Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

Can't say I didn't see this coming.

A 'role-blocker' is not a 'follower'. But notice how he capitalized on my idea of 'town roleblocker'. Also, if he's the 'role-blocker' and didn't block SMC, then how does it explain Doggin still being alive the next morning after SMC claimed to have shot him? There's no explanation. When there's no explanation, it's a lie.

So, you're saying I killed off one of my own, then tried to kill of another 2 days later. That, I wouldn't wait it out a bit?

You've just said yourself that Doggin was mafia, so, that means you agree with SMC. So, I aligned myself with SMC, who basically cripples your entire case based on the bolded above.

Meaningless...

Sorry. No explanation on how SMC failed to kill Doggin means that your concept is a failure.

Guys, we expected a role reveal. I didn't think it would be that easy. Follow the trail of BS. It's an easy one. No roleblock on SMC means Doggin is dead at night. That didn't happen. End of story.

I thought people were thinking Doggin was scum with the ability to roleblock, which he used on SMC. AVM is claiming to be townie with the ability to roleblock. Could they both be roleblockers (just working on different sides)?

My "brilliant idea," as Sharrow put it, is that one--unless the Mafia was actually trying to throw us off (which I disagree with), Doggin' and EY are both scum. My thought is that 1, if Doggin' was the first night and was successfully blocked, they wouldn't send him back the 2nd night, instead someone else (who I peg as EY). This is why I was asking the questions about how scum voting or what not works early on (back to the end of the first night).

Before BG came up as one of "ours" I thought I had straight up failed. Then last night, I was thinking maybe with what Doggin' said, the mafia would continue "failing" as maybe the interesting setup was that each night the mafia gets a suspect list longer? Until they can bring everyone in at once (it seemed to make sense at the time). Obviously having brought in the "cop," that is not the case....

So...with that vote me off if you want, it most likely wont matter now, as I'll be brought in during the night session unless I can block the right one (which admittedly, would be sheer luck at this point). I at least wanted to get my thoughts out so you guys have something to work off of if I'm taken out during the day.

I dont get it. There is a team of mafia, you only blocked Doggin, how does that block the entire mafia from getting a kill?

Sorry about this, it got weird....the bold is my question.

I thought people were thinking Doggin was scum with the ability to roleblock, which he used on SMC. AVM is claiming to be townie with the ability to roleblock. Could they both be roleblockers (just working on different sides)?

It is possible but we won't know now. Also Doggin didn't have to be the roleblocker. It could have been any of the scum.

Unless SMC was lying.

If SMC was lying, then that means that he was scum too. So, according to the model, after killing Irish, Night 1... The scum team of me, smc, and doggin decided we would all bring ourselves forward and fight it out.

With the assumption of 5 mafia, why would we kill one, then put 3 others in the crossfire on day 3? It's too enormous a risk.

Question time.

The only time I have ever seen a roleblocker in a game was when it was a member of the mafia. I don't get how it would work as a standalone role.

I guess if you guess right it would be effectively be a second doctor? Then why not have two doctors?

If you do select right and block scum does it effect the whole team? in other words do you have to select the guy who sends the pm that night in order for the block to be successful?

Makes no sense to me.

Agreed, you just answered my question...and along with what EY just posted...

Vote: AVM

If SMC was lying, then that means that he was scum too. So, according to the model, after killing Irish, Night 1... The scum team of me, smc, and doggin decided we would all bring ourselves forward and fight it out.

With the assumption of 5 mafia, why would we kill one, then put 3 others in the crossfire on day 3? It's too enormous a risk.

I don't think he was lying. Just playing devils advocate here.

Doesn't seem to explain it to me. He blocked EY the last two nights, one night they do nothing, the other night they get a kill.

Ah, I thought he was saying that by blocking EY the scum were unable to NK. I've been fuzzy on whether all members of the mafia get to submit NKs and the first person wins, or whether the mafia have a "spokesperson" who submits NKs on behalf of the mafia (which is what I thought he was saying EY was). I didn't want to ask this question before to look too dumb, but there it is. :oops:

A 'role-blocker' is not a 'follower'. But notice how he capitalized on my idea of 'town roleblocker'. Also, if he's the 'role-blocker' and didn't block SMC, then how does it explain Doggin still being alive the next morning after SMC claimed to have shot him? There's no explanation. When there's no explanation, it's a lie.

Guys, we expected a role reveal. I didn't think it would be that easy. Follow the trail of BS. It's an easy one. No roleblock on SMC means Doggin is dead at night. That didn't happen. End of story.

SMC posted his PM from CTM. In it, it said for him to submit a name and "we'll do our best to put him in the river." or something like that. Seems to me it's possible that part of the vigilante's role could be that he wouldn't be successful 100% of the time.

I'll try and get this out before Im dead. My only explanation for SMC is that some other kind of roleblocker or mafia roleplayer had a hand in it. I don't claim to have blocked him.

BE WARY OF EY. He's now gone strong after the doc(which I followed), and with the Doc gone, I may be the last role player of the town(Im not sure, just guessing).

I'm sorry my noobness and business held you guys back this game. I learned a lot, and after a game off or so to learn more, I hope I'll play better next time. *and I say this hoping it gets turned around...but realistic**

Hmm. His explanation seems to be flawed. I'm keeping my vote on. I could be totally wrong at which point myself and you probably become the biggest suspects.

SMC posted his PM from CTM. In it, it said for him to submit a name and "we'll do our best to put him in the river." or something like that. Seems to me it's possible that part of the vigilante's role could be that he wouldn't be successful 100% of the time.

Indeed. And I'm not going to post the PM exactly as it says. I will tell you that no where on there does it say or imply mine is sometimes ineffective.

Yes. But, that's because perhaps there is a 'mafia roleblocker'. And that person is AVM. He's now claiming to be on the town side.

As woody pointed out. This would be the first time there EVER was a town role blocker. We've had a mafia role-blocker twice I believe. Doggin knew SMC was coming for him (it was obvious), so whichever one is the roleblocker blocked him. Then, with this idea in tow, they decided they would flip it and use it as a town role.

• Role manipulators - "Role-blocker", "Bus Driver", "Thief", "Barman", etc.

These roles can stop or alter the night actions of others; for instance, they may prevent a protection or investigation from occurring, or they may change the target. The "Role-blocker" can block the Vigilante for a night,[32] while the "Thief" or "Prostitute" might be able to disable the powers of any selected target.[33]

Note, this is Role-blocker from the wiki... it even specifically states a block from a vigilante. No mention of anything pro town.

Hmm. His explanation seems to be flawed. I'm keeping my vote on. I could be totally wrong at which point myself and you probably become the biggest suspects.

It's crossed my mind a couple times that since you two are on such opposite sides, you BOTH may be scum...but I will say I've felt more certain you weren't (not doing that to get your vote, as I doubt it makes a difference regardless).

Just sayin' that for the future. Keep in mind, opposite sides of the arguement doesn't NECESSARILY equal different sides of the battle.

Yes. But, that's because perhaps there is a 'mafia roleblocker'. And that person is AVM. He's now claiming to be on the town side.

As woody pointed out. This would be the first time there EVER was a town role blocker. We've had a mafia role-blocker twice I believe. Doggin knew SMC was coming for him (it was obvious), so whichever one is the roleblocker blocked him. Then, with this idea in tow, they decided they would flip it and use it as a town role.

Note, this is Role-blocker from the wiki... it even specifically states a block from a vigilante. No mention of anything pro town.

We've already been told this is a different setup, and from Doggin' specifically it's "interesting." And he's someone who's played a lot, so take that as you will

We've already been told this is a different setup, and from Doggin' specifically it's "interesting." And he's someone who's played a lot, so take that as you will

Also, don't forget to go back and look at the Cops posts. Perhaps we can pick up on some subtle hints he may have tried and dropped before he got taken out.

You are dead now with JVOR dropping the hammer, but if you are telling the truth, you didnt really answer EY's or WP's questions.

Your story has too many holes.

Ok, people have done a good job of pointing out flaws in AVM's role reveal. And I still don't think it makes sense to have a doctor and a roleblocker on our side.

Darn, it's just so tempting to believe him ... I was hoping we finally had an answer for the lack of night kills.

I'm not sold either way, just pointing it out.

If he did block SMC, why wouldn't he say that he did? He described his role as being able to block anyone, mafia or town, and blocking SMC two nights ago wouldn't've been a bad move from a townie perspective, either. In fact, if he's lying the smart lie would be to claim blocking SMC to help his case that his role even exists.

For everyone wondering why people who were supposed to be NK'd sometimes weren't, what do you think the chances of some people having a protection built into their role that can block a certain amount (or at least one) NK?

Could sound like an off the wall idea, but has there ever been something like that in games past?

Final Vote Count

AVM (7) Sharrow, EY, Vic, Woody, JMJ, Jif, JVOR

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to whack

scene coming..

It could be interesting to keep an eye on the precinct number, since EY said he doesn't think it's random ...

Ok, people have done a good job of pointing out flaws in AVM's role reveal. And I still don't think it makes sense to have a doctor and a roleblocker on our side.

Darn, it's just so tempting to believe him ... I was hoping we finally had an answer for the lack of night kills.

Teams make kills. Blocking one member shouldn't stop the whole team. It kinda doesn't make sense, as was pointed out.

You are dead now with JVOR dropping the hammer, but if you are telling the truth, you didnt really answer EY's or WP's questions.

Your story has too many holes.

Not enough time to answer all the questions boss man, sorry.

Here's one from that site I quoted earlier:

Roleblocker The Roleblocker can block someone from performing their Night action. This can be beneficial to the Town, if he blocks a Serial Killer or Mafia Godfather for example. It can also hurt the Town though, when he blocks a Cop or a Doc.

Exactly as AVM described it.

Haha, too late boss man, too late. Again, guys, I apologize I played so poorly. I learned a lot...hope you'll let me try again in the future.

CTM hasn't killed you yet. If my vote was in prior (which it was) it should keep you afloat.