can someone please post this article..

LiLMiCKMANTLE

my work computer wont let me view it and im just interested in what happened with these two guys on opening day... any how can someone just please copy and paste it here for me so i can read it?!?!?!?

thanks in advance lilmick!!

Edit: it would help if i put the link in here huh?? LOL

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Lopez-and-Clark-double-the-pleasure-double-the-?urn=mlb,153348

Lopez and Clark double the pleasure, double the fun in opener

By 'Duk.......The great thing about baseball is that you stand a good chance of seeing something you've never seen before.

And when it happens on Opening Day?

Well, then all the better.

Felipe Lopez and Tony Clark got the season off to a good start for the Diamondbacks and gave us seamheaded fans of useless trivia a thrill, homering from each side of the plate in a wildly entertaining 9-8 win over the Rockies that featured eight balls hit out of Chase Field. It was the first time that two switch-hitting teammates pulled the daily reverse double on Opening Day and the first since Jorge Posada and Bernie Williams did it for the Yankees on April 23, 2000.

It's a rare feat to begin with, but consider that Clark and Lopez combined for just nine round trips in 2008 and it seems even more improbable that they'd both manage to hit left-handed homers off righty starter Aaron Cook and then right-handed homers off lefty reliever Glendon Rusch. Lopez, who signed with Arizona in the offseason, homered in his first two at-bats.

And, yes, that's a semi-rare feat too, in case you were wondering. The last person to hit two home runs in his first game with his new team was Richie Sexson, who did it with Seattle on April 4, 2005.

Ah, obscure baseball feats and facts. How'd we ever make it through a winter without them?

here ya go.

Archived