Yankees vs Orioles @ Camden Yards (Opening Day)

Morrissey

Maybe I'm not in the mood for crap today. That could be it too.

Plus TD knows me from JI and I'm usually pretty level headed. I'm not all sunshine about things but CC looks like crap and right now our D is rearing its ugly head. Our bats seem very anemic and all we can hope for is Jorge/Tex can carry us. Hell, even once ARod comes back I'm not expecting MVP production.

Our O seems the same as last year, which is not a good thing.

CC couldn't locate jack today and for a SO pitcher... he's got zero SO's. Not a good day for him.

And FTR I'm 27.

Well then I guess we view this Yankee offense a bit differently. My opinion of the offense (which may very well end up being 100% wrong) is...I wouldn't say we'll need Jorge and Tex to carry us. I think Jeter and Damon will do a nice job of setting the table and as long as he's healthy, Hideki Matsui is one of the Yankees better clutch hitters. He's a good fundamental player who understands situational baseball. A good reason why he can be counted on to drive in 100 runs when healthy. Nady is coming off of a career season and there will probably be a drop in his production but he'll be solid at the very least. I'm also expecting a big bounce back year by Cano. I think he embarassed himself with his antics last season and he'll go back to using the entire field and playing hard on a more regular basis. If not he could be dealt. Looking at the big picture I see two excellent table setters in Jeter/Damon. A guy who knows how to play situational baseball in Matsui with a rising young star who's got something to prove in Cano. Add to that the fact that Gardner has the potential to make things happen when he gets on base for Jeter and Damon to get some RBI opportunities. From the way I look at it, they're not going to have to rely on one or two guys to carry them. They're good enough from top to bottom to let everyone chip in. JMO.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well then I guess we view this Yankee offense a bit differently. My opinion of the offense (which may very well end up being 100% wrong) is...I wouldn't say we'll need Jorge and Tex to carry us. I think Jeter and Damon will do a nice job of setting the table and as long as he's healthy, Hideki Matsui is one of the Yankees better clutch hitters. He's a good fundamental player who understands situational baseball. A good reason why he can be counted on to drive in 100 runs when healthy. Nady is coming off of a career season and there will probably be a drop in his production but he'll be solid at the very least. I'm also expecting a big bounce back year by Cano. I think he embarassed himself with his antics last season and he'll go back to using the entire field and playing hard on a more regular basis. If not he could be dealt. Looking at the big picture I see two excellent table setters in Jeter/Damon. A guy who knows how to play situational baseball in Matsui with a rising young star who's got something to prove in Cano. Add to that the fact that Gardner has the potential to make things happen when he gets on base for Jeter and Damon to get some RBI opportunities. From the way I look at it, they're not going to have to rely on one or two guys to carry them. They're good enough from top to bottom to let everyone chip in. JMO.

I don't disagree with you exactly... but NO ONE did jack today really.

Although Jorge just blasted one

I don't disagree with you exactly... but NO ONE did jack today really.

Although Jorge just blasted one

Yeah, but I'd give it a few weeks at the very least to see how similar this is going to be to last years team which was terrible in clutch situations.

Cano/Nady now putting the Yanks in a spot to make this a game again:cheers:

Yeah, but I'd give it a few weeks at the very least to see how similar this is going to be to last years team which was terrible in clutch situations.

Cano/Nady now putting the Yanks in a spot to make this a game again:cheers:

Lol the two things we were pointing out JUST happened. Excellent.

Let's continue arguing.

This is a huge spot for Jeter. Even just a single makes this a game.

EDIT...christ Nady...I dunno, maybe he thought it got through and didn't realize it was knocked down. Tough to see the ball when you're running the bases and it's behind you...I'd like to know what the 3B coach was telling him to do

EDIT...christ Nady...I dunno, maybe he thought it got through and didn't realize it was knocked down. Tough to see the ball when you're running the bases and it's behind you...I'd like to know what the 3B coach was telling him to do

Can't blame Nady for that, with 2 outs, he's heading home on contract, this has been a very odd game.

Why does a 3B coach seem like an ACTUAL issue for this team? Didn't we have a bunch of terrible plays at 3B last year?

Ugh. Oh well, if the bats wake up in the next part of the order we can catch up. Let's hold em.

I'll give CC a pass today, you can't expect anyone to be good when they can't spot there fastball.

A pass as in he wasn't that bad?

He was awful. I'm just hoping it's some nerves and he can get the fastball working. No SO's for him is not a good stat.

A pass as in he wasn't that bad?

He was awful. I'm just hoping it's some nerves and he can get the fastball working. No SO's for him is not a good stat.

He had no control.. it happens, he had no K's because he was constantly behind in the count.

Why does a 3B coach seem like an ACTUAL issue for this team? Didn't we have a bunch of terrible plays at 3B last year?

Ugh. Oh well, if the bats wake up in the next part of the order we can catch up. Let's hold em.

Rob Thomson is actually a pretty good 3B coach, not sure how anyone can fault him for that play. Nady was off on contract.

He had no control.. it happens, he had no K's because he was constantly behind in the count.

Yea... but I mean... he was awful. Let's call a spade a spade here.

I'm well aware he was behind and he was way too afraid to even attempt getting a fastball by people to punch people out. Just lots of weird looking things, he and Jorge looked very off.

Rob Thompson is actually a pretty good 3B coach, not sure how anyone can fault him for that play. Nady was off on contract.

Ah, I'm listening, and it's the Orioles network (MLB Audio) and they blew it up to be a good play by Roberts and a dumb play by Nady.

Ah, I'm listening, and it's the Orioles network (MLB Audio) and they blew it up to be a good play by Roberts and a dumb play by Nady.

There giving you bad information, Roberts wasn't even involved in the play, it was the short stop Izturis.

There giving you bad information, Roberts wasn't even involved in the play, it was the short stop Izturis.

LOL wtf?

BTW, they are HORRID. They called Posada's home run after it was over the wall, like they were talking and all of a sudden they're like "Oh Posada just launched one over the wall, home run" No "Pitcher is set, here's the delivery, etc"

Yea... but I mean... he was awful. Let's call a spade a spade here.

I'm well aware he was behind and he was way too afraid to even attempt getting a fastball by people to punch people out. Just lots of weird looking things, he and Jorge looked very off.

Look he had no control, his breaking ball was decent, but you obviously can't keep going to that.

I'm confused are you watching the game on TV or on MLB Radio?

Look he had no control, his breaking ball was decent, but you obviously can't keep going to that.

I'm confused are you watching the game on TV or on MLB Radio?

MLB Radio.

I dunno man, maybe you feel differently but for me that's like saying Wang wasn't inducing ground balls

HIDEKI!!!!! Damn, if he can produce this year that'd be nice.

Archived