So, any quarterbacks in the draft this year?

Aten

I remember jets fans saying they didn't want ryan last year because he threw too many picks and didn't have an elite NFL arm :rolleyes:

just cuz a player doesn't have buzz doesn't mean they can't be developed

freeman is an interesting prospect who seems to fit ryans criteria of a big arm to deal with the winds and a smart, low turnover guy with leadership abilities

Stafford is the only legit QB coming out this year. Freeman is a bust. Sanchez doesn't like to stay in the pocket and throws inaccurately. Plus he has bad footwork. Forget about the Pro-day. I'm talking game footage. I watch him and their LB's all year. I say give our guys a chance this year. Next year will finally be a good year to draft a QB if we need one. There are multiple good QB's coming out next year.

Stafford is the only legit QB coming out this year. Freeman is a bust. Sanchez doesn't like to stay in the pocket and throws inaccurately. Plus he has bad footwork. Forget about the Pro-day. I'm talking game footage. I watch him and their LB's all year. I say give our guys a chance this year. Next year will finally be a good year to draft a QB if we need one. There are multiple good QB's coming out next year.

I agree with this assesment. I believe Stafford is legit.

Could you imagine how terrible this draft would be if the juniors that declared decided to stay?

Could you imagine how terrible this draft would be if the juniors that declared decided to stay?

It would be the same. A crappy class isn't made better by an influx of crappy prospects looking to avoid coming out at the same time as the good ones. Class drift is a negative sum game because it weakens the strong years more than it strengthens the weak years. This is especially true of quarterbacks because the prospect is basically automatically strictly better in year Y+1.

Sanchez is my favorite of the QB's coming out by far. I think that the lack of experience issue has been over emphasised. Watch him play - His mechanics, mobility, accuracy and especially his very quick release all translate well to the NFL. His arm strenth is fine and he can make all the throws.

I thin Matthew Stafford is unbeleivably overrated.

Stafford reminds me so much of Carson Palmer it's not even funny. Coming out, Palmer was torn to shreds by alleged draft gurus everywhere for being a stiff, almost te same way that Stafford has. I think he can be the same type of player as Palmer.

As for Sanchez, Mel Kiper said something interesting today on the radio: that Sanchez might be te most ready to start from Day One of all the QB's because of his pedigree. Yes, he only started 16 games at USC, but he was in the system for a long time and has learned a lot of football. I don't want him for this team, myself, but I can see the logic in drafting a guy with a good arm, quick feet who had success at a huge program.

Stafford reminds me so much of Carson Palmer it's not even funny. Coming out, Palmer was torn to shreds by alleged draft gurus everywhere for being a stiff, almost te same way that Stafford has. I think he can be the same type of player as Palmer.

As for Sanchez, Mel Kiper said something interesting today on the radio: that Sanchez might be te most ready to start from Day One of all the QB's because of his pedigree. Yes, he only started 16 games at USC, but he was in the system for a long time and has learned a lot of football. I don't want him for this team, myself, but I can see the logic in drafting a guy with a good arm, quick feet who had success at a huge program.

I agree with a lot of this.

My biggest fear of Sanchez, is that he has never played a competitive game of Football in his life....I take that back....he did play in one....and lost to Oregon State.

Mark Sanchez has never had to put his team on his back and gut out a victory...NEVER!!! Every game he has played in has been a blow out.

Stafford almost had to do that every other game.

Palmer was not torn to shreds by alleged draft gurus everywhere. You're referring to the lunatic fringe if not just outright making stuff up. There hasn't been that kind of unanimity about a top quarterback prospect since then. Even if what you are saying about Palmer were true, and even if Palmer and Stafford were remotely similar, calling them stiffs isn't sufficiently specific to assume that Stafford's performance will relate to his projection in the same way Palmer's performance has related to his projection. It would be different if you were suggesting that scouts systematically overrate or underrate some attribute the two share or something, but all you're saying is that Palmer was expected to suck and turned out great and Stafford is expected to suck so Stafford will turn out great. What makes Stafford more like Palmer than like the thousands of other guys who were expected to suck and did in fact suck?

Palmer was not torn to shreds by alleged draft gurus everywhere. You're referring to the lunatic fringe if not just outright making stuff up. There hasn't been that kind of unanimity about a top quarterback prospect since then. Even if what you are saying about Palmer were true, and even if Palmer and Stafford were remotely similar, calling them stiffs isn't sufficiently specific to assume that Stafford's performance will relate to his projection in the same way Palmer's performance has related to his projection. It would be different if you were suggesting that scouts systematically overrate or underrate some attribute the two share or something, but all you're saying is that Palmer was expected to suck and turned out great and Stafford is expected to suck so Stafford will turn out great. What makes Stafford more like Palmer than like the thousands of other guys who were expected to suck and did in fact suck?

Oh no. One of...you

Palmer was dissected harshly when he came out in the draft. True, he was the consensus #1 pick, but his viability as a franchise QB was considered tenuous. There were questions about his delivery, his mobility, there were injury concerns and questions about his intelligence, his ability to make quick reads, and leadership. These are many of the same knocks on Stafford. That was my observation. Douche.

Palmer was dissected harshly when he came out in the draft. True, he was the consensus #1 pick, but his viability as a franchise QB was considered tenuous. There were questions about his delivery, his mobility, there were injury concerns and questions about his intelligence, his ability to make quick reads, and leadership.

Making stuff up. Got it.

Every quarterback to have started as few games in college as Sanchez did has failed. Absolutes don't require emphasis.

lol, that's really flawed logic

so the past guarantees the future ?

so then a rookie QB has never won a SB, and the packers are defending thier 42nd superbowl title ?

lol

you can say he doesn't throw a great deep ball or whatever, but to say he will bust because the other guys have is simply stupid

lol

Archived