Name a singer/song writer who is/was a genius.

Jetman_67

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice. How the **** did I not have him on my list. Pixies are one of my top 10 favorite bands.

Slats you are gaining points my man. I wasnt sure about you for a little while.

The Pixies are one of those rare bands that I can listen to their entire catalog without getting sick of them. I can do the same thing with the Talking Heads up until about halfway thru Little Creatures. True Stories was a little weak, and I'm not a fan of Naked. But those first five albums are awesome!

Did Kurt Cobain get a mention yet? That man was a genius.

Ugh. You're not getting nearly enough **** for this. Nonsensical lyrics derived from heroin use over 2 chord rock. The only way he got to this "legend" status is because he offed himself. I guess he knew what he was doing. I don't know if we're better off with his death so there will never be another album, or if he had lived and faded into obscurity.

Anyway,

Frank Zappa

Anton Newcombe

Devin Townsend

Tim Buckley

The omission of Brahms and Bach in this threading, not to mention Mozart, is tantamount to heresy.

i didnt realize that brahms, bach and mozart sang! can you send me a youtube link?

very cool, though!! i would never diminish your opinion :D

i didnt realize that brahms, bach and mozart sang! can you send me a youtube link?

very cool, though!! i would never diminish your opinion :D

Madam, I merely used my powers of extrapolation to deduce that this threading was attempting to identify geniuses in the musical realm. If my ability to spar on a greater intellectual plane is too intimidating, then I offer my sincerest of apologies and condolences to the communal psyche of this site.

Madam, I merely used my powers of extrapolation to deduce that this threading was attempting to identify geniuses in the musical realm. If my ability to spar on a greater intellectual plane is too intimidating, then I offer my sincerest of apologies and condolences to the communal psyche of this site.

thats it!!!!! i am far from intellectual.. so i think i was just overwhelmed by your smarts..

if you want a smart people website.. have you tried mensajets.com?

Archived