Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I know I'm long dead. I just wanted to apologize for my over the top reaction to what I considered unfair treatment earlier in the game. I shouldn't have taken it so personally.

I did give myself a one week ban fron this site for my childish behavior and I love coming here.

Of course, this apolpgy has nothing to do with the fact that I live 5-6 miles from teh Crusher......nothing at all :D

OK, I promise to stay dead.

You guys are giving me no credit, me and Vic both came up with that...just becuz you guys think I am teh ghey, doesnt make me chop liver.

I feel very left out here.

You're not left out, just underrated. And gay.

I didn't even get a "new guy congrats" from the commish cause he thinks I was slimey. You see me crying?

"There's no crying in Mafia!"

Oh... wanted to say this earlier, but had to wait.

Vic. As to my last message. I'm sure you figured it out now, but I put JB's name out there because I was pointing you towards the other mafia.

You caught on, but thought (which I had also considered) that you'd think I was protecting one of my own, by making the assumption that you'd all think I was lying and targeting an obvious innocent.

I knew that she was guilty as soon as you made that post and I was leaning that way already. I was all set to make a case against her the next day but I had no chance.

You guys are giving me no credit, me and Vic both came up with that...just becuz you guys think I am teh ghey, doesnt make me chop liver.

Oh definitely. I trusted in you enough at the end of the game. It was at the last vote where I was out thinking myself and thought you were so all over the place that it was like "Wait Sharrow is too easy... could it be?"

I didn't even get a "new guy congrats" from the commish cause he thinks I was slimey. You see me crying?

Another confirmation of how underrated I truly am.

Oh definitely. I trusted in you enough at the end of the game. It was at the last vote where I was out thinking myself and thought you were so all over the place that it was like "Wait Sharrow is too easy... could it be?"

I hear ya, I just didnt want us to look with blinders on.

We needed to talk about the other options.

I'm not talking about figuring it out. I remember vic posing the question first, so that's why I mentioned it.

I knew that she was guilty as soon as you made that post and I was leaning that way already. I was all set to make a case against her the next day but I had no chance.

Same reason why I didn't try to NK her that night. You guys took care of her before I even got here though. It's too bad that she tracked me that night, or I think I would have been relatively clean.

Coming clean here... There were 2 things that weren't really random, 1 EY's place in the mafia and the actually mafia members roles..

Jvor was going to be mafia and EY had already confided in me that he was going to target JVOR day 1, so I had to put him with JVOR cause I didn't think it'd be fair to JVOR or the three man mafia team to have someone liek EY gunning for one of their members out of the gate.

And 2) I arranged the roles within the mafia with what made the game the fairest. The most likely to be investigated were made godfathers (EY and Doggin)... With 3 men in the mafia in and 18 player game, I had to put a little care into their construction or it would've been a blow out..

The funny thing is while I planned to wait and see how things played out, the situation stated in the bolded section had me suspicious that they were on a mafia team together from day one. When I went after JVoR and EY suddenly had no interest in that venture, I thought something was up. Of course, I was dead twice over before I got beyond an initial thought about it.

The funny thing is while I planned to wait and see how things played out, the situation stated in the bolded section had me suspicious that they were on a mafia team together from day one. When I went after JVoR and EY suddenly had no interest in that venture, I thought something was up. Of course, I was dead twice over before I got beyond an initial thought about it.

LOL

You were dead before the game even started. That's what happens when you last to the end a couple of games in a row.

LOL

You were dead before the game even started. That's what happens when you last to the end a couple of games in a row.

Why do you think I tried to deflect to Jets Things? I figured my argument was that he made it to the end twice as well, but he lost and I won, so I'm more useful. Didn't pan out so well though. :biggrin:

Excellent game!

This is true, although I'll add Norway as well as I think the town was looking for retribution from that one as well.

EY and teams opening game strategy was brilliant. Nabbing Irish, having JVOR watch EY's house which unearthed the Doctor/Cop and Roleblocker was as much early game domination by a scum team as I have ever seen.

That is brilliant. I hope I get to team up with EY sometime. Very clever play.

Crusher played a great game. His night actions single handedly got two members. Have jif rub u down later big guy.

We got lucky with Crusher following Jets Babe following Shallow to bust Woody. We lynched JB on circumstantial evidence, but then had concrete evidence against Sharrow to end the game.

And nothing personal, JIF. You did get a little flakey there at the end. the paranoia must've been getting to you.

Excellent game!

That is brilliant. I hope I get to team up with EY sometime. Very clever play.

We got lucky with Crusher following Jets Babe following Shallow to bust Woody. We lynched JB on circumstantial evidence, but then had concrete evidence against Sharrow to end the game.

And nothing personal, JIF. You did get a little flakey there at the end. the paranoia must've been getting to you.

I wasnt getting flakey at all. I was playing the game. I knew if I started to throw out all sorts of accusations that I would have most likely survived the night. Thats why I started throwing out all sorts of ideas that would make me looks suspicious, but not as suspicious as the obvious Sharrow.

I was thinking out loud in case I didnt survive. YOu dont want to look with blinders on, that last 2 games the town was taken for a ride because of that.

GREAT game all, and thanks for the kind words. Slats, you particularly, stepped up like a vet this game with some big time contributions. Same to Dan X, I thought you played extremely well.

Now as for EY....geez dude. Well played. If not for some bad luck, you woulda ran away with this one. You were my #1 suspect at the time, but if I survive the next day and theres another NK, I have to move on to someone else in terms of role-blocking. I honestly thought I was the last of the power players for the townies, and that I had been investigated, so once the Doc went down I knew I was soon to follow.

I do apologize to JiF (i think it was) for not being able to get all those answers out there that you wanted. I knew at least one scum hadn't voted for me, so as soon as I role-revealed if they DIDN'T know, they'd off me quick to keep me quiet. I just tried to get out as much info as possible. Considered throwing Sharrows name out there, but had no real proof (well played btw Sharrow) and figured all that'd do is make my accusations hold less water.

JVOR, I actually believed he was a townie--I woulda had trouble with him.

Lastly--great game setup CTM. It was a joy to play, and then to watch afterwards.

Nice to know everyone knew I was mafia and didn't pressure me at all.

Honestly, you were the only one I didn't see at all. I could have seen JB, but she was the last of my concerns--I'll gladly admit you surprised me.

:rl:

Sorry bro..

You should be thankful. You'd have been my bitch for days until I killed you had AVM not roleblocked me.

Oh, and you'd have killed him instead of me. :headbang:

The lack of a reveal on Doggin hurt you, big time. I would've probably gone after SMC, too, if he killed another innocent. I mentioned that during the game - he was dangerous whether he was innocent or not.

I wasnt getting flakey at all. I was playing the game. I knew if I started to throw out all sorts of accusations that I would have most likely survived the night. Thats why I started throwing out all sorts of ideas that would make me looks suspicious, but not as suspicious as the obvious Sharrow.

I was thinking out loud in case I didnt survive. YOu dont want to look with blinders on, that last 2 games the town was taken for a ride because of that.

Didn't mean to sound insulting. I understand what you were doing, but you got way out of character that last night. It threw me off a little bit. I thought I was a goner, to tell you the truth - largely because I thought Crusher couldn't be hit.

I understand having to work in the morning, too, but Sharrow helped himself a little bit -at least temporarily- by taking the grilling from me and JMJ last night.

Props to Dan X, too, who was the first to mention the two precincts. I don't know long it would've taken for that to sink into me otherwise.

Nice to know everyone knew I was mafia and didn't pressure me at all.

I've already said this to you in person, but for everyone else, I thought JVoR did a great job. I know him in real life, and I had no idea that he was scum. :bag:

I had a great time with this ... I thought most people played very well. :D The two mafia teams really took me by surprise. Awesome job, CTM.

The lack of a reveal on Doggin hurt you, big time. I would've probably gone after SMC, too, if he killed another innocent. I mentioned that during the game - he was dangerous whether he was innocent or not.

Didn't mean to sound insulting. I understand what you were doing, but you got way out of character that last night. It threw me off a little bit. I thought I was a goner, to tell you the truth - largely because I thought Crusher couldn't be hit.

I understand having to work in the morning, too, but Sharrow helped himself a little bit -at least temporarily- by taking the grilling from me and JMJ last night.

Props to Dan X, too, who was the first to mention the two precincts. I don't know long it would've taken for that to sink into me otherwise.

Thanks, and good job figuring out the JB/Sharrow thing at the end ... :P

Also, nice work, Crusher. I think you're the reason the town pulled out the win at the end. Sorry for thinking you were scum the entire game. :bag: Btw, veal marsala? Nom nom.

It'sool. I did back off my play because I didn't want the scum to hit me too early. The first two nights find had me so confused. It took a day or two before the whole two cop teams became evident, even then I had a hard time with Sharrow. I am glad I posted my results before Sharrow waxed my fat ass.

Yup. It did. I tried to make as strong a case after the fact as to why he was guilty, but no one could be certain.

I knew I could recoup Norway's death with Doggins, may have even been able to survive AVM as well, as there still would have been no evidence of two mafia. And could have probably sold 'I killed 2 scum in 3 days and you're going to whack me?'

But with uncertainty surrounding Doggin, I couldn't sell as well.

You know...EY had teammates. ;) He was the leader no doubt, but we were a pretty solid team. Props to Sharrow for getting by for so long.

Agreed.

Sharrow was surprisingly good for a 1st time player, as were many of you guys. JVOR made a big improvement this game, ultimately, it's what drew suspicion to him.

His lack of overzealous play was a major improvement, unfortunately, got him NK'd.

Agreed.

Sharrow was surprisingly good for a 1st time player, as were many of you guys. JVOR made a big improvement this game, ultimately, it's what drew suspicion to him.

His lack of overzealous play was a major improvement, unfortunately, got him NK'd.

Indeed -- great game all around. Too bad some of the off the wall stuff happened, but thus is life, right? :P

Next game should be even better

It'sool. I did back off my play because I didn't want the scum to hit me too early. The first two nights find had me so confused. It took a day or two before the whole two cop teams became evident, even then I had a hard time with Sharrow. I am glad I posted my results before Sharrow waxed my fat ass.

FWIW, when I built a case against you, that I knew was terrible. I was doing to see who would follow. I knew if I built something that terrible, that the first person to follow was more than likely scum. My plan was to unvote you and go after them, but it never happened.

I will say, that JB's guarantee had me worried. It reminded me off my colossal **** up in the Zombie game, but I was telling the truth about CTM. That didnt sit well with me because the town would have won if they listened in the Zombie game. CTM played everyone like a fiddle and your different style had me thinking you were trying to hit the same note.

I have a question...

Once a mafia member is killed, are they allowed to continue to help the rest of their team via PM?

It's kind of a gray area.

I was still in communication with Sharrow, but did not attempt to influence his decision making. Just shared some ideas.

I have a question...

Once a mafia member is killed, are they allowed to continue to help the rest of their team via PM?

I have no problem with it personally, but as EY said it's a grey area that some might not like. There's other sites that don't allow scum to communicate at all during the day

Archived