The NHL Stanley Cup Finals Thread

The Gun Of Bavaria

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ranger starting tonight vs. habs have to get it done or they will be outside looking in.

Lundqvist has been very good, but he hasn't been great. And that's a problem. But bigger, if they cannot score, and lately they haven't, it might not matter even if he is great.

Michael Rozival and Wade Redden continue to prove night after night they could be the 2 worst free agent signings in NHL history. WTF was Slats drinking or thinking? If you won't take the body, hit'em with your wallets, sissies!The only way you could tolerate this kind of pussified defense was if each was racking up 80 points and running the power play like Paul Coffey.

How come thenhl page says carolina clinched a spot but philly hasn't with the same number of points and a game in hand? Does that mean the pens clinch with 1 more win?

Tiebreakers:

1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).

2. The greater number of games won.

Carolina has more wins and less OT losses. I am guessing it is that.

Rangers will take on either Boston or Washington. Personally I want Boston.

Either way I envision a quick exit for the Rangers, unless Henrik gets smoking hot. Having a negative goal differential is not a good thing, nor a losing record on the road, which is where they'll start.

Either way I envision a quick exit for the Rangers, unless Henrik gets smoking hot. Having a negative goal differential is not a good thing, nor a losing record on the road, which is where they'll start.

Sadly, I agree with you.

I would still prefer to play Boston, they give us the best chances of an upset, in my opinion. Lundqvist has to play amazing to keep us in the games.

Sadly, I agree with you.

I would still prefer to play Boston, they give us the best chances of an upset, in my opinion. Lundqvist has to play amazing to keep us in the games.

King Henrik will do exactly that.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

Happy the Rangers are in. But unless King Henrik goes off, tough to see them getting very far. Winninga round is still a possibility. Lundqvist is better than anything the Caps or Bruins have in goal. Thnink the Bruins aren't going very far and could be an easy out. Ovie and the Caps are a different story.

This team will be way better once Torterella has a summer to evaluate what he has and a full blown training camp.

Happy the Rangers are in. But unless King Henrik goes off, tough to see them getting very far. Winninga round is still a possibility. Lundqvist is better than anything the Caps or Bruins have in goal. Thnink the Bruins aren't going very far and could be an easy out. Ovie and the Caps are a different story.

This team will be way better once Torterella has a summer to evaluate what he has and a full blown training camp.

why do you say that? best team in the east and your expecting them not to go far? they have dominated all year. when they got in that 1 seed they never dropped unlike some team in NY and we all know thats not the islanders LOL

Not this year.

Thomas has been playing his ass off.

Thomas, damn the stats, is not going anywhere the Stanley Cup unless he goes to Toronto and buys a ticket. Concede right now the Bruins are better than the Rangers everyplace but goal, wchich is probably the difference in a 7-game series. And the same would be true against Pittsburgh and New Jersey.

Suspect that Brodeur is going to be very good after getting a long mid-season vacation for the first time in his career.

Lets put it this way- if you had the choice between Pitsburgh, Wash , Carolina and Philly, Devils, in first round I prefer Boston myself. Those other teams are either red hot and or have superstars that can carry a team to worry about.

Thomas, damn the stats, is not going anywhere the Stanley Cup unless he goes to Toronto and buys a ticket. Concede right now the Bruins are better than the Rangers everyplace but goal, wchich is probably the difference in a 7-game series. And the same would be true against Pittsburgh and New Jersey.

Suspect that Brodeur is going to be very good after getting a long mid-season vacation for the first time in his career.

No doubt.

Thomas has been better over the last two seasons. If the Bruins play to the level they have played this year, #1 in GAA, 3rd in goals scored and keep the Rangers horrible PP horrible. Then they should win with relative ease. However, if any goalie gets hot...then all bets are off.

No doubt.

Thomas has been better over the last two seasons. If the Bruins play to the level they have played this year, #1 in GAA, 3rd in goals scored and keep the Rangers horrible PP horrible. Then they should win with relative ease. However, if any goalie gets hot...then all bets are off.

Would like to think Torerella can with about a week of free time figure out a way to get this talent together and make it a solid PP unit. But as good a coach as he is(and I'm overjoyed he figures to be here for a long time to come) the talent may not be there. The two things he has changed dramatically are that the Rangers now are more physical around their own net(except see below),and they crash the net in the offensive zone. The latter hasn't translated into much offense-yet. Avery has been very good, but again so far the offensive impact has been minimal.

But unless he plays Staal/Girardi and Morris/Mara 50 minutes a night you still have Redden/Rosival playing passive as could be,and that gives any team a clear shot at the goal without much to worry about.

Bruins

Devils

Flyers - Just because Bettman would have a cow if the Cindy's lost

Caps

In the Flyers/Cindys, figure the Pens get an extra2 or 3 PPs per game in Philly, 5 when they're home. There is not a bigger home advantage than the way the refs call games in the Igloo. And it's been that way ever since the NHL decided Cindy would be their poster boy.

The Habs will win in 7. The Bruins will find a way to lose like they usually do.

[ATTACH]890[/ATTACH]

I really hate you. :bp1:

I have to agree though. :bag:

The Bruins could win obviously, but Montreal always seems to be a thorn in the Bruins side irregardless of records.

In the Flyers/Cindys, figure the Pens get an extra2 or 3 PPs per game in Philly, 5 when they're home. There is not a bigger home advantage than the way the refs call games in the Igloo. And it's been that way ever since the NHL decided Cindy would be their poster boy.

So that is what your excuse will be this postseason? Penalty minutes? Pens opponents had 1164 PIMs. The Pens had 1114. That's a difference of 50 penalty minutes. 25 penalties. 1 more every three games. Wow. How do the other teams overcome that? Maybe it has to do with the Penguins having more disciplined players than other teams.

Crosby was made the face of the NHL. And that's his fault? Is it his fault Bettman pushed him into the spotlight immediately, even though his play would eventually do that for him anyway?

Is he the best player in the league? He doesn't have the scoring ability of Ovechkin or the defense to go with the offense like Datsyuk, though he is only 21 and has plenty of time to improve in both areas. Heck, Malkin outplayed him for most parts of this year. He does, however, make everyone around him better and he was the player in a Penguins uniform during the playoffs last season.

People will always hate on him, which is fine, but don't act like when the Pens, hopefully, go on another playoff run this season, it's because of refs or whatnot. Every home team for whatever reason gets more calls. It's a statistical fact.

Oh, and I'll take the Pens in this series because they're one of the hottest teams since the trade deadline, they have better goaltending, and the Pens beat the Flyers 4-2 in the season series.

I like the Bruins, Canes (they're one of the only teams hotter than the pens right now), and Washington/New York is a toss up because of Henrik and the fact that the Caps suck in the playoffs.

In the West I'd really like to see Sharks and Wings in the WCF. That would be fun hockey to watch.

Archived