Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

I'm inexperienced, but I'm not stupid. If I was scum, why would I bring up the idea of extra scum? How would it help me or my team? Or if was given the rogue type role I speculated on early (while absolutely nothing was going on in here, I might add) why would I possibly bring THAT up? I'm actually very curious about this, as I am inexperienced at the game.

And I already stated that my main reason for such an idea is that there's 18 players in this game, which will not allow a "standard" 25% scum level. So to balance it out more, Some sort of "serial killer"-type role would fit that bill.

I also think the fine gentlemen who set up these games want to put together intereresting scenarios. I don't see any Bob Doles in this game, and I don't expect anyone to come back to life once their dead. So I expect other twists. I could see a character who's part of the mafia -therefore hates the snitch- but is also out to take the family over for himself in that "serial killer" mode. But that's overactive imagination (perhaps), not guilt. Because if I'm scum, I'm dumb scum.

I'm innocent, boys. Again, check the guys who defended me early when I'm gone, because they're likely to be innocent, too. Meanwhile, a couple experienced guys are looking to railroad me right off with some severely flawed logic if you ask me. Might want to take a second look at them if I take a bullet in the head today, too.

It's not like I think you are guilty off the bat. I just wanted more of an explanation for your statements. We really don't have a whole lot to go by right now.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The point is that as an inexperienced player, you may have made a mistake. In the first game that Doggin introduced to us, one player said something a long the lines of 'the 4 mafia members'. Doggin never told us how many members there were, so how did he have this information?

Much like this game, there was no mention of a serial killer.

The case against you isn't strong, but you tell me who I should put my vote on? I don't have anything else right now. For that reason, I didn't campaign against you, I simply put my vote there. Unlike LilMick, and unlike the guy from our first game.

I have to concur. There has to be a viable alternative. For me it was JVoR. But his excuse in not posting appears valid, so, for me, I flipped from him to slats.

The beginning of the game is always a crap shoot. The more mafia I play the more I realize this and honestly if we nail a bad guy on the first night then good for us but even then we won't be granted more information. What would be great is if someone can continually post the roster so we know who is active and who is not.

I know how and why people vote for them, but in a game like this I don't see what the problem is with waiting and acquiring even more info, especially from those who have been inactive. I just don't get the rush.

Well, if you can get some quick info from putting people's feet the fire, why not do it? What better way to get this going early, especially in a game this size?

Vote - Irish

Just curious how do you plan on getting info from people if they are not voting?

+1

As I said last game, in the early days of a game this big, the goal of the town isn't to lynch a mafioso, it's to generate information. You do that by voting.

That said - Woody, it's interesting that you're chiding Irish for not voting but haven't voted yourself

+1

As I said last game, in the early days of a game this big, the goal of the town isn't to lynch a mafioso, it's to generate information. You do that by voting.

That said - Woody, it's interesting that you're chiding Irish for not voting but haven't voted yourself

I'm not ready to make a vote yet but it doesn't mean everyone has to wait either.

The point is that as an inexperienced player, you may have made a mistake. In the first game that Doggin introduced to us, one player said something a long the lines of 'the 4 mafia members'. Doggin never told us how many members there were, so how did he have this information?

Much like this game, there was no mention of a serial killer.

The case against you isn't strong, but you tell me who I should put my vote on? I don't have anything else right now. For that reason, I didn't campaign against you, I simply put my vote there. Unlike LilMick, and unlike the guy from our first game.

The "mafia" in this case wouldn't know there was a serial killer, right? I mean, that's my understanding. So if I had any "info" about a serial killer, I'd have to be him. If that was the case, it would be hugely stupid for me to bring the idea to anyone's attention.

As for voting, I'll say right off the bat I feel good about NOrway, AVM, and Shutout recognizing that there's really nothing suspicious in anything I had to say. I think the scum are either trying to knock me (simply as an innocent) out early, or are staying silent on the issue.

So that would bring me to this...

I'm not comfortable voting for anyone right now, especially since we haven't heard yet from JVoR. If I had to pick someone it would be slats because he's been so vocal (and borderline pushy) for a newbie. But for now I'll buy that he's simply very enthusiastic. So no vote for the moment.

The only "pushiness" I exhibited was pointing out that Dan X had only one post in a game thread open for three days as of this morning. That seemes to've rubbed him the wrong way. He said he wouldn't be able to post again until tonight, maybe a little pressure on him could get him to talk. We've heard plenty from me already.

Just curious how do you plan on getting info from people if they are not voting?

Where did I say people sholdn't vote? I said that I personally would rather have a reason, like I said I understand why people are doing it and I understand that it's always going to happen. I'm talking for myself personally, I don't feel the need to jump on a bandwagon without a great reason only to be involved in lynching a townie.

If I see a reason to vote, I will.

The only "pushiness" I exhibited was pointing out that Dan X had only one post in a game thread open for three days as of this morning. That seemes to've rubbed him the wrong way. He said he wouldn't be able to post again until tonight, maybe a little pressure on him could get him to talk. We've heard plenty from me already.

Pointing out the fact that someone hasn't been very active is a good deflection technique. What are you hiding, rat?!?!?!?!

Pointing out the fact that someone hasn't been very active is a good deflection technique. What are you hiding, rat?!?!?!?!

Not the bottom of the post count... :bag:

Jets Things 6

AVM 6

WoodyPaige 5

Sharrow 5

The Crusher 5

Bleedin' Green 5

Dan X 4

If I had something to hide, I'd've kept my mouth shut from the start.

I think his avatar just makes people hate him from the get go :P

Woody doesn't post a lot in either alignment. Which makes him a good player but also makes it hard to read when he's actually mafia. That is, until he starts telling us he's the doctor and doesn't post again until he's lynched. Tell us your thoughts on the game so far Woody.

Woody doesn't post a lot in either alignment. Which makes him a good player but also makes it hard to read when he's actually mafia. That is, until he starts telling us he's the doctor and doesn't post again until he's lynched. Tell us your thoughts on the game so far Woody.

That was quite the play, not obvious at all.:D

I got nothing so far. Me and the first day don't really get along.

We should start having people submit a personal itinerary signed and witnessed by a notary public. For the younger people maybe a note from mom, or school counselor.

I'm going to unvote Irish for now and go back and take a look at the two new guys. Oh yeah, I will be on mostly in the morning and at night because Im short at the office.

FOS Dan X and Slats. Mostly because info is thin and they seem to be the hot topics.

I want to hear more from BG. He's too good to be allowed to fly under the radar like that.

Haha, sorry for being quiet today. Crazy day at work. For starters:

Sorry to hear about your situation, JVOR. Hope it all works out. Unvote: JVOR

I'm not sold on going after slats at all. We're dealing with a first time player who was reading up on the game and threw some stuff out there. Is it possible he slipped up? Sure, but it would be an awfully big slip up to start talking about your own role. Plus, we might as well wait a day and see what happens. If there's two NKs then its something to consider and revisit, if not then its likely nothing. Besides, I don't see how a SK would really fit into the storyline of this game anyway.

I'm not sold on going after slats at all. We're dealing with a first time player who was reading up on the game and threw some stuff out there. Is it possible he slipped up? Sure, but it would be an awfully big slip up to start talking about your own role. Plus, we might as well wait a day and see what happens. If there's two NKs then its something to consider and revisit, if not then its likely nothing. Besides, I don't see how a SK would really fit into the storyline of this game anyway.

He would have to be a real idiot to do that. :box:

I like the idea of getting multiple trains going, and getting players more involved. For that reason, I'll vote: Dan X.

As for my absense today, I had leadership interviews tonight and class most of today, but tomorrow is a pretty easy day early on, so I'll be on a lot then. I'll be gone til 1130 or so EST tonight as well, btw. Have a couple of intramural games, but I'll check in for a while before bed.

Are you suggesting no lynch today?

Are you suggesting no lynch today?

No, just not sure who I want to vote for next quite yet, but given the info from JVOR I didn't feel a need to keep my vote on him. I was mostly just voicing my opinion on slats, since he is the leading vote-getter by far and I'm not sure I agree with the logic behind it. Maybe I'm wrong, but the comment seems innocent enough that I certainly wouldn't derive him being scum from it.

I probably can't post again until tonight. For the future, Mondays tend to be very busy for me.

I'm not comfortable voting for anyone right now, especially since we haven't heard yet from JVoR. If I had to pick someone it would be slats because he's been so vocal (and borderline pushy) for a newbie. But for now I'll buy that he's simply very enthusiastic. So no vote for the moment.

This is fishy to me. Your not comfortable voting for anyone, but if you had to you would gang up on Slats because he's aggressive? Sounded like me he was excited to play and decided to share some of his research.

vote: Danx

No, just not sure who I want to vote for next quite yet, but given the info from JVOR I didn't feel a need to keep my vote on him. I was mostly just voicing my opinion on slats, since he is the leading vote-getter by far and I'm not sure I agree with the logic behind it. Maybe I'm wrong, but the comment seems innocent enough that I certainly wouldn't derive him being scum from it.

Well, if the only experience he has is looking over the first two games here on JN, then it's understandable that he might think there could be a serial killer since there was Sylar in the first game and the JiF thing in the second.

That said, I'm not sure I buy his defense when he was pressed on it. It just seems like he was trying too hard to explain it, when he could had just said what I did in the previous paragraph.

If you decide to get that far, take another look at the guys defending me early - because they are most likely not part of the rat pack. Meanwhile, they're very happy with you doing their dirty work for them.

That's also a little suspicious to me. The people defending him could just as easily be scum trying to tie themselves to an innocent couldn't they?

I'm not ready to vote for him though. I don't really want to lynch a first time player on the first day without more information.

Archived