Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

Wow. I know I had to drop out after the first night but I feel like an idiot as the idea of "watching" Doggin' as my precinct's godfather never even occurred to me. That's a great strategy especially considering all the early attention was on EY/SMC/Doggin.

CTM I just want to apologize again for dropping out on you. I know you put a lot of work into this game and I never would have signed up had I known how busy I was gonna get.

Good game everyone!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I absolutely ****ed this game up for my team.

I still don't think EY had that much on me, it was my over-defensiveness more than anything else that got people suspicious. I really could have survived that IMO.

Absolutely, the 5 minute for a reply thingy was hilarious and so stupid at the same time.

No offense. EY's case definitely didnt convince me, it was your reaction.

The Gotcha at the end of that post, I was like, HUH????

Absolutely, the 5 minute for a reply thingy was hilarious and so stupid at the same time.

It didn't convince anyone except himself. LOL.

As soon as I posted the second reply I was thinking "WTF!?!?!?" to myself. I knew at that point that I was ****ed. Pretty hard to live down that type of over defensiveness.

Yep, the 5 minutes for a reply PLUS, Irish asking for 7 hours to reply to a claim against him was the ultimate tell.

Dude I was tired. LOL

It genuinely was 2:30am, It's pretty hard to lie about the time zones.:D

No, dude. The 2:30 am thing was you asking for an ADDITIONAL 14 hrs to respond.

EY made his accusation and you didn't respond to it for 7 hrs after demanding someone give an answer in 5 minutes. That's what did you in. It was hilarious. Regardless, that didn't kill the scum.

JB played well, but she made a choice that ultimately did in the scum (the JVoR arrest). The town was reeling after I got screwed by CTM ;). I had taken down the Rat Godfather. The NK of the Rat by JB helped the town big time.

+1

The defensiveness is what would have earned my vote as well..

Btw, what happened to irish is the exact reasons you pressure inactives..

No, dude. The 2:30 am thing was you asking for an ADDITIONAL 14 hrs to respond.

EY made his accusation and you didn't respond to it for 7 hrs after demanding someone give an answer in 5 minutes. That's what did you in. It was hilarious. Regardless, that didn't kill the scum.

JB played well, but she made a choice that ultimately did in the scum (the JVoR arrest). The town was reeling after I got screwed by CTM ;). I had taken down the Rat Godfather. The NK of the Rat by JB helped the town big time.

Jets Babe saved the game for the town, had she not arrest JVOR the second time EY's team would've won in a shutout. Crusher then busted the game open when at the last second he switched from following Jif to Jets Babe when she posted that "i knew it all along" post the night EY was whacked.

Slats, vic, JIF and JMJ put the rest of it together and that was that...

Outside of speedlynching the doctor, I thought there was a lot of good play this game.

Overall the game was a lot of fun. Felt like we got a lot of strong play from a lot of players.

I completely agree. A lot of the guys who have played other games stepped up their game and I came away very impressed with all of the new guys. Some started off faster than the others, but by the end I think they all really knew what was going on and were doing well. It makes me optimistic that with at least one game under everyone's belt, it should make for a really good game next.

It'd be nice to try and work in some new people into Mafia.

Hasn't that kind of been done? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for any other new guys who want to join the next game, but most of the people in the next game with the exception of a handful of people have only played 1 to 3 games before.

Hasn't that kind of been done? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for any other new guys who want to join the next game, but most of the people in the next game with the exception of a handful of people have only played 1 to 3 games before.

Oh no, I mean baddies, like the villans. Heh.

Nah we got a good core group going on here, we've got a good amount of "new" guys and old guys. It's been pretty fun for sure.

Jets Babe saved the game for the town, had she not arrest JVOR the second time EY's team would've won in a shutout. Crusher then busted the game open when at the last second he switched from following Jif to Jets Babe when she posted that "i knew it all along" post the night EY was whacked.

Slats, vic, JIF and JMJ put the rest of it together and that was that...

Outside of speedlynching the doctor, I thought there was a lot of good play this game.

JB still had a chance at the end. She could've claimed a role for the town and outed Sharrow as scum. I have no idea why she backed off that claim and pretended she hadn't investgated him yet. She could've been the last scum standing, and had a little cred to go with it.

JB still had a chance at the end. She could've claimed a role for the town and outed Sharrow as scum. I have no idea why she backed off that claim and pretended she hadn't investgated him yet. She could've been the last scum standing, and had a little cred to go with it.

I picked up on the EY "distance" vote but the whole "trust me" defense was the final nail for me.

Oh no, I mean baddies, like the villans. Heh.

Nah we got a good core group going on here, we've got a good amount of "new" guys and old guys. It's been pretty fun for sure.

Oh, gotcha. We'll see how it goes. I have no intentions of forcing any players into particular roles this game, so its going to be completely random who ends up where. I think at this point, there's enough good players that we don't have to worry about the talent level being too far unbalanced.

Oh, gotcha. We'll see how it goes. I have no intentions of forcing any players into particular roles this game, so its going to be completely random who ends up where. I think at this point, there's enough good players that we don't have to worry about the talent level being too far unbalanced.

Yup... even though the town got some "Breaks" last game we took advantage of them. That's how things work in these games. Gotta capitalize on the other teams mistakes.

I wasn't overly inactive.

I wasn't speaking about you specifically this game just that when you pressure people sometimes they slip up and make it obvious. A lot of inactives do this which is why I believe in pressuring them when no other good alternative exists

The "Nailed It" post was a little much, too. :lol:

Yea it was. But the trust me defense never really works in this game. It's either a stall tactic or you're scum. You did an excellent job on figuring out Sharrow. I was 70% of the way there on voting him, but the "ease" of voting him is what had me nervous. Ultimately after going back and forth with myself I figured I'd rather go down on my initial suspicion rather then on a vote out of being insecure with my choice.

I think she was so convinced Crusher was scum that she never noticed her department didn't make the woody arrest.

Then at some point I think she preferred the other cop team win rather then the family. I would've done the same. EY on the other hand wanted the other cop team to lose first and foremost :D

I think she was so convinced Crusher was scum that she never noticed her department didn't make the woody arrest.

Then at some point I think she preferred the other cop team win rather then the family. I would've done the same. EY on the other hand wanted the other cop team to lose first and foremost :D

The town is a threat to me only in the day.

The other cop team was a threat to me both at night and during the day.

First an foremost was to neutralize the greater threat.

That was interesting. I think I would've considered the other cop team an asset, at least in the early stages of the game. But EY's take was definitely on the road to victory, so it's tough to argue with his method.

That was interesting. I think I would've considered the other cop team an asset, at least in the early stages of the game. But EY's take was definitely on the road to victory, so it's tough to argue with his method.

I think with 18 players and 3 man mafia teams all with 1 night BPV, that the opposing scum team needed to be seen as an asset early to help thin the herd and prove your bonafides as confidence in the game of mafia is a little like the old JJ song, what have you done for me lately..

IN any event, what I was referring to is that I got the sense that maybe JB knew her gig was up and preferred to see Sharrow and team win rather then the town

I think with 18 players and 3 man mafia teams all with 1 night BPV, that the opposing scum team needed to be seen as an asset early to help thin the herd and prove your bonafides as confidence in the game of mafia is a little like the old JJ song, what have you done for me lately..

IN any event, what I was referring to is that I got the sense that maybe JB knew her gig was up and preferred to see Sharrow and team win rather then the town

That doesn't fit with her coming back after she was dead and trying to help them out though.

That doesn't fit with her coming back after she was dead and trying to help them out though.

Good point. Then I'll go with my first theory that she simply didn't recognize that her department hadn't made the arrest. :D

Not to blame the victim (:D), but I think that if Doggin didn't go crazy after me I might have focused my attention on EY.

That's the thing. EY was in my corner, while Doggin was strongly against me. Doggin mentioned his suspicions about EY but did not go after EY like he should have.

I had no idea he was scum.

And me surviving your NK didn't make me scum.

And you were so obviously the scummiest player I'd have been crazy not to go after you.

Ah, well . . .

Great game, guys. A few points:

1) Dead players need to stay dead - seriously, Jets Babe, that was very not cool

2) All players need to stop using role PMs or mod communications as forms of proof/evidence. It kills the game

3) Slats and DanX were the most on-point newbs I've ever seen.

4) I managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory for our team by telling Jets Babe not to kill crusher the last night since he was the obvious lynch candidate. We went for Woody instead - leaving Crush free to reveal as the game's 3rd townie finder-type. Ugh.

5) All the 1 arrest/kill nights happened because teams went for bulletproof players or the same player - I think everyone with a NK targeted Bleedin night 1 :biggrin:

Archived