Aces Wild: Sabathia and Santana Thread

Morrissey

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But you know if CC was 3-1 Omar bashers would be saying "we should have signed him" instead of saying "we should have signed Lowe".

Hindsight is 20/20 and so convenient.

th ereaosn you don't hear me ranting that omar shoudl have signed cc is because i'm realistic and i know there was no way we had 2 pitchers maming that much money for that length of time on our roster. not because i wouldn't have wanted him........i say lowe because it is actually realistic. so quit crying.

Where's TD with some obscure stat? BUT CC IS BETTER HIS WHIP AND VORP WARP SPEED DRIVE IS LOWER THEN SANTANA'S

Umm...yeah, no. Sabathia is obviously better than Santana, and if you think otherwise, you are stupid. Sabathia's career numbers on May 8th are head and shoulders better than Santana. So you're wrong.

Where's TD with some obscure stat? BUT CC IS BETTER HIS WHIP AND VORP WARP SPEED DRIVE IS LOWER THEN SANTANA'S

I doubt TD is coming back. He left JN for the same reason he left JI to come here in the first place. Anyway, welcome to the discussion CC. The O's are a ****ty team but have an excellent offense.

I doubt TD is coming back. He left JN for the same reason he left JI to come here in the first place. Anyway, welcome to the discussion CC. The O's are a ****ty team but have an excellent offense.

Jones and Markakis are there to stay. I think the Orioles want those two to be the face(s) of the franchise for years to come.

I think it is closer than people in this thread are making it seem. The career stats are pretty even. Johan is having a better year so far and is the better pitcher imo but not by far.

actually it's really not that close to even....santana has the better career numbers by a good margin.

santana:

wins - 113

era - 3.06

win % - .685

k - 1641

era+ - 147

whip - 1.098

h/9 - 7.4

k/9 - 9.3

k/bb - 3.74

johan has won 2 cy youngs and has also won the triple crown (which is quite an accomplishment).

sabathia:

wins - 119

era - 3.66

win% - .610

k - 1425

era+ - 121

whip - 1.243

h/9 - 8.3

k/9 - 7.5

k/bb - 2.64

sabathia has won the cy young once.

more than a half run better era is significant. actually the difference in every category but total wins is significant. so only thing close is wins.....but sabathia has started 261 games compared to johans 215...and has also pitched 1707.1 innings compared to johan's 1582.2 which makes the discrepency in k's even more dominating....given that if innings and games started were even the numbers for johan would look more like this:

wins: 179

k - 1771

which is again not even close.

sabathia has been very good.....santana has been alot better and it's not really even close.

actually it's really not that close to even....santana has the better career numbers by a good margin.

santana:

wins - 113

era - 3.06

win % - .685

k - 1641

era+ - 147

whip - 1.098

h/9 - 7.4

k/9 - 9.3

k/bb - 3.74

johan has won 2 cy youngs and has also won the triple crown (which is quite an accomplishment).

sabathia:

wins - 119

era - 3.66

win% - .610

k - 1425

era+ - 121

whip - 1.243

h/9 - 8.3

k/9 - 7.5

k/bb - 2.64

sabathia has won the cy young once.

more than a half run better era is significant. actually the difference in every category but total wins is significant. so only thing close is wins.....but sabathia has started 261 games compared to johans 215...and has also pitched 1707.1 innings compared to johan's 1582.2 which makes the discrepency in k's even more dominating....given that if innings and games started were even the numbers for johan would look more like this:

wins: 179

k - 1771

which is again not even close.

sabathia has been very good.....santana has been alot better and it's not really even close.

Johan has always played in 291 games. In which he did not start. In which he got those extra 200 k's over sabatthia. C.C. has more inning pitched and more complete games by far. 28 to 9. Shutout's 11-6.

Johan is a better pitcher. I just think it is closer than you think. Johan is having the better year by far. I will give you that.

Umm...yeah, no. Sabathia is obviously better than Santana, and if you think otherwise, you are stupid. Sabathia's career numbers on May 8th are head and shoulders better than Santana. So you're wrong.

I'm a Yankee fan and I'm disagreeing with you, big time.

C.C. Sabathia

Games (Started): 261

Wins: 119

Losses: 76

IP: 1707.1

Earned Runs: 695

ERA: 3.66

Johan Santana

Games (Started): 215

Wins: 113

Losses: 52

IP: 1582.2

Earned Runs: 538

ERA: 3.06

Where as Johan has dominated both the AL & NL, C.C. has still continued to find 10x better the success in the NL. Take out the NL stats for both and C.C. has over a 4 ERA, ouch.

Johan has always played in 291 games. In which he did not start. In which he got those extra 200 k's over sabatthia. C.C. has more inning pitched and more complete games by far. 28 to 9. Shutout's 11-6.

Johan is a better pitcher. I just think it is closer than you think. Johan is having the better year by far. I will give you that.

this logic is kinda flawed. only reason johan was in more "games" is because he was a relief pitcher early on. games started is a much better comparison... or win % and era/whip. k/9 and k/bb are a good measaure of hitter dominance....also baa. it's not really close. complete games and shut outs are nice i guess....but are relatively meaningless. it's ok to "think" it's closer but show me the numbers to prove it otherwise it's just a biased opinion. the numbers don't lie. johan is just a more dominant pitcher than sabathia. it's nothing against sabathia.....johan is just the best pitcher in mlb.

this logic is kinda flawed. only reason johan was in more "games" is because he was a relief pitcher early on. games started is a much better comparison... or win % and era/whip. k/9 and k/bb are a good measaure of hitter dominance....also baa. it's not really close. complete games and shut outs are nice i guess....but are relatively meaningless. it's ok to "think" it's closer but show me the numbers to prove it otherwise it's just a biased opinion. the numbers don't lie. johan is just a more dominant pitcher than sabathia. it's nothing against sabathia.....johan is just the best pitcher in mlb.

I agree with you that he is. Johan is the best. C.C. is still up there in the top 10.

Johan last night:

6.1 IP 7H 1BB 6K's 0ER and a loss to boot.

Pitched very well on a night he did not have his best fastball. Defense was horrific.

I thought Manuel pulled him too soon but after listening to him today on his reasoning I can't kill him.

0.78 ERA , 60K's in 46 IP with 4ER allowed for the season yet he's only 4-2.

Johan last night:

6.1 IP 7H 1BB 6K's 0ER and a loss to boot.

Pitched very well on a night he did not have his best fastball. Defense was horrific.

I thought Manuel pulled him too soon but after listening to him today on his reasoning I can't kill him.

0.78 ERA , 60K's in 46 IP with 4ER allowed for the season yet he's only 4-2.

That just shows how wins are a useless stat for pitchers.

That just shows how wins are a useless stat for pitchers.

I wouldn't say useless. That's a strong word. Not as powerful a stat as many believe, but not useless. Bad pitchers don't win 20 games in a season. Or 300 in a career. Those numbers tell you how often a guy puts his team in position to win, which is obviously the most important thing.

CC had another good start. ERA down to 3.70 and his WHIP down to 1.21. He is still not putting up the strikeouts and is still walking too many batters. He is starting to look like the pitcher the Yankees thought they signed.

the guy is just a slow starter......the laws of inertia are not in his favor.

Archived