Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

I said that was only based on the Irish/Norway voting patterns ... you're still my actual top suspect. ;)

And I agree with JiF. Even though he makes good points and AVM's posts don't add up, we already have 5 votes now, so I think it's best to wait for AVM.

I'm 2nd in your post above. ;)

Sorry all. Super busy at work today (haven't even taken a lunch).

I read and caught up and I'm going to bandwagon on AVM.

1. His posts do look scummy like all of you have already pointed out.

2. We need to move the game forward from all the weirdness that went on over the weekend and whacking the (only) person who really has a case against him at this point is a good step forward.

Vote: AVM

Wtf, we can't catch a break. Anyway, now that we're past the SMC/Doggin drama, I agree with going back and looking at the last two votes. This is the scummiest thing involving those two votes that I've seen. ATM dropped the hammer on Norway, then he posted this right after.

I mean, no **** it was fast, you were the hammer, right?

I've already stated I accept responsibility for it, what I was referring to was it seemed like to me people jumped on REAL fast. I felt like EY had substantial evidence when I jumped on, but the fact that people (including those who have been around a long time) DIDN'T wait was disturbing.

\

Jetsbabe took over for shut out and she really hasn't put too much into the game yet. She has the built in excuse of having to catch up, but it's been a bit and she seems to be very tentative compared to her usual flamboyant boisterous style. She is one of those players that seems scum when she's not.

AVM he has a couple of very interestingly timed votes that scream he knows something, but Im not sure it's necessairly something bad. Or anti family in this case.

Woody has been all over the place and just lurking without saying much.

Know something--kinda sorta, Im not sure what I know, but I'm more than willing to share here in a sec.

Unvote: AVM

Lets hear him talk first .... jeez....

LOL, seriously--it almost happened again. The funny thing is the same thing I'm being stoned for (saying it, but voting anyways), at least 2-3 people have done so far.

So, with it this close and no one else even close, I suppose I have no choice but to role reveal. I'm the ever-talked about RoleBlocker Eddie Cavatelli, a townie with a role. Night 1 after following where most of you guys were going, I blocked Doggin', following by EY the 2nd and 3rd nights.

My "brilliant idea," as Sharrow put it, is that one--unless the Mafia was actually trying to throw us off (which I disagree with), Doggin' and EY are both scum. My thought is that 1, if Doggin' was the first night and was successfully blocked, they wouldn't send him back the 2nd night, instead someone else (who I peg as EY). This is why I was asking the questions about how scum voting or what not works early on (back to the end of the first night).

Before BG came up as one of "ours" I thought I had straight up failed. Then last night, I was thinking maybe with what Doggin' said, the mafia would continue "failing" as maybe the interesting setup was that each night the mafia gets a suspect list longer? Until they can bring everyone in at once (it seemed to make sense at the time). Obviously having brought in the "cop," that is not the case....

So...with that vote me off if you want, it most likely wont matter now, as I'll be brought in during the night session unless I can block the right one (which admittedly, would be sheer luck at this point). I at least wanted to get my thoughts out so you guys have something to work off of if I'm taken out during the day.

Night 1 I think I was the target.

Night 2 I don't know? There's been talk of a roleblocker on scum side, could there be one on the towns side?

Night 3 Jets Things was arrested.

I hate to say it, but I have to think 'dumb luck' for now. I've never seen anything where scum could find players, they already have a great ability... NK.

It's very possible you were the target Night 1. Just seems sort of weird, considering how obvious it was that you had doctor protection. I suppose it's also possible they chose not to NK anyone to confuse us (also weird, why not take advantage of an NK opportunity)? Or that you, being scum, chose not to NK anyone to make yourself look like the target (equally weird scenario - again, why not NK someone else if you had the chance to)?

As for Night 2, wouldn't things be too much in the town's favor if we started out with a doctor and roleblocker? CTM didn't know our doctor would be lynched the second day.

It seems to me that with our doctor, cop, and possible vigilante dead already, we should be in a bigger hole than we are now. How easy things will be if we're right about AVM (which confuses me, because I feel like we are right about him).

LOL, wow, I spend like 5 minutes away and he's almost dead.

Let him talk first guys. Don't be swayed easily, and don't be surprised by some BS "role reveal".

Lol, didn't see this until after I started that whole post--but take it as BS if you want. You guys have the info once you off me and see I'm pro-family regardless, and hopefully it can help somewhat.

It's very possible you were the target Night 1. Just seems sort of weird, considering how obvious it was that you had doctor protection. I suppose it's also possible they chose not to NK anyone to confuse us (also weird, why not take advantage of an NK opportunity)? Or that you, being scum, chose not to NK anyone to make yourself look like the target (equally weird scenario - again, why not NK someone else if you had the chance to)?

As for Night 2, wouldn't things be too much in the town's favor if we started out with a doctor and roleblocker? CTM didn't know our doctor would be lynched the second day.

It seems to me that with our doctor, cop, and possible vigilante dead already, we should be in a bigger hole than we are now. How easy things will be if we're right about AVM (which confuses me, because I feel like we are right about him).

You guys aren't right--and with increased posting during a time I don't usually post (which I admit to), isn't going to help prove that.

Putting myself in your situation, now that you have all that I have to say I'd probably lynch me still anyways. If I turn up innocent, you can use what I said. If not, you've taken out one more scum. (again, this is another "scummy" thing to say as some would say it...so...take that as you will)

I like that you're thinking... but something like you suggested has never happened before, and also would be completely unfair. They would do this every single time and the roles would be nearly useless.

early in the game, Sharrow postsed this link with some role definitions: http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php?topic=23116.0%3Bwap2

One of them is: Roled Mafia A Mafia player, who also has special abilities, usually not kill based. Examples inculde; Mafia Doc/Cop/Roleblocker or other Mafia specific role (IE A role which makes a townie appear guilty)

So it wouldn't be completely unheard of.

I don't buy the idea of dumb luck for two nights without an arrest. I think something else is up.

I'm waiting to hear from AVM, but while we do, I'd love to hear this case against Crusher, too.

I've already stated I accept responsibility for it, what I was referring to was it seemed like to me people jumped on REAL fast. I felt like EY had substantial evidence when I jumped on, but the fact that people (including those who have been around a long time) DIDN'T wait was disturbing.

Know something--kinda sorta, Im not sure what I know, but I'm more than willing to share here in a sec.

LOL, seriously--it almost happened again. The funny thing is the same thing I'm being stoned for (saying it, but voting anyways), at least 2-3 people have done so far.

So, with it this close and no one else even close, I suppose I have no choice but to role reveal. I'm the ever-talked about RoleBlocker Eddie Cavatelli, a townie with a role. Night 1 after following where most of you guys were going, I blocked Doggin', following by EY the 2nd and 3rd nights.

My "brilliant idea," as Sharrow put it, is that one--unless the Mafia was actually trying to throw us off (which I disagree with), Doggin' and EY are both scum. My thought is that 1, if Doggin' was the first night and was successfully blocked, they wouldn't send him back the 2nd night, instead someone else (who I peg as EY). This is why I was asking the questions about how scum voting or what not works early on (back to the end of the first night).

Before BG came up as one of "ours" I thought I had straight up failed. Then last night, I was thinking maybe with what Doggin' said, the mafia would continue "failing" as maybe the interesting setup was that each night the mafia gets a suspect list longer? Until they can bring everyone in at once (it seemed to make sense at the time). Obviously having brought in the "cop," that is not the case....

So...with that vote me off if you want, it most likely wont matter now, as I'll be brought in during the night session unless I can block the right one (which admittedly, would be sheer luck at this point). I at least wanted to get my thoughts out so you guys have something to work off of if I'm taken out during the day.

This is really interesting. Might be at least a step forward in figuring out what's been happening at night to have no NKs. Seems like it could be the most plausible explanation I've heard so far ... although I still don't understand why CTM would give us both a doctor and a roleblocker? That part confuses me still. Has anyone here played a game before where this existed?

So, with it this close and no one else even close, I suppose I have no choice but to role reveal.

Can't say I didn't see this coming.

I'm the ever-talked about RoleBlocker Eddie Cavatelli, a townie with a role. Night 1 after following where most of you guys were going, I blocked Doggin', following by EY the 2nd and 3rd nights.

A 'role-blocker' is not a 'follower'. But notice how he capitalized on my idea of 'town roleblocker'. Also, if he's the 'role-blocker' and didn't block SMC, then how does it explain Doggin still being alive the next morning after SMC claimed to have shot him? There's no explanation. When there's no explanation, it's a lie.

So, you're saying I killed off one of my own, then tried to kill of another 2 days later. That, I wouldn't wait it out a bit?

You've just said yourself that Doggin was mafia, so, that means you agree with SMC. So, I aligned myself with SMC, who basically cripples your entire case based on the bolded above.

Meaningless...

Sorry. No explanation on how SMC failed to kill Doggin means that your concept is a failure.

Guys, we expected a role reveal. I didn't think it would be that easy. Follow the trail of BS. It's an easy one. No roleblock on SMC means Doggin is dead at night. That didn't happen. End of story.

Question time.

The only time I have ever seen a roleblocker in a game was when it was a member of the mafia. I don't get how it would work as a standalone role.

I guess if you guess right it would be effectively be a second doctor? Then why not have two doctors?

If you do select right and block scum does it effect the whole team? in other words do you have to select the guy who sends the pm that night in order for the block to be successful?

Makes no sense to me.

I dont get it. There is a team of mafia, you only blocked Doggin, how does that block the entire mafia from getting a kill?

Sorry. No explanation on how SMC failed to kill Doggin means that your concept is a failure.

Guys, we expected a role reveal. I didn't think it would be that easy. Follow the trail of BS. It's an easy one. No roleblock on SMC means Doggin is dead at night. That didn't happen. End of story.

Unless SMC was lying.

Night 1 after following where most of you guys were going, I blocked Doggin', following by EY the 2nd and 3rd nights.

This is really interesting. Might be at least a step forward in figuring out what's been happening at night to have no NKs. Seems like it could be the most plausible explanation I've heard so far ...

Doesn't seem to explain it to me. He blocked EY the last two nights, one night they do nothing, the other night they get a kill.