Yankees vs Orioles @ Camden Yards (Opening Day)

Morrissey

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those of you not listening to the train wreck that is the Yankees radio braodcast, this was Sterling's call on the Teixeira homer:

"And Mark sends a TEX MESSAGE!!!"

Someone shoot him. Please.

I literally at my desk said. OH GOD

Another hit for him.

For those of you not listening to the train wreck that is the Yankees radio braodcast, this was Sterling's call on the Teixeira homer:

"And Mark sends a TEX MESSAGE!!!"

Someone shoot him. Please.

:face:

Swisher is so much bettter than Nady... and it's not even close

I agree. But more importantly, I think this: The difference between Swisher and Nady is not nearly as big as the difference between a Yankee lineup with Swisher in it and a lineup with Nady in it.

Swisher's ability to see a lot of pitches, as well as the fact that he is a switch hitter, has a big effect on the entire lineup 1-9.

Nady may get his hits, but when he's up there hacking at the 1st and 2nd pitch, the outs he makes are putting pressure on the rest of the lineup and helping opposing pitchers get comfortable. Swish is a nice throwback to guys like Bernie, Tino and O'Neill, that even when they make outs, are wearing pitchers down. This can not be understated.

I agree. But more importantly, I think this: The difference between Swisher and Nady is not nearly as big as the difference between a Yankee lineup with Swisher in it and a lineup with Nady in it.

Swisher's ability to see a lot of pitches, as well as the fact that he is a switch hitter, has a big effect on the entire lineup 1-9.

Nady may get his hits, but when he's up there hacking at the 1st and 2nd pitch, the outs he makes are putting pressure on the rest of the lineup and helping opposing pitchers get comfortable. Swish is a nice throwback to guys like Bernie, Tino and O'Neill, that even when they make outs, are wearing pitchers down. This can not be understated.

Good post Guido, couldn't agree more.

Archived