Knowshon Moreno

Barton

Cant pass on this guy, just too damn good. Team player too.

Will be a superstar.

Years from now people will say he should have been a top 5 pick.

Jets gotta take him at 17 if he's there.

Someone posted a couple of highlight reels of his in the other forum. I have to say it was pretty UNimpressive. Lots of runs through gaping holes & going down on first contact. And that was against college defenders.

He'll seem like a superstar if he goes to a team with a great OL and a top-10 defense that affords him more opportunities to run the ball.

If you have some really impressive clips please post them. But not ones showing him scampering through enormous running lanes or changing directions to run 15 yards in the opposite direction around the whole defense, because he's nowhere near fast enough to get away with that in the NFL.

Someone posted a couple of highlight reels of his in the other forum. I have to say it was pretty UNimpressive. Lots of runs through gaping holes & going down on first contact. And that was against college defenders.

He'll seem like a superstar if he goes to a team with a great OL and a top-10 defense that affords him more opportunities to run the ball.

If you have some really impressive clips please post them. But not ones showing him scampering through enormous running lanes or changing directions to run 15 yards in the opposite direction around the whole defense, because he's nowhere near fast enough to get away with that in the NFL.

Moreno killed the SEC, nobody has better balance and moves than this guy. He gets the most out of his ability. Cant say the same for other backs in this draft. Moreno is the best ball player. jmo

Moreno killed the SEC, nobody has better balance and moves than this guy. He gets the most out of his ability. Cant say the same for other backs in this draft. Moreno is the best ball player. jmo

I realize this stuff is subjective & no one knows how good any of these guys will be at the pro level, but you still are dancing around my post.

What, in his college game, will work that well at the NFL level. Because I heard about moves & speed & balance & all that with Reggie Bush. And quick/fast/etc that he is, Bush still gets gobbled up by NFL front-sevens.

The stuff I've seen of him does not seem to translate to the NFL any better than what Thomas Jones has. One-cut runner, not much power, not much tackle-breaking ability, and not much pure speed. Although coming out of college, Jones was faster than Moreno (and hence his top-10 pick status back then). Most of those "moves" will translate to an extra 2 yards sideways only before getting engulfed by defenders.

That doesn't make me right, but he doesn't look THAT quick that he can repeatedly out-juke multiple defenders. He needs the ability to power through guys & break real tackles - two things I don't see with him. Otherwise he's just getting what his blockers give him. If that's all he is, that's fine. But you don't need to invest a mid-first round pick to get that.

I realize this stuff is subjective & no one knows how good any of these guys will be at the pro level, but you still are dancing around my post.

What, in his college game, will work that well at the NFL level. Because I heard about moves & speed & balance & all that with Reggie Bush. And quick/fast/etc that he is, Bush still gets gobbled up by NFL front-sevens.

The stuff I've seen of him does not seem to translate to the NFL any better than what Thomas Jones has. One-cut runner, not much power, not much tackle-breaking ability, and not much pure speed. Although coming out of college, Jones was faster than Moreno (and hence his top-10 pick status back then). Most of those "moves" will translate to an extra 2 yards sideways only before getting engulfed by defenders.

That doesn't make me right, but he doesn't look THAT quick that he can repeatedly out-juke multiple defenders. He needs the ability to power through guys & break real tackles - two things I don't see with him. Otherwise he's just getting what his blockers give him. If that's all he is, that's fine. But you don't need to invest a mid-first round pick to get that.

I understand your point, and you might be right who knows. But I think Moreno has special balance and quickness. As for running inside, he's proven that he can do that, in the SEC too. He wont be running over guys, but he knows the angles, just a really smart runner. And combined with his quickness, balance and moves, he'll be a very good back in the NFL imo. And If he ever bulked up and didnt lose anything off the rest of his game, he'd be a Tomlinson jr.

fwiw I dont see the Bush comparison as Bush is not even willing to run inside. I'd say Moreno is like Curtis Martin, only with better moves (alot better moves). Similar size, smart runner, team guy, good receiver, runs with balance, quick etc etc.

Moreno can flat out play. He does it all. I watch a ton of SEC football, the guy is a stud.

I dont know if I want him a RB in the first, actually, I dont. But, I wouldnt be upset if they decided to pick him. I think he will be a hell of a player.

I love his attitude as well. A true team player. The kind of kid that jumps of the ground after a hit and runs back to the huddle. His energy is off the charts. He is quick and has great balance.

IMO he is the best RB in this draft.

Archived