The NHL Stanley Cup Finals Thread

The Gun Of Bavaria

Bruins over Canadiens in 7 games. very physical but I like thomas in net

Hurricanes over Devils in 7 games. I honestly feel the hurricanes pulling this out.

Penguins over Flyers in 6 games. Pens are more talented, flyers are over-rated.

Capitals over Rangers in 6 games. rangers have better goaltending but capitals offense is way to strong, while rangers offense is inempt.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So that is what your excuse will be this postseason? Penalty minutes? Pens opponents had 1164 PIMs. The Pens had 1114. That's a difference of 50 penalty minutes. 25 penalties. 1 more every three games. Wow. How do the other teams overcome that? Maybe it has to do with the Penguins having more disciplined players than other teams.

Crosby was made the face of the NHL. And that's his fault? Is it his fault Bettman pushed him into the spotlight immediately, even though his play would eventually do that for him anyway?

Is he the best player in the league? He doesn't have the scoring ability of Ovechkin or the defense to go with the offense like Datsyuk, though he is only 21 and has plenty of time to improve in both areas. Heck, Malkin outplayed him for most parts of this year. He does, however, make everyone around him better and he was the player in a Penguins uniform during the playoffs last season.

People will always hate on him, which is fine, but don't act like when the Pens, hopefully, go on another playoff run this season, it's because of refs or whatnot. Every home team for whatever reason gets more calls. It's a statistical fact.

Oh, and I'll take the Pens in this series because they're one of the hottest teams since the trade deadline, they have better goaltending, and the Pens beat the Flyers 4-2 in the season series.

I like the Bruins, Canes (they're one of the only teams hotter than the pens right now), and Washington/New York is a toss up because of Henrik and the fact that the Caps suck in the playoffs.

In the West I'd really like to see Sharks and Wings in the WCF. That would be fun hockey to watch.

Got the stats on what the PIM was at the Igloo after Theirren was fired and Boy Gary saw his beloved Cindy possibly hitting the fairways instead of the ice in April? The last time Ranger played there was a complete abortion.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=417875

The Stanley Cup Playoffs start Wednesday, and there are three more Western Conference matchups to be decided after Sunday games starting at 5 p.m. ET.

Then the fun starts.

Once those Sunday games end, NHL.com will post the official League schedule of teams and game days for all possible 56 Conference Quarterfinals games as soon as NHL officials have it finalized. We can't tell you an exact time for the schedule release–feel free to keep checking – but you will see the complete first-round schedule as soon as it's official here at NHL.com.

1. Bruins vs. 8. Canadiens

2. Capitals vs. 7. Rangers

3. Devils vs. 6. Hurricanes

?. Flyers vs. ?. Penguins (If the Flyers get a point against the Rangers, they're the #4. If not, Pittsburgh is the #4)

1. Sharks vs. 8. Blues or Ducks

2. Red Wings vs. 7. Ducks or Blues

3. Canucks vs. 6. Bluejackets

4. Blackhawks vs. 5. Flames

Anaheim has the tiebreaker. If the Blues beat Colorado, they get the 7. If they do not, Anaheim gets the 7. Anaheim is a point up.

Got the stats on what the PIM was at the Igloo after Theirren was fired and Boy Gary saw his beloved Cindy possibly hitting the fairways instead of the ice in April? The last time Ranger played there was a complete abortion.

Pens - 165 minutes

Opponents - 154 minutes

Just more proof that the conspiracy theorists like you have no idea what they're talking about.

I'm sure if you try hard enough though you can find at least one time frame/situation combination where the refs favor the pens. Maybe when they're down by more than 2 goals with less than 3 minutes left in any period, at home, on Saturday games, with Crosby on the ice, when the team has an odd number of points and their backup goaltender is in.

The Rangers always suck in Pittsburgh, they almost always play sloppy there. It's no wonder they get a lot of penalties when they suck that bad. They've only won what, like 7 of their last 30 games in the burgh? It's not surprising that their fans want to make excuses with a record like that.

I wouldn't count anybody out just yet. Any team could turn it up a notch just as well as collapse.

It really looks wide open to me -any team can ride the hot goalie into the finals.

Boston and San Jose both have to prove themselves once these playoffs start as number one seeds

Is it Thursday yet? I can't wait for Game 1 of the Bruins/Canadiens series. The Boston Garden is going to be rocking.

This is a great time of year for me.

Celtics & Bruins in the playoffs, Red Sox starting up & the NFL draft right around the corner.

Reminds me of the late 80s/early 90's when the Bruins & Celtics would always make the playoffs and one of them would go deep into the playoffs.

Is it Thursday yet? I can't wait for Game 1 of the Bruins/Canadiens series. The Boston Garden is going to be rocking.

This is a great time of year for me.

Celtics & Bruins in the playoffs, Red Sox starting up & the NFL draft right around the corner.

Reminds me of the late 80s/early 90's when the Bruins & Celtics would always make the playoffs and one of them would go deep into the playoffs.

By one of them, you mean the Celtics. :character0183:

"If you can't beat them, elbow them in the nuts"? Was that the Celtics?

Ray Allen learned from James Posey that if you're a Celtic, the refs will allow you to take cheap shots at the opposition.

Dirtiest play I've seen in a while, and somehow it resulted in a double technical. I would've just chucked Allen from the game.

What is the over/under of those pricks in Montreal booing the American National Anthem?

As much as we are pricks in Boston we don't boo the Canadian National Anthem.

Cue Don Cherry

7TxpxFqAV4I

Bruins in 6. **** the Canadiens!

What is the over/under of those pricks in Montreal booing the American National Anthem?

As much as we are pricks in Boston we don't boo the Canadian National Anthem.

Cue Don Cherry

7TxpxFqAV4I

Bruins in 6. **** the Canadiens!

Les Habitants in 6

Bruins are biggest frauds in history of NHL

playoff hockey will seal there fate

Archived