The NHL Stanley Cup Finals Thread

The Gun Of Bavaria

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great job by the Rangers. Great block by Callahan on Ovechkin at the end of the game.

Way to take home ice advantage!

:cheers:

Green and Ovechkin could be 2 of the top 4 players in the world. But Lundqvist/Theodore is a huge mismatch. And in Game 1 that was the difference.

Caps have historically been choke artists in the playoffs. Rangers have already broken home ice advantage, which is huge.

Pens dominate Flyers. Thought Philly would bring it a little harder than they did. Pens looked hungrier, stronger, faster, etc. on almost every shift.

Carolina was hot as fire coming in. Martin Brodeur is still who he is. May be over sooner than I had thought.

Caps have historically been choke artists in the playoffs. Rangers have already broken home ice advantage, which is huge.

Pens dominate Flyers. Thought Philly would bring it a little harder than they did. Pens looked hungrier, stronger, faster, etc. on almost every shift.

Carolina was hot as fire coming in. Martin Brodeur is still who he is. May be over sooner than I had thought.

Theodore isn't a big time goalie, he's barely an decent NHL goalie. That was the difference. Ovechkin was tremendous, but Lundqvist was that much better.

Nice win B's.

They didn't play very well after the Canadiens tied it up but regrouped in the 3rd and put the game away. Very encouraging win. Unfortuantley I won't be able to watch tomorrow nights game but am optimistic about their chances.

Wings took control halfway through the game from the highlights I saw. Nice win.

Did Joe Thornton do anything last night? He has a reputation of going into a shell come playoff time.

Didn't see the game. The stats reveal he was on the ice a lot, had 1 shot on goal, gave 1 hit and won about half the faceoffs he was in. I think you'll see a very different Sharks team tonight.

And as to those "THe NHL doens't favor Cindy"people-how do the Pens get a 5 on 3 in OT?

If you had bother to watch the game which you obviously didn't. The 1st penalty was Knuble cross checking Orpik on the Philly PP, the 2nd one came when Giroux stupidly slashed Kunitz after Kunitz passed the puck. But I couldn't expect you to know that since it's all a conspiracy.

If you had bother to watch the game which you obviously didn't. The 1st penalty was Knuble cross checking Orpik on the Philly PP, the 2nd one came when Giroux stupidly slashed Kunitz after Kunitz passed the puck. But I couldn't expect you to know that since it's all a conspiracy.

Philly is sooooo undisciplined.

Perhaps the Pens will make the finals so my Red Wings can spank them again. :)

And as to those "THe NHL doens't favor Cindy"people-how do the Pens get a 5 on 3 in OT?

What a JOKE!!!

The only thing worse then the patsy fan denial of spy gate is the penqueens fans denial of the league wide referee bias!!!

CLOWNS!!!

You two are the jokes. In a "laughing at you, not with you" sort of way.

Giving any team a 5 on 3 PP in OT is a joke.

Yeah, because breaking a guys stick right in the middle of a rush with a slash should be legal. I guess you're right; they should be able to high stick people in the face, throw elbows, interfere with whoever goalies included, or whatever they want as long as they're on the pk in overtime. Genius. :rolleyes:

Can we please play somebody tougher and better than the Capitals? God they suck.

Get out the brooms.

New Jersey HAS to get past Carolina, because they're another team we will kick in the face within 6 games at absolute worst.

Archived