Blackout

who's winning the AL East?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. who's winning the AL East?

• Tampa Bay Rays
    • Boston Red Sox
    • New York Yankees

Toronto wins it.

If not them, then the Sox. I have zero confidence in Girardi leading this team to a division title.

Zero confidence? Really? That's a stretch no? His team did win 89 games last season with a pitching staff held together by duct tape, and a lineup that lost it's 5th (Matsui) and 6th hitter (Posada)

If you ask me who has to be considered the favorite right now, the answer would have to be the Rays, because they are the last team to win the division, and like Ric Flair used to say, to be the man, you got to beat the man, and right now Tampa is the man.

I think Yankees will end up winning the division though, and Boston will win the wild card, and Tampa will win about 85-90 games coming in third.

I really like what the Rays have done, they took their young core and got some good pieces to put around them with some solid players like Pat Burrell, Matt Joyce, Joe Nelson, ect....add in David Price taking on a much bigger role this year and they could honestly win it all. I don't mean any disrespect to the Yankees or the Sox, but you're up against quite possibly the best team in baseball, IMO.

I really like what the Rays have done, they took their young core and got some good pieces to put around them with some solid players like Pat Burrell, Matt Joyce, Joe Nelson, ect....add in David Price taking on a much bigger role this year and they could honestly win it all. I don't mean any disrespect to the Yankees or the Sox, but you're up against quite possibly the best team in baseball, IMO.

You should listen to talk radio down here. And I quote... "I think the Yankees or the Sox have an outside chance of giving the rays a run for there money this year."

Come on.

Lets get real. I am not really a fan of Girardi yet, and I don't know if I will ever be. But, even I can admit it was time for Torre to go, and I honestly think he should have been let go after what had happened in 2004. Torre never knew how to manage a bullpen, and he still doesn't. Girardi's starters last season were going 5 innings long, and he still did a better job then Torre ever did with a pen.

Anything to base this judgement on?

I didnt like the way he managed the marlins or the yanks.

I just dont like the guy. I dont think he's a good ml manager... then again I think Charlie Manuel is horrible, but the guy did win the World series last year.

I also expect the Yankees to battle injuries again this year and dont think they are deep enough to battle in the AL east all season.

Again, this is what my opinion is. You disagree... fine. You arent going to change my opinion.

Isn't Price starting in the minors because of fiscal reasons?

Went with the Sox. Shocker.

I think the Yankees will win the WC and the Rays and Jays will be within 15 games of the top. AL East is going to be a beast.

It's gonna suck when the 3th place team in the AL east is going to have a better record than 2-3 playoff teams.

Yankees.

For the first time in probably 5 seasons, the Yankees have the pitching staff to go all the way.

Very true, but I don't really <3 our defense or our offense without ARod.

That said the outfield is much better with Gardner's range in CF. Damon has pretty good range in LF as well (and his arm isn't a huge issue there). Nady has some defensive issues in RF (he's actually got good range, but he's worse-than-average on the balls hit RIGHT TO HIM).

The infield D is weak up the middle. If Posada's arm is back to normal, we should be alright at C, but Cano has had his lapses at 2B, and Jeter's range (especially to his left) is less than stellar.

Offensively, I like the move of Jeter to lead-off. I think he will be productive there, though it eliminates what was essentially Damon's greatest value to the club (his ability to lead off) and I suspect that Damon may see some time on the bench late in the season if he isn't productive. Gardner is potentially a liability, but he's shown some pop this spring, so we'll keep our fingers crossed.

Losing ARod hurts, but he will be back, and in the mean time Matsui can provide a little protection for Tex.

I'd like to see us play a little small-ball this year as well.

I'm not voting, btw, because I haven't seen the teams in their final form on the field just yet.

Archived