Ray Lewis and Jay Cutler: Both could & should have been Jets.

Barton

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But Ray Lewis won DPOY 6 years ago HE MUST BE GOOD!!!1111!!!!!!!

Yeah, same logic you applied to Brett Favre. How'd that work out...

Also, you're the same guy who was all over Clemens' nutsack when Pennington was here. Now that the anti-christ is gone, you quit on the guy.

Seriously, cry me a river.

Nobody knows at all how effective Bart Scott will be here, as a player OR as the leader of this defense. It's a whole lot different being the General than it is being First Lieutenant. Barton's point on him is fair: we paid Scott elite player money when he's never been "the man." How much easier did Ray Lewis and the attention paid to him in the middle help Scott succeed? We're going to find out this year. But, nobody knows right now if he's ready or able to step up.

As for Cutler, I don't blame the Jets as much: the Broncos weren't dealing him inside the AFC. Now, if you want to kill the Jets for drafting Clemens in the secound round with the intent on making him The Franchise, then you can do so. They love him so much as a player that they're working out every QB in the college ranks, along with trying to trade the farm (allegedly) for Cutler. Did anyone besides Ron Jaworski (who, when asked about his Clemens-love now, back-pedals as fast as he can) think that Cutler was Peyton Manning? No? Then why draft him there? To spend a first-day pick on a back-up?

But Ray Lewis won DPOY 6 years ago HE MUST BE GOOD!!!1111!!!!!!!

Yeah, same logic you applied to Brett Favre. How'd that work out...

Also, you're the same guy who was all over Clemens' nutsack when Pennington was here. Now that the anti-christ is gone, you quit on the guy.

Seriously, cry me a river.

Good post.

Look at you stupid sheep. Giddy over signing Bart frickin Scott.

I wipe my ass with your Curtis Conway jerseys.

Yeah, I'll trust Rex Ryan - His Coach - Before I'll trust you.

Bart Scott is an elite defensive player, you'll see that next season because you obviously don't watch many Ravens games.

But what do we get instead?

Bart Scott and Kellen Clemens.

Same old Jets.

As far as Bart Scott goes, I'll take Rex Ryan's evaluation over yours. We could have gone after either. Ryan clearly felt Scott was the better fit.

With the Cutler situation I would have been willing to give up what the Bears gave up, but they didn't want to trade him the AFC and we would have wound up having to give up a lot more then the Bears did if they where ever even willing to trade him within the AFC at all.

Nobody knows at all how effective Bart Scott will be here, as a player OR as the leader of this defense. It's a whole lot different being the General than it is being First Lieutenant. Barton's point on him is fair: we paid Scott elite player money when he's never been "the man." How much easier did Ray Lewis and the attention paid to him in the middle help Scott succeed? We're going to find out this year. But, nobody knows right now if he's ready or able to step up.

As for Cutler, I don't blame the Jets as much: the Broncos weren't dealing him inside the AFC. Now, if you want to kill the Jets for drafting Clemens in the secound round with the intent on making him The Franchise, then you can do so. They love him so much as a player that they're working out every QB in the college ranks, along with trying to trade the farm (allegedly) for Cutler. Did anyone besides Ron Jaworski (who, when asked about his Clemens-love now, back-pedals as fast as he can) think that Cutler was Peyton Manning? No? Then why draft him there? To spend a first-day pick on a back-up?

They drafted him because they were desperate. When Clemens was picked there was a good chance that Pennington would never play again. Ramsey was brought in, but obviously he was no sure thing. They probably felt they didn't want to burn the 4 on a QB and by many accounts Clemens was pretty far along in his development compared to the others.

Yeah, I'll trust Rex Ryan - His Coach - Before I'll trust you.

Bart Scott is an elite defensive player, you'll see that next season because you obviously don't watch many Ravens games.

Question: Did Rex say he wanted Bart Scott before or after he signed him? Exactly.

Look, Scott is a nice player and I like him. But this is what the Jets do, they always get the "other guy".

And I dont even blame Tannenbaum on Cutler. But hey, its the Jets. No way we were gonna get Cutler. We got Favre and Clemens instead.

BOTTOM LINE. Jets never get the big fish when it counts.

Sorry, but it is true.

Question: Did Rex say he wanted Bart Scott before or after he signed him? Exactly.

Look, Scott is a nice player and I like him. But this is what the Jets do, they always get the "other guy".

And I dont even blame Tannenbaum on Cutler. But hey, its the Jets. No way we were gonna get Cutler. We got Favre and Clemens instead.

Sorry, but it is true.

What players house did he show up to within minuets of free agency? He could have went after whichever one he wanted. He clearly felt Scott was a better fit then Lewis in building his defense and there's nobody in the league who's more knowledgeable about what those 2 are capable of then Ryan

What players house did he show up to within minuets of free agency? He could have went after whichever one he wanted. He clearly felt Scott was a better fit then Lewis in building his defense and there's nobody in the league who's more knowledgeable about what those 2 are capable of then Ryan

Dude, Scott is a solid player.

But he's not going to lead OR be as good as Ray Lewis.

And how do you know this?

Because I actually watch games.

Hartwell was a slow one dimensional line backer.

Bart Scott can do everything and do it well, he's as versatile as they come. He can rush the passer, drop into coverage and he may be the best line backer in the league at getting penetration against the run. He's unbelievably aggressive on the field and he hits HARD.

You guys will ADORE him in a years time and one thing's for sure - You'll be delighted we have him over a 34 year old Ray Lewis.

Sorry, but it is true.

LOL, you were wetting yourself over getting Brett Favre. You spoke as him as if he was the Jets saviour.

Guess what? You got your wish and your boy **** the bed.

Big fish when it counts? LOL

Because I actually watch games.

Hartwell was a slow one dimensional line backer.

Bart Scott can do everything and do it well, he's as versatile as they come. He can rush the passer, drop into coverage and he may be the best line backer in the league at getting penetration against the run. He's unbelievably aggressive on the field and he hits HARD.

You guys will ADORE him in a years time and one thing's for sure - You'll be delighted we have him over a 34 year old Ray Lewis.

I hope so, dude, but I remember a frenzy when Hartwell hit the market--and ALOT Of the buzz placed on him was the SAME exact buzz that Scott had. Like I said, man, it's alot easier being second fiddle than it is to be the leader of the band. It'll be interesting to see if Bart can handle it, but nobody knows for sure. I'd pause before I proclaimed his greatness right now.

Barton if you think the Jets are so *****ing useless and will never get the BIG player go root for another team. I'm so sick of all this "woe is us" shtick that so many Jet fans seem to have. If you have that little faith in the organization stop rooting for them and stop wasting all of our time. None of these comments bring anything useful or interesting to the forums.

I hope so, dude, but I remember a frenzy when Hartwell hit the market--and ALOT Of the buzz placed on him was the SAME exact buzz that Scott had. Like I said, man, it's alot easier being second fiddle than it is to be the leader of the band. It'll be interesting to see if Bart can handle it, but nobody knows for sure. I'd pause before I proclaimed his greatness right now.

But you can't assume because they came from a similar situation that they're of similar ability. Scott is a good player, he wont suddenly lose his ability because Ray Lewis is gone. Rest assured, he'll be a very good signing.

Barton if you think the Jets are so *****ing useless and will never get the BIG player go root for another team. I'm so sick of all this "woe is us" shtick that so many Jet fans seem to have. If you have that little faith in the organization stop rooting for them and stop wasting all of our time. None of these comments bring anything useful or interesting to the forums.

:yes::yes::yes:

Sorry, but it is true.

I think Ryan and his DC showing up at Scott's house at five minutes after midnight the day free agency opened made it painfully clear he wanted Scott more than Lewis. If you actually paid attention to what actually happened you might have a point.

You don't sign a 34-year-old LB to a big money free agent deal, no matter how good he WAS.

You sign the younger, hungrier, more versatile guy who is desperate for his chance to be the guy.

+1

BTW, Barton would criticize the Jets for getting Lewis and Cutler, arguing that they signed an over-the-hill player and a crybaby.

Scott vs Lewis? If you don't think that Rex Ryan is at least qualified to make that decision better than anyone, you have to be pretty unhappy with Ryan becoming the Jets coach. All reports are the Jets had no real interest in Lewis.

And as for Cutler, the Jets had nothing going for them to have had a realistic chance to get him (wrong conference, no experienced QB to trade).

Archived