Ray Lewis and Jay Cutler: Both could & should have been Jets.

Barton

Dude, Scott is a solid player.

But he's not going to lead OR be as good as Ray Lewis.

neither is Ray Lewis on another team! His "leadership" is in Baltimore! That's it! Remember Ronnie Lott? He was brought in to "lead" the locker room, how'd that go? I'd take Scott over the aged Lewis anyday! now if Lewis was 3- 4 yrs younger that'd be a different story!

This team (Tanny) is doing everything they can to get the best players on the field. Definately NOT the same old Jets!!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Question: Did Rex say he wanted Bart Scott before or after he signed him? Exactly.

Look, Scott is a nice player and I like him. But this is what the Jets do, they always get the "other guy".

And I dont even blame Tannenbaum on Cutler. But hey, its the Jets. No way we were gonna get Cutler. We got Favre and Clemens instead.

BOTTOM LINE. Jets never get the big fish when it counts.

Sorry, but it is true.

In this case RAY LEWIS was the "other guy". Why do you think nobody else signed him ? Wake up !

In 2009 and beyond, Bart Scott is better than Ray Lewis. Lewis' leadership skills reside in Baltimore and Baltimore alone. You think Jet fans are going to say "aw shucks, he blew four tackles today cause he's 35 years old, but he's a leader!". **** no. Ravens fans can say that. Scott at this point was the better move.

In 2009 and beyond, Bart Scott is better than Ray Lewis. Lewis' leadership skills reside in Baltimore and Baltimore alone. You think Jet fans are going to say "aw shucks, he blew four tackles today cause he's 35 years old, but he's a leader!". **** no. Ravens fans can say that. Scott at this point was the better move.

NFL Live broke down Lewis when FA firts started... the film was alarming... he was getting blown by over and over again... he has no side to side speed left...

• 5 months later...
Barton: the reverse jynxer

thank me later fellas :lol:

Great job, Barton. Keep the reverse jinx alive!!! :D

But you weren't alone in this thread. Here are some other winners:

I'd take Ray over Bart Scott any day...

That Ravens defense was great with HC losers Mike Nolan and Marvin Lewis long before Rex Ryan got his hands on it. Hey now.

Bart Scott = Jamie Sharper, Ed Hartwell

Ray Lewis= HOF

I still probably would. You don't expect me to back of that after 2 weeks? It's long season hoss..

Then you still would be a boob.

Look, you and I are very similiar fans in the sense that we reserve our optimism because we know this team all too well...but to make that claim is silly.

We have a nice young defensive core. Eventually we are going to have to replace Ellis and Jenkins, but all the other pieces are in place and are fairly young. Bart Scott is how many years younger?

It would just be silly to sign Ray Lewis to a huge contract when he could be done mid season. The dude is old and though he is still doing his thing, how long could it possibly last?

Then you still would be a boob.

Look, you and I are very similiar fans in the sense that we reserve our optimism because we know this team all too well...but to make that claim is silly.

We have a nice young defensive core. Eventually we are going to have to replace Ellis and Jenkins, but all the other pieces are in place and are fairly young. Bart Scott is how many years younger?

It would just be silly to sign Ray Lewis to a huge contract when he could be done mid season. The dude is old and though he is still doing his thing, how long could it possibly last?

5 years younger.. Bart Scott is 29, not 25..

I get your point, but need to see more

But what do we get instead?

Bart Scott and Kellen Clemens.

Same old Jets.

Honestly dude...what are you crying about? Maybe we bring in Ray Lewis and he blows out a knee because he's older than dirt. Maybe Cutler isn't as good on the Jets because we don't have elite receivers (yet). I'm very happy with the moves this year. Will they all work out? Who knows? It's no different then any other NFL. You win some and lose some. In the end, a coaches job is to get the best out of the players he has available to him. I think Rex is doing that. This team is heading in the right direction. We should be happy to finally have a head coach that not only has the passion to when, but has the ability to make it happen as well. Isn't better then watching that emotionless, gum chewing, mummy run this team into the ground? I honestly don't care if they go 8-8 this year. I am happy because the future is bright.

Get over it dude! It's in the past.

Just

Enjoy

The

Season

One more thing...these are not the same old JETS! I have no idea what team you're watching.

Honestly dude...what are you crying about? Maybe we bring in Ray Lewis and he blows out a knee because he's older than dirt. Maybe Cutler isn't as good on the Jets because we don't have elite receivers (yet). I'm very happy with the moves this year. Will they all work out? Who knows? It's no different then any other NFL. You win some and lose some. In the end, a coaches job is to get the best out of the players he has available to him. I think Rex is doing that. This team is heading in the right direction. We should be happy to finally have a head coach that not only has the passion to when, but has the ability to make it happen as well. Isn't better then watching that emotionless, gum chewing, mummy run this team into the ground? I honestly don't care if they go 8-8 this year. I am happy because the future is bright.

Just

Enjoy

The

Season

One more thing...these are not the same old JETS! I have no idea what team you're watching.

Just an FYI: this thread was started in April.

Just

Enjoy

The

Season

POTW NOM. Let alone ferraro feels silly for not reading the date of the original post, I LOVE the acronym from this post. This is a season for Jets fans that has the making's of being special, and I'm hoping this one is enjoyable for all of us folks, because its a long time coming!

I honestly don't care if they go 8-8 this year. I am happy because the future is bright.

You don't care if we go 8-8 this year? Our defense is INSANE! Best D i've seen in a while. If we don't make the playoffs, i will be furious. Every year, my expectations are high. After watching the first 2 games against high powered offenses, my expectation is at least playoffs. Besides, we're already 2-0. If we go 6-8 the rest of the way, that would just be typical same old jets.

You don't care if we go 8-8 this year? Our defense is INSANE! Best D i've seen in a while. If we don't make the playoffs, i will be furious. Every year, my expectations are high. After watching the first 2 games against high powered offenses, my expectation is at least playoffs. Besides, we're already 2-0. If we go 6-8 the rest of the way, that would just be typical same old jets.

I didn't say I want them to go 8-8. I was just trying to convey how happy I am to see this huge change in the teams direction.

I do have to disagree with you about being furious if we don't miss the playoffs. The D is no doubt the best in a long time, but lets wait to see with Sanchez. I thinks he's great and this has the potential of being a magical season. However, if people start booing this kid at the games I will lose my mind. Lets not run this QB out of town if he doesn't meet some of our high "expectations". ::GoJets:

I didn't say I want them to go 8-8. I was just trying to convey how happy I am to see this huge change in the teams direction.

I do have to disagree with you about being furious if we don't miss the playoffs. The D is no doubt the best in a long time, but lets wait to see with Sanchez. I thinks he's great and this has the potential of being a magical season. However, if people start booing this kid at the games I will lose my mind. Lets not run this QB out of town if he doesn't meet some of our high "expectations". ::GoJets:

I know you didn't say you want them too, but you wouldn't be upset. But after this start, my expectations are greater than 8-8. Sanchez is going to eventually start making mistakes, possibly as soon as this week. People are going to expect him to play this way the whole season but that is just not gonna happen. The last thing he needs is for the fans to start booing him. If he keeps his mistakes to a minimum, he can get the kinks out and we will still be in the game with our strong defense.

Unfortunately, it comes with the territory of being a NY pro sports team. Expectations heighten in an instant, and you can't be afraid of that.

My expectation before the season was 7-9 or 8-8. Now, my expectation is 10-6 or 11-5 and a playoff birth. If we lose the next 2 games, 10-6, if we win one of the 2, 11-5. I don't anticipate us winning BOTH, but its possible. With the level of play we've seen in just 2 games and how our schedule shapes up, I don't think that's unreasonable.

If we fail to meet those expectations, I won't be as angry as I was as last season, nor will I be pissed off at Mark Sanchez, but I'll be disappointed.

• 1 month later...

Archived