagerness.....

Agreed on Slats. I suppose it could be worth keeping an eye on, but if he knew something why would he reveal it this early on, as he's a new player I believe?

Lots of people coming to Slats defense...hmmm.

JVOR was here, JVOR is gone.

Good luck with that buddy, sounds like a bum deal.

That's a very good point, especially since most of the defenders are new - we may have an inexperienced mafia team tying themselves together (I can't see Norway doing that, though). Lynching Slats might be the right move, since if he's guilty it opens up new avenues of analysis.

vote: Slats

It's the first day. We don't have much. Unvote Bleedin

vote Irish. Sounds a little too sympathetic to be part of "The Family" Do you like cheese?

LOL, WTF?

I hate going after people early when there's very little to go by, especially when there's no random lynch involved. I know it's the first day and all but I'm not going to lynch someone just for the sake of it, it can end in disaster.

I personally don't see much in what either Slats or JVOR (Although I would like to see him more active) have done to justify lynching them at this point.

Vote Count

Slats (3) EY, Doggin, JMJ

JVOR (3) JIF, Bleedin', SMC

IrishJet (1) Crusher

With 18 alive it takes 10 to whack

Damn, if you guys go thru with this, I want a guaranteed spot in the next game!

That's a very good point, especially since most of the defenders are new - we may have an inexperienced mafia team tying themselves together (I can't see Norway doing that, though). Lynching Slats might be the right move, since if he's guilty it opens up new avenues of analysis.

vote: Slats

What avenue opens up when I turn up innocent? - which I absolutely will.

If you decide to get that far, take another look at the guys defending me early - because they are most likely not part of the rat pack. Meanwhile, they're very happy with you doing their dirty work for them.

LOL, WTF?

I hate going after people early when there's very little to go by, especially when there's no random lynch involved. I know it's the first day and all but I'm not going to lynch someone just for the sake of it, it can end in disaster.

I personally don't see much in what either Slats or JVOR (Although I would like to see him more active) have done to justify lynching them at this point.

I'm not sure anyone is looking for a lynch so much as applying pressure to the 2 of them. JVOR hadn't posted much yet, which is odd considering the 1st 2 games he probably had the most posts of everyone who played. He came by and has since explained it. Slats' comment about having an idea about the structure of the game and how a serial killer fits in was interesting. As a few have said (including me) odds are he was just eager to get going and was sharing an initial thought he had after researching the game, but to say something like that on day 1 when we have absolutely nothing to go on is gonna bring some pressure on you.

I wouldn't advocate lynching either of them just yet as I too would like more info, but I don't see the harm of a few pressuring votes going out there on day one. How else do you expect to get a read on things?

I've got a couple ideas about how the game might be set up, too, including the "serial killer," angle. Seems this game construction could easily lend itself to a rogue murderer.

Well, I was thinking the game balance thing and the fact that a side killer makes the game more interesting. I'd watch out for two distinct MO's when bodies start showing up in the morning - a la game #1.

And also this...

Which could be general paranoia, or foreshadowing.

There's been a lot of spammy posts in this thread and this is the only thing that stands out to me right now. It's not so much odd that he brings up the idea of a serial killer (although as far as I can tell there was no indication for there being one) it's mostly the bolded statements that bugs me. Saying "i'd watch out for" something when the reason is cause of "balance" and to make the game "interesting" or because of "general paranoia" doesn't sit right to me.

It's not incredibly much, and it's been well documented that I've been wrong a lot with my scumdar, but I think it's best if Slats gives us his "couple ideas" of how the game is setup.

As for me, the first couple days was the weekend and everyone was away. There really wasn't much of a game to start. This morning was sh!t. I get an email from the hospital saying that the request for further government funding had been declined and that they were "regretfully informing you that we must rescind our offer." Now I have to go back to the hospitals I declined offers to for spots that have already filled up by other applicants. I got screwed over royally. Now I'm freaking out that I don't know what i'm going to do.

IMO, with so many players it's hard to keep track of all the inactive posters. I think since there is no deadline we shouldn't rush to lynch anybody right away. The odds of lynching a mafia member is not great on day 1, so I think we should focus as much as possible on getting people to contribute. Today was an aberration, I'm hopefully going to be myself for the rest of the game. The email today was a bit of a bombshell. I'm determined not to get fooled by anybody this game so I'm not assuming innocent on anybody until it's 100% confirmed.

I'm not sure anyone is looking for a lynch so much as applying pressure to the 2 of them. JVOR hadn't posted much yet, which is odd considering the 1st 2 games he probably had the most posts of everyone who played. He came by and has since explained it. Slats' comment about having an idea about the structure of the game and how a serial killer fits in was interesting. As a few have said (including me) odds are he was just eager to get going and was sharing an initial thought he had after researching the game, but to say something like that on day 1 when we have absolutely nothing to go on is gonna bring some pressure on you.

I wouldn't advocate lynching either of them just yet as I too would like more info, but I don't see the harm of a few pressuring votes going out there on day one. How else do you expect to get a read on things?

I know how and why people vote for them, but in a game like this I don't see what the problem is with waiting and acquiring even more info, especially from those who have been inactive. I just don't get the rush.

There's been a lot of spammy posts in this thread and this is the only thing that stands out to me right now. It's not so much odd that he brings up the idea of a serial killer (although as far as I can tell there was no indication for there being one) it's mostly the bolded statements that bugs me. Saying "i'd watch out for" something when the reason is cause of "balance" and to make the game "interesting" or because of "general paranoia" doesn't sit right to me.

It's not incredibly much, and it's been well documented that I've been wrong a lot with my scumdar, but I think it's best if Slats gives us his "couple ideas" of how the game is setup.

I'm inexperienced, but I'm not stupid. If I was scum, why would I bring up the idea of extra scum? How would it help me or my team? Or if was given the rogue type role I speculated on early (while absolutely nothing was going on in here, I might add) why would I possibly bring THAT up? I'm actually very curious about this, as I am inexperienced at the game.

And I already stated that my main reason for such an idea is that there's 18 players in this game, which will not allow a "standard" 25% scum level. So to balance it out more, Some sort of "serial killer"-type role would fit that bill.

I also think the fine gentlemen who set up these games want to put together intereresting scenarios. I don't see any Bob Doles in this game, and I don't expect anyone to come back to life once their dead. So I expect other twists. I could see a character who's part of the mafia -therefore hates the snitch- but is also out to take the family over for himself in that "serial killer" mode. But that's overactive imagination (perhaps), not guilt. Because if I'm scum, I'm dumb scum.

I'm innocent, boys. Again, check the guys who defended me early when I'm gone, because they're likely to be innocent, too. Meanwhile, a couple experienced guys are looking to railroad me right off with some severely flawed logic if you ask me. Might want to take a second look at them if I take a bullet in the head today, too.

I know how and why people vote for them, but in a game like this I don't see what the problem is with waiting and acquiring even more info, especially from those who have been inactive. I just don't get the rush.

Well, if you can get some quick info from putting people's feet the fire, why not do it? What better way to get this going early, especially in a game this size?

Vote - Irish

Just curious how do you plan on getting info from people if they are not voting?

I'm inexperienced, but I'm not stupid. If I was scum, why would I bring up the idea of extra scum? How would it help me or my team? Or if was given the rogue type role I speculated on early (while absolutely nothing was going on in here, I might add) why would I possibly bring THAT up? I'm actually very curious about this, as I am inexperienced at the game.

And I already stated that my main reason for such an idea is that there's 18 players in this game, which will not allow a "standard" 25% scum level. So to balance it out more, Some sort of "serial killer"-type role would fit that bill.

I also think the fine gentlemen who set up these games want to put together intereresting scenarios. I don't see any Bob Doles in this game, and I don't expect anyone to come back to life once their dead. So I expect other twists. I could see a character who's part of the mafia -therefore hates the snitch- but is also out to take the family over for himself in that "serial killer" mode. But that's overactive imagination (perhaps), not guilt. Because if I'm scum, I'm dumb scum.

I'm innocent, boys. Again, check the guys who defended me early when I'm gone, because they're likely to be innocent, too. Meanwhile, a couple experienced guys are looking to railroad me right off with some severely flawed logic if you ask me. Might want to take a second look at them if I take a bullet in the head today, too.

The point is that as an inexperienced player, you may have made a mistake. In the first game that Doggin introduced to us, one player said something a long the lines of 'the 4 mafia members'. Doggin never told us how many members there were, so how did he have this information?

Much like this game, there was no mention of a serial killer.

The case against you isn't strong, but you tell me who I should put my vote on? I don't have anything else right now. For that reason, I didn't campaign against you, I simply put my vote there. Unlike LilMick, and unlike the guy from our first game.

Archived