Jets | Abraham Says He has New Move

TaborJet

Jets | Abraham Says He has New Move

Fri, 9 Sep 2005 17:40:07 -0700

Karen Crouse, of the New York Times, reports New York Jets DE John Abraham said he has come up with a new spin to his game after watching Indianapolis Colts DE Dwight Freeney. "I've seen him use it well, and I think it's something I can definitely use," Abraham said Friday, Sept. 9. Abraham said he would unveil the move Sunday, Sept. 11, at Kansas City when playing his first competitive down in more than nine months. Head coach Herman Edwards said he anticipated having Abraham on the field for 15 to 25 plays against the Kansas City Chiefs, who have one of the league's better offensive lines.

Injury and immaturity aside, we all know that Abe is physically gifted like few others. Let's say, for argument's sake, that he does have - and has mastered - a new spin move. So now your opponent knows what to look for, and whose move it's similar (or identical) to, BEFORE the game. Why can't this imbecile just shut his mouth? Why hasn't the "master delegator" delegated a command to his players to NOT share anything with the media that might reduce a potentially surprising edge over our opponent?

Injury and immaturity aside, we all know that Abe is physically gifted like few others. Let's say, for argument's sake, that he does have - and has mastered - a new spin move. So now your opponent knows what to look for, and whose move it's similar (or identical) to, BEFORE the game. Why can't this imbecile just shut his mouth? Why hasn't the "master delegator" delegated a command to his players to NOT share anything with the media that might reduce a potentially surprising edge over our opponent?

thats exactly what i was thinking. what a moron, plus, he mentions freeny by name.

good thing hes not in command of our troops in iraq

thats exactly what i was thinking. what a moron, plus, he mentions freeny by name.

good thing hes not in command of our troops in iraq

I agree completely and another example of how Herm has no control.

Before you disagree - could you see W McGinest stating this? Haha he would be cut.

Nobody gives a sh*t if John Abraham is going to use Dwight Freeney's move. We care if John Abraham is going to play in as many games as Dwight Freeney does. Abraham is fine without someone elses moves, he just needs someone's guts.

I agree completely and another example of how Herm has no control.

Before you disagree - could you see W McGinest stating this? Haha he would be cut.

Herm has no control because some player comes up with something about a new move? :shock: I'm sorry, was that supposed to make sense? #-o

Herm has no control because some player comes up with something about a new move? :shock: I'm sorry, was that supposed to make sense? #-o

Just another example of how the inmates ultimitly run the prison under the Herm regime - regardless of how tough the coordinators are.

I want you to now go and find out when the last time a player bragged about a new move, got caught with a shotgun on the way to a game, or got a DWI under Parcells and BB and were still on the team.

Just another example of how the inmates ultimitly run the prison under the Herm regime - regardless of how tough the coordinators are.

I want you to now go and find out when the last time a player bragged about a new move, got caught with a shotgun on the way to a game, or got a DWI under Parcells and BB and were still on the team.

So it's Herm's fault that his players make idiotic moves? Robinson was gone after 2 years and Abraham was suspended after his DWI. To blame this things on Herm is pathetic and performing a Tom Shane-like reach. If you have any real complaints about him like time management or whatever that's fine, but these complaints are total senseless BS. Also, Parcells drafted Abraham. And I seem to recall some 1st overall draft pick of his writing a book complaining about not getting the ball enough? Or was that Herm's fault too?

So it's Herm's fault that his players make idiotic moves? Robinson was gone after 2 years and Abraham was suspended after his DWI. To blame this things on Herm is pathetic and performing a Tom Shane-like reach. If you have any real complaints about him like time management or whatever that's fine, but these complaints are total senseless BS. Also, Parcells drafted Abraham. And I seem to recall some 1st overall draft pick of his writing a book complaining about not getting the ball enough? Or was that Herm's fault too?

I suggest you go out and purchase a book about parcells or BB They have zero tolorance for this junk. Parcells had two #1 picks this year and could have gotten abe very easily if he wanted to. It would have been a pattented parcells move to go after the proven vet over the unproven rookies since he is a win now guy. The bottom line is that there is no room in winning programs for losers like Abraham.

Here is a little exert from Parcells "The Final Season". These things are written throughout books about these two coaches.

"Next thing, tomorrow will be your first exposure to the media. I don't want to hear anything about how you're going to do, about how great you are, or who you're going to beat out."

If you still do not believe me have Max or TS ask about the differences from a media persons perspective the next time they have a guest who has been exposed to the Herm and one of those two guys. They will tell you.

Maybe Abraham is bluffing.

Who cares if he is bluffing or not. He should keep his mouth shut, period.

As a matter of fact the Jets shouldn't even have disclosed if or when he will be playing at all. And why piss off theopposing team by acting like you are going to dominate with a new move?

Who cares if he is bluffing or not. He should keep his mouth shut, period.

As a matter of fact the Jets shouldn't even have disclosed if or when he will be playing at all. And why piss off theopposing team by acting like you are going to dominate with a new move?

I agree somewhat.

Abraham kind of comes off as a guy that wants the attention with these comments about his new "spin move".

He knows that if he spins off Roaf a few times and gets a few sacks of Trent Green he will look like a great great player. Kinda like how some NBA players tell the opposing team what is coming, then the team does the play and they score anyways, and it makes the defense look even worse. Like if Vince Carter says to the defense on the other team "Watch this punk, I am gonna get the ball at the 3 point line, pass it back to Kidd, he'll pass it back to me, and I'll shoot a jumper at the free point line"

And the defense plans against the move, and Carter still works it over and scores anyways.

Thanks John.

While the rest of your teammates were working on stamina and conditioning & sweating their asses off in 2 a days, you played around like a ballerina in the backyard with a new spin move :roll:

You should have been working on keeping that fragile body of yours healthy.

Thanks John.

While the rest of your teammates were working on stamina and conditioning & sweating their asses off in 2 a days, you played around like a ballerina in the backyard with a new spin move :roll:

110% agreed.

Well said, Smiz. =D>

Its also possible he made the comment to sow uncertainty in whoever is blocking him. After hearing about it Roaf is going to be on the lookout for this 'new move' and as a result will try and protect himself from getting caught by it. As a result less blocking strength up front because from what I understand this 'new move' takes the OL's strength and uses it against him.

Its like 2 opposing forces meeting each other. One side lets go really quick resulting in the other side to shoot forward. To defend against this the defending side (Roaf) will exert less power to not fall into this trap. As a result Abe can just power through Roaf. And once Roaf gets beaten a couple times he will start putting his power back into the blocks and bam Abe unleashes the move on him. Its a win-win for Abe.

But in all honestly I think Abe knows that his stam wont hold up all game. A spin move requires less energy because you arent trying to move a brick wall but go around it. In making said comment he has Roaf looking for the spin early and as a result Abe can simply overpower him off the line early in the game. And after not seeing the spin for a couple of quarters Roaf begins to defend against just the bullrush. And Abe shows him because he isnt as ideally conditioned as he wants to be. Thats my opinion.

Coaches arent the only one that can play mind-games players can too.

Thanks John.

This is much closer to my view of it, not any crap about Herm not having control because his player is a moron.

Its also possible he made the comment to sow uncertainty in whoever is blocking him. After hearing about it Roaf is going to be on the lookout for this 'new move' and as a result will try and protect himself from getting caught by it. As a result less blocking strength up front because from what I understand this 'new move' takes the OL's strength and uses it against him.

Its like 2 opposing forces meeting each other. One side lets go really quick resulting in the other side to shoot forward. To defend against this the defending side (Roaf) will exert less power to not fall into this trap. As a result Abe can just power through Roaf. And once Roaf gets beaten a couple times he will start putting his power back into the blocks and bam Abe unleashes the move on him. Its a win-win for Abe.

But in all honestly I think Abe knows that his stam wont hold up all game. A spin move requires less energy because you arent trying to move a brick wall but go around it. In making said comment he has Roaf looking for the spin early and as a result Abe can simply overpower him off the line early in the game. And after not seeing the spin for a couple of quarters Roaf begins to defend against just the bullrush. And Abe shows him because he isnt as ideally conditioned as he wants to be. Thats my opinion.

Coaches arent the only one that can play mind-games players can too.

AWESOME post. =D>

Archived